Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I hope we win, I don't want be in this forum if we actually lose lol.

I think I'm starting to get spoiled because I want them to win and not play a sloppy game defensively. It's so frustrating to watch this defense when they have the lead sometimes.

I think a good 6-1 beating would be ideal :sarcasm:.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This is going to be the easiest regular season ever for us and the easiest first game to WIN also! We going to crush these fools, real hard. We got the power, the money and the sensuality now to do it big time. Birth that cup, real hard. The personel is there, so now execute that thang. Montreal will be an easy match up to us and I for one am investing big time to this here game. Money in the bank. Lets see who gets the goals. Even 7 is a possibility and 10 goals also in this first one for us. It's fun.

Reactions: Snip Genos

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
We already know that...

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Ennis
Leivo-Kadri-Brown
Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov

Andersen

I'm not arguing the lines, I just don't see the point in having Kapenen on the fourth line... He's a skilled player with a lot of upside so I don't see why we're putting him on the fourth line that's barely going to play. He should be on the third line with Kadri and Brown.

I'd like to see even though I know it won't happen:

Marleau - Matthews - Ennis
Kadri - Tavares - Marner
Brown - Hyman - Kapenen
Johnsson - Lindholm - Leivo

and when Nylander is back:

Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Kadri - Tavares - Marner
Ennis - Hyman - Kapenen
Johnsson - Lindholm - Leivo

Reactions: Koolboss

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
So Leivo is going to get a chance?

I'd think so. Someone's out of the lineup and off of the roster (not expecting it to be the same player) when Nylander signs, but I'd be surprised if that wasn't the lineup to start the season with.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Real hockey, how I've missed you so. Can't wait to hear the ovation JT gets.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Any confirmed MTL roster??

BROSSARD - Here's a look at the forward lines and defense pairings featured by head coach Claude Julien at Monday's practice at the Bell Sports Complex.
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Domi - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Peca - Lehkonen
Hudon - Plekanec - Shaw/Scherbak

Reilly - Petry
Alzner - Ouellet
Mete - Juulsen
Benn

Price
Niemi

Jacob de la Rose and Jonathan Drouin aren't practicing this morning (therapy day)

Reactions: MyBudJT

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Depends what happens when Nylander is back. Ennis has been better, Leivo needs to play like his career depends on it if he sees the ice on Wednesday.

lol yeah, this isnt the case at all.

Leivo is a lock at this point (Obviously things can change). He's was solid all throughout pre-season. Even in games, he didn't register a point, he was noticeable. Babcock also mentioned the team lacks size, and Leivo is one of the biggest players we have.

The guy that needs to be worried about getting benched once Nylander is back, is Andreas Johnsson. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ennis took his spot.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Mathews-Nylander
Leivo-Kadri-Brown
Ennis-Lindholm-Kapanen
Johnsson

Reactions: coupe93 and Lauro

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
It seems like forever ago when we had to deal with the game 7 disappointments and the Babcock visiting Matthews crap. Can't believe we are almost there, a new episode of being pissed at Hyman, Babcock, Gardiner, the referees, the commentators, the Scotiabank arena, the contracts..... gotta love it all...

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
lol yeah, this isnt the case at all.

Leivo is a lock at this point (Obviously things can change). He's was solid all throughout pre-season. Even in games, he didn't register a point, he was noticeable. Babcock also mentioned the team lacks size, and Leivo is one of the biggest players we have.

The guy that needs to be worried about getting benched once Nylander is back, is Andreas Johnsson. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ennis took his spot.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Mathews-Nylander
Leivo-Kadri-Brown
Ennis-Lindholm-Kapanen
Johnsson

You could be right. Johnsson hasn't looked good in pre-season. I still think he's really good... just didn't have a good pre-season. Maybe he's still in off-season mode. He'll turn things around.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Let's run Price out of the f***in net. No holding back.
Take one penalty Habbies and it's over. We win by 4.

Reactions: NiftyMits

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
It seems like I'm always away for the most anticipated Leaf games, missed a bunch of the Washington series because of a wedding, now I'm in a Wedding in Scotland for the first game of the Tavares era Leafs. I'm gonna try to follow it as much as I can but it'll be around midnight here so I'll more than likely be half drunk in a pub somewhere.

Hopefully I wake up to a Habs murder, GO LEAFS GO

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
It seems like I'm always away for the most anticipated Leaf games, missed a bunch of the Washington series because of a wedding, now I'm in a Wedding in Scotland for the first game of the Tavares era Leafs. I'm gonna try to follow it as much as I can but it'll be around midnight here so I'll more than likely be half drunk in a pub somewhere.

Hopefully I wake up to a Habs murder, GO LEAFS GO

I'll be watching from home here in London, 12am-3am - as is the case for most Leaf games. Looking forward to the bloodbath!

Reckon the pub you're in will close around 1 and if you're sane enough you might be able to catch the 3rd!

Reactions: Lauro and Kelly

bpower

Aug 21, 2005
I'll be watching from home here in London, 12am-3am - as is the case for most Leaf games. Looking forward to the bloodbath!

Reckon the pub you're in will close around 1 and if you're sane enough you might be able to catch the 3rd!

Will be watching from Croatia, 1am-4am .. bring it on!

Reactions: NiftyMits and Lauro

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I hate to even begin to over-state the importance of this game, as it's 1/82, but I feel a positive result is vital. As a fan base, so much emotional investment has been made, with the signing of Tavares, the performances of Matthews and Marner in camp, etc., that anything but a win will be too stiff of a shot in the mouth.

The excitement around this team, for better or worse, needs to help carry them forward. The expectations are pretty high, both in the room, and from the city/fans.
Agreed. A loss and we should pretty much think about Jack Hughes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad