Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I hate to complain about Babcock's lineup choices, but this is exactly why Kapanen should have played on the Matthews line to build chemistry. these games count, and I'd much rather promote a middle 6 caliber RWer than a mediocre 4th line LWer to play on Matthews' right side

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I hate to complain about Babcock's lineup choices, but this is exactly why Kapanen should have played on the Matthews line to build chemistry. these games count, and I'd much rather promote a middle 6 caliber RWer than a mediocre 4th line LWer to play on Matthews' right side

I agree with your post but I just have to ask - why do you "hate to complain" about this? You bring forth a very valid criticism regarding how the lines are deployed. It makes lots of sense to have a young player step up for an opportunity to play with our best player rather than an aged vet who won't even be here long.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I agree with your post but I just have to ask - why do you "hate to complain" about this? You bring forth a very valid criticism regarding how the lines are deployed. It makes lots of sense to have a young player step up for an opportunity to play with our best player rather than an aged vet who won't even be here long.
oh lol that was sarcasm. I complain all the time

Sep 18, 2009
Kapanen and Matthews would be dynamite
Instead we got a placeholder
Babcock strikes again

Reactions: saffronleaf

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
We should set up a poll and ask: “Are you emotionally prepared if the Leafs lose the opener to Montreal?”

Because I sure as hell am not. I expect this to be a decisive victory. Chase Price in the 1st period kinda outing.

Reactions: Critical91

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Kapanen and Matthews would be dynamite
Instead we got a placeholder
Babcock strikes again
You guys are a hoot. He wanted all his lines together for camp, and yes Ennis is a placeholder. That way when Willie gets back, you don’t disrupt the other lines. That’s the rationale anyways, and if the line sucks he will mix it up. Ennis out, Willie in, in the meantime the other lines gel. Not exactly madness.

Reactions: AppsSyl

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
If leafs lose this we are going 0-82 and Tavares is the next Mike Richards, if we win we are going 82-0 and we need to start planning the parade.

In reality, it is just one game. Hopefully, the Nylander situation is worked out and we can get our complete roster back. Losing this game would suck and produce hot takes, but I think most posters remember 10/19/16 . Was off of Hfboards for a couple days at least after that.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Whats wrong with Johnson and Kapanen developing chemistry? They've both played together with the marlies and their speed/skill with a defensive center looks good to me. Mathews and Marleau dont need any help might as well put a placeholder in so he can collect points riding shotgun, become overrated and we trade him for higher value.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Judging by this thread some of you loathe the idea of having to watch tomorrow’s game.

Where the energy? It’s October baby lace em up! Let’s f***ing go boys!

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
I think the reason is because we all expect Nylander back at some point. Easy to stick Ennis for now and replace without a thought but what would have happened if Kapanen and Matthews clicked and were having a stellar first few games? Do you break it up or ride it until it falls off? I also think that getting Kapanen, Lindholm and Johnsson playing together from the get go gives them a better chance to build chemistry on the 4th line.
Ennis hasn’t been that bad with Matthews so for now it works.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Ennis with Matthews makes sense, sure he’s just a placeholder but they haven’t looked bad together.

Let the other lines gel and develop chemistry and figure out what do with Ennis once Nylander is back.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Cant believe it’s finally here !

Very disappointed Nylander won’t be joining but still excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad