GDT: Leafs vs Habs - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't see it. They've challenged coaches, Bergevin and Molson. But the disconnect between Gallagher and how easily they collapse without him seems to get glossed over because of how efficient he is. It shouldn't be happening considering the premium the franchise has placed on character.
I've seen very little in the way of MB being challenged in the media. I see a bunch of softball questions for the most part.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Glass half full:

Before/When MB leaves in a year, Chiarot will be gone, Weber will start to only make 1 million meaning he'll probably agree to mutual termination, Staal will be a ghost, one of Byron or Drouin will probably be selected in expansion with some levying, Armia will be gone, Lehkonen will probably be gone, and a bunch of prospects will be graduating to the NHL

And the best part... DD and Richardson won't be anywhere near this team instead having someone like Bouchard as head coach

We just have a year left and our dreams of a renewal in the structure of this organization may come to be

Anyways everyone knew this game was lost before it started. Told my cousin to bet knowing that the leafs were gonna destroy the habs

You are right technically.. but it still just sucks wasting another year..and god knows how much longer we have to suffer bergevin...

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Got news for you without Allen we lose big in Calgary. Also teams always win with only one goal right

Scott1243

Oct 17, 2017
Anderson never quits. I would take the A off Byron immediately and give it to him.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Just an absolutely trash team. Seeing Reilly and Galchenyuk I remembered they were picked back to back. Habs and leafs were lottery teams in Bergevins first year. Since then leafs have rebuilt properly and Montreal has done a few half baked re-tools.

How can you look at this game and say, yeah, I rather habs continue down this path vs doing what leafs did? This team has to be the worst max cap team since the inception of the cap.

Habs haven't had a top 10 point scorer since the 1980s. 35 years without a top offensive talent. Who on this team will break that streak? No one. Not a single prospect either.

I've been on this board for 15 years. Check my posts I'm rarely negative as a fan. But this team is absolutely trash and I don't have much reason to be optimistic as long as Bergevin runs the team, as long as Habs are anchored to the albatross contracts of Price and Weber, and as long as the Habs lack legitimate top tier offensive talent.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I've seen very little in the way of MB being challenged in the media. I see a bunch of softball questions for the most part.

He got called the disaster artist, has been challenged on his moves and lack of priority during PCs and had Kelly writing a lame column against the team in the Gazette for years. Lots of people want the media to go HFHabs in public - well, Kelly did - but that's not realistic in a professional and mutual relationship. The truth is the franchise has largely been defiant to all of it. And now they, again, have egg on their face. But this time it's with heightened expectations.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Bergevin "Habs is going to make damage in playoff"

HAHAHAHAHA.

We're a 5v5 team and great at generating scoring chances, as highlighted by the high corsi /s.

Translation: We suck at generating offense but we do dump a lot of puck towards the net

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Yes most likely. Not sure if I want MTL to make the POs at this stage. The lottery pick may be a better shot. Also MB could take the way out and a new GM take over.

I feel the same.
No way this team can go far in the PO anyway.
They also don't deserve to make them.

We need a complete overhaul.
From the scouting to the GM.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Glass half full:

Before/When MB leaves in a year, Chiarot will be gone, Weber will start to only make 1 million meaning he'll probably agree to mutual termination, Staal will be a ghost, one of Byron or Drouin will probably be selected in expansion with some levying, Armia will be gone, Lehkonen will probably be gone, and a bunch of prospects will be graduating to the NHL

And the best part... DD and Richardson won't be anywhere near this team instead having someone like Bouchard as head coach

We just have a year left and our dreams of a renewal in the structure of this organization may come to be

Anyways everyone knew this game was lost before it started. Told my cousin to bet knowing that the leafs were gonna destroy the habs
Haha yea except they always find a way to f*** everything up so don't hold you breath.

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009

There really is not a lot of difference between the media and the organization. They basically butter their bread in the exact same place.... news becomes advertising and narrative massaging.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I think it's more about he's obviously getting exhausted from workload.. I doubt anyone is anti-Allen he's just having a tough go. To say Price can't handle a work load is just being intellectually dishonest
As his career trend shows, once Allen exceeds 30GP in a (82GP) season his performance drops off significantly - given the condensed schedule his workload this season is way past that 30GP rate from a standard season.

It’s why Allen lost his starting gig in STL after years of chances.

Reactions: Gally11 and abo9

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't think we know what KK is yet. He's only 20, one of the youngest players in the league. 6 months older than Caufield, who isn't doing anything at the moment
What stands out about Kotkaniemi's game that gives you hope? He doesn't do anything particularly well.

Reactions: Habby4Life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad