Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
im just really excited about this game, not sure why but anyways I thought we should get a pre game talk thread going.

Leafs are the better team here no doubt but that never means an easy win. I am hoping for dominance but there’s gonna be lots of stuff that the coach doesn’t like I’m sure. Just gotta outwork the other team and we should win most games.

Hopefully Andersen can have a better start to the season than he has the last couple years. We have the firepower to outscore any team but every point counts if we are trying to finish 1st in the division.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
Andersen is ready based on his play in the preseason in my opinion.

Montreal will at hard like how they did last Wednesday. Domi will be in their lineup so hopefully he gets a penalty or two and we make them pay for it.

It's gonna be fun. Time to get a move on.

Reactions: kb

Intact

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga ON
Andersen is ready based on his play in the preseason in my opinion.

Montreal will at hard like how they did last Wednesday. Domi will be in their lineup so hopefully he gets a penalty or two and we make them pay for it.

It's gonna be fun. Time to get a move on.

Honestly I hate to sound like a journalist on Sportsnet, but will Andersen have a good start to the year for the first time for the Leafs? Something to watch

Reactions: NiftyMits

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I hate to even begin to over-state the importance of this game, as it's 1/82, but I feel a positive result is vital. As a fan base, so much emotional investment has been made, with the signing of Tavares, the performances of Matthews and Marner in camp, etc., that anything but a win will be too stiff of a shot in the mouth.

The excitement around this team, for better or worse, needs to help carry them forward. The expectations are pretty high, both in the room, and from the city/fans.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
super excited for the series opener. Was just watching the pressers notice the way Babcock approached Marincin and Holl scenario..... Looks like more of a Dubas move than Babcock move for Marincin and Holl

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Hoping to see good puck movement and more zone carries rather than stretch passes. Also hoping for multi point nights for Marner and Matthews. On paper, this should be an easy game, but there are no easy games in practice.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Hoping to see good puck movement and more zone carries rather than stretch passes. Also hoping for multi point nights for Marner and Matthews. On paper, this should be an easy game, but there are no easy games in practice.
Opening night is always a mess across the league too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad