GDT: Leafs vs Habs - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Just an absolutely trash team. Seeing Reilly and Galchenyuk I remembered they were picked back to back. Habs and leafs were lottery teams in Bergevins first year. Since then leafs have rebuilt properly and Montreal has done a few half baked re-tools.

How can you look at this game and say, yeah, I rather habs continue down this path vs doing what leafs did? This team has to be the worst max cap team since the inception of the cap.

Habs haven't had a top 10 point scorer since the 1980s. 35 years without a top offensive talent. Who on this team will break that streak? No one. Not a single prospect either.

I've been on this board for 15 years. Check my posts I'm rarely negative as a fan. But this team is absolutely trash and I don't have much reason to be optimistic as long as Bergevin runs the team, as long as Habs are anchored to the albatross contracts of Price and Weber, and as long as the Habs lack legitimate top tier offensive talent.
I think CC has a legit shot to be a top 10 scorer. And I haven't said that about a single prospect we've had... ever.

We will see.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I feel the same.
No way this team can go far in the PO anyway.
They also don't deserve to make them.

We need a complete overhaul.
From the scouting to the GM.
Yep and that s why I was against bringing Caufield. Fans expect too much on rookies and become bitter.

Reactions: Scott1243
Apr 28, 2010
Y’a this is priceless. He makes one mistake and it’s time to throw him under the bus. I have a highlight reel of Price doing the exact same thing.

Geez, man.

Not throwing him under the bus. I had no idea who Jake Allen was when we acquired him and the report was he was just a nice backup and that's about it.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
You are right technically.. but it still just sucks wasting another year..and god knows how much longer we have to suffer bergevin...

I honestly think he wants out. He'll easily be able to find a job. And if we're being honest, he did a decent job at his retool from the summer of 2018 to the fall of 2020 (obviously with help of a covid environment) so this league the way it is will look past his mistakes and greet him with open arms in various high ranking positions on clubs in need of a president/dominant GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad