Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Tickets are nicer than I recall from previous Openers.

Two Leafs are pictured on the ticket, Matthews and the other player I thought was an odd choice........Gardiner.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Would love us to destroy them then urinate on the smoking remains.

however, games between these two teams are tight more often than not regardless of how good one or the other has been over the years.

5-3 Leafs(inc. empty netter)

Kotkawhatever scores at least once for them though, and(although Warden beat me to this) there WILL be a poll comparing him to Matthews posted. which Matthews will lose.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
My first 2 picks in the fantasy pool last night were Tavares and Matthews, so lets start working on those 40+ goal seasons beginning in this one.

Reactions: NastyKnies

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Would love us to destroy them then urinate on the smoking remains.

however, games between these two teams are tight more often than not regardless of how good one or the other has been over the years.

5-3 Leafs(inc. empty netter)

Kotkawhatever scores at least once for them though, and(although Warden beat me to this) there WILL be a poll comparing him to Matthews posted. which Matthews will lose.

We should have a pool going of which flavour of the month young player will be compared to and subsequently beat Matthews in a poll on here this season.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Hopefully we start the season off on the right foot.

When it comes to Leafs/Habs, i wouldn’t ever pick an easy win to take place.

Reactions: glue

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
We should have a pool going of which flavour of the month young player will be compared to and subsequently beat Matthews in a poll on here this season.

you'll be seeing Elias Pettersson vs. Matthews very very soon. we already saw Boeser defeating Matthews in polls last season.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Tickets are nicer than I recall from previous Openers.

Two Leafs are pictured on the ticket, Matthews and the other player I thought was an odd choice........Gardiner.
Isn't Gardiner one of the longest tenured Leafs at this point. I don't think that it's that odd of a choice.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Isn't Gardiner one of the longest tenured Leafs at this point. I don't think that it's that odd of a choice.
When you think of the Leafs, Gardiner is way down the list of players that come to mind.
It was just an observation.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
When you realize there are back to back games on the weekend and its a long weekend in the same week the leafs face the habs in the season opener..... **** YEAHHHH:banana::scared:

Hey that's right! I knew there were games Sat and Sun but I forgot Monday was a holiday, that's awesome. Back to the Beer store I go. :laugh::laugh:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
When you realize there are back to back games on the weekend and its a long weekend in the same week the leafs face the habs in the season opener..... **** YEAHHHH:banana::scared:
In Montreal for the weekend, likely missing both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad