GDT: Leafs vs Habs - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This is where I think the media has failed (who I think people are overly harsh on - they've largely taken the franchise to task) is this: all this talk about character and changing the team because of it yet that line of talk doesn't get mentioned when we this team collapses when Gallagher gets hurt. It's just fawning over him and his impact. He deserves it but he's not a freaking franchise-altering player. Or at least he shouldn't be.
It seems like the team has exerted control over the media in a way we haven't seen before. Sycophantic crap.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I'm sure Allen feels bad about that goal - and he should - but he's played really well tonight. Easily our best player. Deserved so much better than what's in front of him.

Goaltending hasn't been a problem with this team since Jocelyn Thibault. Even when Theodore had that awful year coming out of the lockout, we had Huet dominate for a couple years.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I don't think we know what KK is yet. He's only 20, one of the youngest players in the league. 6 months older than Caufield, who isn't doing anything at the moment
But hes not progressing and his spot on the team is still the same. Hes still treated like he was 36 months ago.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Games against Toronto, Winnipeg and Ottawa are sure losses in the remaining games. Tonight is the first of a sequence of 7 losses in a row. Last 2 games against Edmonton may decide if this team makes the PO.
Yes most likely. Not sure if I want MTL to make the POs at this stage. The lottery pick may be a better shot. Also MB could take the way out and a new GM take over.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
It's the best the Canadiens played in weeks and they still only scored 1 goal. Against Campbell.

This team is nothing without Gallagher and dare I say it Price.

Oh you better dare say it. Price has been the best Habs player since he's laced them up with the team. Montreal has been killing goaltender's career for a while.

Allen is only 30 but if he signs an extension with Montreal it's gonna be his last NHL team. He must run this summer

Reactions: De Montreal

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Cant get over the leafs trading FOR galchenyuk
First hes in ottawa dying, goes to the canes looks like careers over
Now hes on the leafs LAUGHING
Its just not fair lol

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Glass half full:

Before/When MB leaves in a year, Chiarot will be gone, Weber will start to only make 1 million meaning he'll probably agree to mutual termination, Staal will be a ghost, one of Byron or Drouin will probably be selected in expansion with some levying, Armia will be gone, Lehkonen will probably be gone, and a bunch of prospects will be graduating to the NHL

And the best part... DD and Richardson won't be anywhere near this team instead having someone like Bouchard as head coach

We just have a year left and our dreams of a renewal in the structure of this organization may come to be

Anyways everyone knew this game was lost before it started. Told my cousin to bet knowing that the leafs were gonna destroy the habs

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Oh you better dare say it. Price has been the best Habs player since he's laced them up with the team. Montreal has been killing goaltender's career for a while.

Allen is only 30 but if he signs an extension with Montreal it's gonna be his last NHL team. He must run this summer

We already extended Allen.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It seems like the team has exerted control over the media in a way we haven't seen before. Sycophantic crap.

I don't see it. They've challenged coaches, Bergevin and Molson. But the disconnect between Gallagher and how easily they collapse without him seems to get glossed over because of how efficient he is. It shouldn't be happening considering the premium the franchise has placed on character.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

He uh, already signed a 2 year extension before the season started lmao

Reactions: abo9

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Y’a this is priceless. He makes one mistake and it’s time to throw him under the bus. I have a highlight reel of Price doing the exact same thing.

I think it's more about he's obviously getting exhausted from workload.. I doubt anyone is anti-Allen he's just having a tough go. To say Price can't handle a work load is just being intellectually dishonest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad