Series Talk: Leafs vs. Bruins Round 1 PGDT Part 3 (No Outside Series Talk Here)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Game 4 officials

upload_2019-4-16_15-59-12.png

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I said this last night and I will say it again. I would love to see Toronto go up 3-1 and put Boston in that position we saw the Leafs in 2013 and 2018 when they played them in those previous series.

Definitely. Would be nice to win the series before Game 7 though. :)

We're seeing some things change from those past series, and reasons to be optimistic about the current series in general. Among them, the Leafs taking both Game 1 and a 2-1 series lead.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Definitely. Would be nice to win the series before Game 7 though. :)

We're seeing some things change from those past series, and reasons to be optimistic about the current series in general. Among them, the Leafs taking both Game 1 and a 2-1 series lead.
That's why winning Game 1 & 3 was major for the Leafs, since last years series went to 7 games and last night at least guaranteed that they can not go down 3-1.

Reactions: Buds17

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The Game 1 win had production from the Tavares and Kadri lines. Yesterday's win featured the Matthews and Gauthier lines in that regard. Contributions from here, there and everywhere can go a long way during these games.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I love Wes.

Hopefully Boston scores on an offside and Wes gives one of his patented suspenseful goal verdicts just to give everyone a heart attack.
I rather not see that happen because the Leafs have not had a lot of luck with offside goal reviews this season, no matter if they scored and the goal was taken away or if they challenged for offside and the goal was still allowed.

4chandler

Apr 11, 2019
The only way the Bruins can beat the Leafs is with the refs jobbing the Leafs.

In a fair game Leafs even outshoot the Bruins, this series is a cake walk.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
I said this last night and I will say it again. I would love to see Toronto go up 3-1 and put Boston in that position we saw the Leafs in 2013 and 2018 when they played them in those previous series.
if they do get the job done in game 4 i would feel like the series is over in 6. boston would be amped up for game 5 but i just couldn't see a scenario that boston comes to toronto in an elimination game with the crowd and wins.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
We need to start off with a bang. Get in Rask's head with an early goal and keep a crowd in front of him. Stretch passes if they are open, if not, short burst passes.

Chara has been awful all playoffs, lay the body on him and use speed against him. Nylander or Marner should always be out against him, or the fourth line to lay down the body on him.

We can win this game, as long as Marner keeps leading, Matthews keeps staying in the offensive zone and playing with heart and Tavares keeps shutting down Bergeron, we could take this in 6.

4chandler

Apr 11, 2019
Icing on the cake in this series is that Zaitsev is playing well enough to maybe make himself tradeable in the off season, that would be great cap relief.

He looks good (using good as a relative term here) with Muzzin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad