Series Talk: Leafs vs. Bruins Round 1 PGDT Part 3 (No Outside Series Talk Here)

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I'd stock up on some melatonin right now if you think Babcock is going to play his top guys anywhere close to 25 minutes.

Staying optimistic Babcock uses his weapons.

Game 7 should have different rules seeing as the season is over if we lose.

Let the stars get us to game 7 then we can switch back to energy conservation mode.

Hopefully he feels the same way.

edit- Oops I mean let the stars get us to the second round

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Staying optimistic Babcock uses his weapons.

Game 7 should have different rules seeing as the season is over if we lose.

Let the stars get us to game 7 then we can switch back to energy conservation mode.

Hopefully he feels the same way.

edit- Oops I mean let the stars get us to the second round

Hope you are right!

Reactions: Havoc

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If we lose it better be because AM/JT/Marner couldn't get it done with 22-25 minutes each.

If we lose because we rotated three lines evenly 5 on 5 I won't be able to sleep all summer.
Honestly if they lose and Babcock only plays the #1 power play line during the first minute on each power play, that will make me angry. Look at the way the Bruins #1 power play line is on the ice for at least 1:30 of each power play they get.

However who knows how many power plays the Leafs will get since the game is being played in Boston. In Game 5 they only had one power play and it was when the Bruins got called for Too many men on the ice, despite getting away with a lot worse.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If we lose it better be because AM/JT/Marner couldn't get it done with 22-25 minutes each.

If we lose because we rotated three lines evenly 5 on 5 I won't be able to sleep all summer.

Haha. You'll sleep fine until you find out Babcock is still our coach next season. If he does this stuff in a game 7, well, it would speak volumes.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Here was another play where the Leafs were unlucky. When the score was still 0-0 and Toronto was on their first power play, Tavares had tipped Rielly's shot and it went off the post. If he is able to tip that shot into the net, plus assuming Rielly still scores later on they have a 2-0 lead and worst case the game is tied 2-2 after the 1st period.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I have never ever felt so strongly about this opinion, and I back it up 100%:

this series is going back to Boston.

The Leafs, under NO circumstances, are winning this on Sunday. It's just not the way they want this to go. A game 7 is what they want, and is what they will deliver.

This series, without a game 7, will be a ratings kill, and a storyline kill. They want another game 7 storyline, and they want the millions of fans to tune in to that last game in Boston, where the advertisers will make their killings.

It's going 7, guaranteed. It's business, after all.

Bookmark this and bring it up later if you don't believe me.

What, you guys didn't believe me?

lol

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Looks like our start will be 7 pm Tuesday. San Jose just pushed Vegas to 7, that’ll probably be a 10 pm ET start

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
How can you not be bummed after that game. That said, it does set up for the most poetic of endings. The Leafs head back to the building of tears and heartbreak facing the same test. If we actually win in their barn, Game 7, now facing two days of over the top media narratives, it will be analogous to Washington finally beating Pittsburg, the monkey off our backs and something very special could happen as a result. The Leafs taking a Game 7 in Boston, what better way to show this team is different.

Tuesday is an opportunity, I'm not giving up on this group just yet. Don't fall to the dark side Leafs fans, there is no momentum in this series and we've already played two great games in Boston.

It was always going to be a war this series...

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I rarely bet, but I think I might toss the $500 I saved by not going to game 6 on the Bruins to win game 7. If the leafs lose, it’ll help ease the pain I guess. If we win, fk it money well spent.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Game 1 - Win
Game 2 - Loss
Game 3 - Win
Game 4 - Loss
Game 5 - Win
Game 6 - Loss
Game 7 -

No team has managed to win 2 straight, please let the trend continue, for the love of all that is good and holy.

Boston seems to be the team playing catch up in this series by having to match the Leafs every other game, by exerting more and more effort culminating in the first 10 minutes of the second period in Game 6. Seems like the energy level they require is something they can only bring every other game when their backs are against the wall. Their fans seemed to be of the belief the Leafs were tipping the scales against an older veteran team after Game 5. Hopefully the Leafs do take over and Boston has nothing left for Game Seven.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
How can you not be bummed after that game. That said, it does set up for the most poetic of endings. The Leafs head back to the building of tears and heartbreak facing the same test. If we actually win in their barn, Game 7, now facing two days of over the top media narratives, it will be analogous to Washington finally beating Pittsburg, the monkey off our backs and something very special could happen as a result. The Leafs taking a Game 7 in Boston, what better way to show this team is different.

that was the plan from the very first puck drop in game 1

one team wins one, then slacks off the next game, then wins one, then slacks.. you get it

stretch er' out to 7 games so the storyline can finally come to a head - "wow, game 7 AGAIN! Will the Leafs be able to overcome their demons of the past or will Boston defeat them yet again? Tune in this Tuesday, don't miss it!!"

And then we have an extra few million fans tuning in just like they wanted. After all, what good would this series be if the Leafs won Sunday's game by a score of 5-2? Can't have that, it's too anti-climatic. There HAS to be a storyline ending, and this is what we have (yes, again) this year lol

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkKnight

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Either team can win game 7. I hope they pull through. It is concerning that Freddie played great, the Leafs got 3 PPs, and only 2 PKs, and yet still played what must have been their worst game of the series. It leaves me with a bad feeling for game 7. They have shown they can come out strong, but I wouldn't be surprised if they completely collapse.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Tuesday night is gonna be fun.
Raptors and Leafs are both gonna advance to the next round at the same time.
City is gonna be buzzin'

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
What, you guys didn't believe me?

lol
Game sevens tend to be a crap shoot.

Looking at it from the Leafs perspective, there are negatives and positives.

The negatives is that they are on the road, but I doubt that is going to matter. The key match up the entire series is Zaitsev - Muzzin against the Bergeron line, which had to break up.

The biggest negative is the Leafs choke. Where's Marner? Choke!

The positives are that Matthews is carrying this team with less than ideal wingers. Andersen is still hot.

The biggest positive is that the Bruins looked gassed. Ever since game two, in the 3rd period the Bruins were totally gassed. That is why the Leafs look better than the Bruins in the 3rd period. Especially their defense. Get on top of them and hit them hard.

Too many soft players on the Leafs. Get on top of the Boston defense and lay a hit. They just don't do it.

Need Kadri back ASAP!

:dunce:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Either team can win game 7. I hope they pull through. It is concerning that Freddie played great, the Leafs got 3 PPs, and only 2 PKs, and yet still played what must have been their worst game of the series. It leaves me with a bad feeling for game 7. They have shown they can come out strong, but I wouldn't be surprised if they completely collapse.

This young team needs to learn some patience and buckle down when it matters: Marner blowing by Marchand for whatever reason to allow Boston's first PP goal shows lack of maturity and patience...not really sure where his head was, as we're leading 1-0 at time and a kill on the penalty would have been huge...and while Rielly scored and had a very good game, that was a very untimely pinch on Boston's GWG when we were only down by a goal in the 2nd period. Can't make those mistakes in the playoffs in a tightly contested game and expect to win.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Tavares got a bad break in the 1st period when he tipped Rielly's shot off the post.
the only break is that this guy is breaking our damn back, he needs to score in game 7 or hes going to get a shit storm from the media this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad