Series Talk: Leafs vs. Bruins Round 1 PGDT Part 3 (No Outside Series Talk Here)

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
We need somebody to step up like Marchand has. The guy is a rat but he hates losing more than he likes winning. I do not think our young guys are there yet.

His performance in world cup 2016 changed my opinion about him. Yes he still does dumb stuff in game once in a while, but for the past 3 years he has been a top level elite winger.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Carlo Colo ripped Nylander for his effort but Brian Hayes defended Willie saying what many have said about playing with 2 4th liners.

Too bad Babs wants to die on the Marleau/Brown hill.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
His performance in world cup 2016 changed my opinion about him. Yes he still does dumb stuff in game once in a while, but for the past 3 years he has been a top level elite winger.

He does whatever is needed to get an advantage. How many times does he slash or jab a player after the whistle? If you are not cheating, you are not trying.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It just had to this way. Of course it was going to Game Seven. Can there be a worse spot for us to be, given our history? Is there a better time to exercise (dis a joke) our demons? Step right into that place of nightmares, and find out if they are real or if they are just a f-ing team that are worse at hockey than us?

Last year this team took on our tragic history and made it their own. This year we can turn the page and start something new. This is probably the pivotal moment of the Shanahan era so far. Let's put this beast to rest.

Go Leafs Go.

LOL. Sick joke (assuming I'm understanding it correctly).

The licking will follow him to his grave but he's an amazing player now.

The hot takes ITT are embarrassing, I only read the last page or two but I'm feeling calm and rational when juxtaposed with some of this hysteria.

GLG!!

Reactions: Loosie

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

We all get it...he's a d-bag. But when he just plays, I have to admit, he impresses me. His skill set is elite. I didn't realize how good his hands are and how shifty he is. I've actually thought the Leafs were doing a great job of neutralizing him prior to yesterday, yet he still has put up 9 points this series. It's pretty impressive actually.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Special teams are going to be the reason Leafs get eliminated.

Or if they step up tuesday (like they did game 5) it could be the reason why they move on.....you just never know in a game 7, all the things that have happened during the series doesnt matter now, it all comes down to one game

The fact that the leafs are in a game 7 with their special teams struggling gives me hope they can pull it out, also the fact is that the leafs are due for a good special teams game so let's hope that is the case

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If the Leafs win it will be dispite their power player and if the Leafs lose it will be because of their special teams

Go LEAFS GO!

The PP has definitely been the biggest disappointment for me this season. Early in the season I was so happy when it was dominant and my thinking was that having a superior PP is going to be so huge for us in the playoffs and here we are ...

GLG!!

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
in 15:47 of ice time Game 6

two on the tape passes to opponents in our zone

five incomplete(off the mark or into the skates) passes to team-mates two in our zone two in there's and one in the neutral zone

three shots directly into shinpads creating zone evacuations

two needless icings

at least seven using the stick when taking the body was the play allowing either an entry or the cycle to continue

Thank's Jake it's only the playoffs

If you add up all the time lost we may have had an extra 3 minutes of play with the puck in that game, I don't see how playing Rosen would be worse

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I feel good about game 7 for the following reasons:
-Leafs have been good on the road all year.
-No team has won back to back games in this series yet.
-Leafs have looked like the better team in 4 out of 6 games IMO.
-Leafs seem to bounce back after lackluster efforts like yesterdays.

But it's scary that a bounce here or there could make this anybody's game.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
The PP has definitely been the biggest disappointment for me this season. Early in the season I was so happy when it was dominant and my thinking was that having a superior PP is going to be so huge for us in the playoffs and here we are ...

GLG!!

It's the PK man, THE PK! It is running below 60% right now. You can have a shit PP but as long as your PK is decent, Toronto's PP and PK are total and utter dog shit

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
marner, Tavares, muzzin, Andersson, must be the best 4 leafs players for game 7. If they are they win if they are not they loose. That simple.
Tavares, marner, must score, andersson must make the routine saves, do not let in a soft one, and muzzin must shut down pastrnak.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
No, it wasn't a choke, the momentum was lost after the first power play and then they were playing catch up for most of the game.

Oh ok. So we lost game 6 because they scored on us once. And the entire game was spent playing 'catchup'. And we lost 'momentum'.

I reiterate my choke statement.

They played game 7 already?

Nope. But they sure as hell choked in game 6 at home.

Gutless performance. Honestly it was a disgrace.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
We all get it...he's a d-bag. But when he just plays, I have to admit, he impresses me. His skill set is elite. I didn't realize how good his hands are and how shifty he is. I've actually thought the Leafs were doing a great job of neutralizing him prior to yesterday, yet he still has put up 9 points this series. It's pretty impressive actually.

Ive mentioned before to some people saying Boston is a 1 line team and Marchand isnt the best player this series... he is. Period.

He slices the D like Marner and makes plays just as well
Strong on the puck like Tavares but with the speed.
He has a sniper shot similar to Tavares as well. Plays in dirty areas.
He crashes boards and wins more often than not like Hyman.

The guy is more of a complete player than all the leafs. Tavares is the only leaf closest.

Add in Pasta and Bergeron on his wings, and you see why this one line team isnt really a " 1 " line team.

Look at their points. Look at Marchands. Elite right there.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Marner has been a ghost besides 1 pass since game 3. Shutting down a line at 5on5 and not doing much else can only get you so far. JT is guilty of this too.

B's are going to beat them into the ground physically tomorrow, if they arent ready to actually play at the start of the game it's going to spiral into penalties and thats that.

Ive mentioned before to some people saying Boston is a 1 line team and Marchand isnt the best player this series... he is. Period.

He slices the D like Marner and makes plays just as well
Strong on the puck like Tavares but with the speed.
He has a sniper shot similar to Tavares as well. Plays in dirty areas.
He crashes boards and wins more often than not like Hyman.

Look at their points. Look at Marchands. Elite right there.

Fully agree. Marchand is the scariest player with the puck. He almost always makes a good play, and not just a simple good play. People can hate him as much as they want, but the guy does everything at an elite level these days

He's the only player we have no real answer for if he decides to play.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
This game is played one way only. Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheque!

You do that long enough and in the end you get beer in a big cup!

The end

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
Neither team has won 2 straight games yet guys, we got this baby locked up ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad