Series Talk: Leafs vs. Bruins Round 1 PGDT Part 3 (No Outside Series Talk Here)

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
If we lose it better be because AM/JT/Marner couldn't get it done with 22-25 minutes each.

If we lose because we rotated three lines evenly 5 on 5 I won't be able to sleep all summer.

Homie, no point in saying that. Under this coach, that will not happen. It's the goddamn playoffs and he still is splitting time on the PP. That should tell you enough.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Lack of adjustments is the only reason why Im not very excited for this game 7.

Our chance to put em away, down by 1 and we have Marleau out there with Brown?

Before that even... 10 minutes left on the clock
Nylander is crashing the Boards and making things happen, but its brown taking his passes and vica versa --- Bring up Moore. Or switch Kap with Nylander FFS, Kap is arguably better at D than Nylander. Right?!?!?!

There is no logical reason why Babs didnt adjust. Its baffling. Infuriatingly stupid AF.
Did I mention our PP coach is a moron.

Cassidy and his coaches must be laughing at our stubborn predictable plays akin to an 8 year old hiding in the closet for hide and seek

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I can not remember the two players involved but in the 3rd period when it was 3-2 one of the Bruins slashed the stick out of a Leafs player hands and there was no penalty, which was always a penalty in the regular season. I bring that up because in 2OT of the San Jose and Vegas game, Barclay Goodrow was given 2:00 minutes for slashing Brayden McNabs stick out of his hands. So it sucks that in one game the refs don't call it a penalty and in another game they call that in 2OT.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I can not remember the two players involved but in the 3rd period when it was 3-2 one of the Bruins slashed the stick out of a Leafs player hands and there was no penalty, which was always a penalty in the regular season. I bring that up because in 2OT of the San Jose and Vegas game, Barclay Goodrow was given 2:00 minutes for slashing Brayden McNabs stick out of his hands. So it sucks that in one game the refs don't call it a penalty and in another game they call that in 2OT.

Double edged sword.

You only want penalties to be called when you have a PP.

Ours is house league level at the moment and cant even be setup properly.
Our PK is an open book and cassidy has been studying

Coaching major fail = 2019

Make me eat crow Babs.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Double edged sword.

You only want penalties to be called when you have a PP.

Ours is house league level at the moment and cant even be setup properly.
Our PK is an open book and cassidy has been studying

Coaching major fail = 2019

Make me eat crow Babs.
Remember in Game 3 when we saw both Matthews and Johnsson both score power play goals in the 2nd period. I remember thinking to myself maybe the Kadri suspension was kind of a good thing because it was Johnsson who replaced him on the #1 power play line. Hopefully they have it working for Game 7, although maybe it won't matter because for all we know they might get only one power play chance since the game is being played in Boston. In Game 5 their one and only power play happened in the 3rd period and it was only called since it was for "Too many men on the ice" and the refs let the Bruins get away with a lot more plays which could have been called penalties.

Last edited:

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I really don't get with Marleau and Brown bashing. They've been pretty good IMO, and I have more confidence in them than I do Ennis and Gauthier.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I’m extremely concerned about our inability to adjust.

Babcock has failed to get his special teams figured out. If I’m not mistaken we are the worst team in terms of PP percentage so far this playoffs. Our PK stinks as well.

All of this talent and we still see the exact same setups, and the first unit pulled from action after 40 seconds.

Impotent forecheck as soon as the going gets tough. Complete lack of killer instinct and mental fortitude.

I was hoping this team would prove me wrong, but at this point I have no faith we are strong enough to walk into Boston and take this series. Boston knows what they’re doing. They’ve been here before, they know what it takes to close out a series. We don’t.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
It just had to this way. Of course it was going to Game Seven. Can there be a worse spot for us to be, given our history? Is there a better time to exercise (dis a joke) our demons? Step right into that place of nightmares, and find out if they are real or if they are just a f-ing team that are worse at hockey than us?

Last year this team took on our tragic history and made it their own. This year we can turn the page and start something new. This is probably the pivotal moment of the Shanahan era so far. Let's put this beast to rest.

Go Leafs Go.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
It just had to this way. Of course it was going to Game Seven. Can there be a worse spot for us to be, given our history? Is there a better time to exercise (dis a joke) our demons? Step right into that place of nightmares, and find out if they are real or if they are just a f-ing team that are worse at hockey than us?

Last year this team took on our tragic history and made it their own. This year we can turn the page and start something new. This is probably the pivotal moment of the Shanahan era so far. Let's put this beast to rest.

Go Leafs Go.

Well put.

My outlook is less optimistic because I’m very disengaged with this team right now.

I picked the Bruins in 7 prior to this series and I’ve never hoped to be more wrong about hockey in my life.

We certainly have an opportunity to start a whole new chapter as a team, and shed the label of a team who can’t overcome the Bruins.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
We got away with a crap load of stuff in the 3rd so not even worried about the missed over aggressive stuck check.
How they call that in 2ot though......

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Not sure it was mentioned here but puck drop is officially 7 pm on Tuesday night. Let’s slay the dragon in Boston!

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell

Go Leafs Go.
I have to believe because at some point we have to turn the page.
That being said I can't watch, I already have heart issues and am not sure the ticker can handle another

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
For those that don’t think we have a shot, the capitals slayed their dragon on the road, in Pittsburgh last year. It CAN be done.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I almost think we don't deserve a 2nd round series with the overreactions around here...

Boston is a good team... Toronto is a good team... is anyone really suprised this is going to game 7?

Its been a very close series... and honestly, I'd give the Leafs the edge as far as better teams go.

Its going to be a coin flip tomorrow... buckle your seatbelts everyone!

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
2 equally matched teams.

at even strength.

Their PP is killing us.

as expected

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad