Series Talk: Leafs vs. Bruins Round 1 PGDT Part 3 (No Outside Series Talk Here)

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
It's just terrible that we're in Game 7 of the 1st round, trying to sort out a problem that we all know has existed since December. At this point, it's probably too late to juggle lines. They just have to show up and play.

Reactions: hockeyes and Havoc

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
One positive going into Game 7 is that Matthews has scored in every game starting in Game 3, so he's playing very well at the right time.

I guess it's also somewhat fitting the series is going the limit and maybe it's meant to be Toronto has to win it like this. If they do no one will ever talk about 2013 and 2018 ever again.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Someone will step up huge on Tuesday and we will win. Maybe JT with 2 goals? Maybe Marner with a 4 point night? Maybe Matthews hat trick?
In the regular season Tavares never went more than 5 games without scoring a goal. He has not had one since his empty net goal in Game 1 and that means he's gone 5 games since than without a goal. That should mean he's due for at least 1 goal and hopefully more on Tuesday.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
I expect Marner and JT will step up their games, and also that Matthews continues his stellar play. Boston was able to win 2/3 on the road so I dont see any reason why the leafs couldn't win 3/4 on the road....they were a great road team all year.

I also cannot see the Leafs playing a worse game on Tuesday than they did tonight, and the same goes for Boston ...no way they can play as strong as a game again. The leafs have done well in rebounding this series so hopefully that continues

In the end this where most people expected this series to go, now all we need is a win on Tuesday!

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm in no way blaming Rielly for this but when the score was 3-2 if only his pass to Matthews had connected it's almost a sure thing that Matthews would have scored another goal today and tied the game.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I'm in no way blaming Rielly for this but when the score was 3-2 if only his pass to Matthews had connected it's almost a sure thing that Matthews would have scored another goal today and tied the game.
I think the pass needed to be in the air to get through, although Gretzky probably could have done it with a saucer. I'm a little surprised Matthews whiffed, his hand eye is world class.

Reactions: leafs in five

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Marner is getting bumped, like you don't get bumped in the regular season. If you count playoffs AND regular season, this guy doesn't deserve anywhere near what he and his father think he should get.

If we hadn't dressed Marleau the past two games we would be getting ready to host the Blue Jackets. Poor guy doesn't have the operational speed to handle this pace. Not this series anyways.

Heck, he doesn't even rumble the boards any more.

When we lose on Tuesday, that will make three game seven losses to the Bruins. Which probably just heightens the Leaf Nation hysteria of 62 years of frustration.

And of course it will amplify the haters verbiage towards Leaf Nation.

I will watch the game, but it will probably be out of morbid fascination.

These two teams are so close that, one or two more Marleau's being inserted into our lineup, is just a full on guarantee, we lose.

Not a Bruin took the game off today.

We had some terrible members on our side. Nylander was floating and gliding and avoiding as badly as I have ever seen him.

I just don't ever see him as ever being anything more than his dad.

Hats off to Boston. They certainly brought their heart and soul into this game.

So did we till Marchand scored that great goal off Hainsey. After that Boston elevated their game two gears up right away.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Marner is getting bumped, like you don't get bumped in the regular season. If you count playoffs AND regular season, this guy doesn't deserve anywhere near what he and his father think he should get.

If we hadn't dressed Marleau the past two games we would be getting ready to host the Blue Jackets. Poor guy doesn't have the operational speed to handle this pace. Not this series anyways.

Heck, he doesn't even rumble the boards any more.

When we lose on Tuesday, that will make three game seven losses to the Bruins. Which probably just heightens the Leaf Nation hysteria of 62 years of frustration.

And of course it will amplify the haters verbiage towards Leaf Nation.

I will watch the game, but it will probably be out of morbid fascination.

These two teams are so close that, one or two more Marleau's being inserted into our lineup, is just a full on guarantee, we lose.

Not a Bruin took the game off today.

We had some terrible members on our side. Nylander was floating and gliding and avoiding as badly as I have ever seen him.

I just don't ever see him as ever being anything more than his dad.

Hats off to Boston. They certainly brought their heart and soul into this game.

So did we till Marchand scored that great goal off Hainsey. After that Boston elevated their game two gears up right away.

I hope I'm right about this one, but the energy level the Bruins need to bring to win a game against the Leafs is pretty astronomical. Does not seem like they've been able to sustain that level of play in successive games, and I'm hoping the Leafs win come out and throw everything at Boston in Game Seven en route to victory.

Given the history of the two teams, will be interesting to see who jumps out ahead and how each team is able to protect their lead.

Reactions: Havoc

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Thankfully I'm working Tuesday night. I don't think my heart can take it
I’m working Tuesday night as well, but I know I will watch the game before heading into work. Hey, btw, have they posted the start time yet?

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I’m working Tuesday night as well, but I know I will watch the game before heading into work. Hey, btw, have they posted the start time yet?
Not yet, I think they’re waiting to see if SJ/VGK goes 7. If it does, we’re probably a 7 pm puck drop. If not, we’re probably a 8 pm start.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yes or no does Game 7 go into overtime?

If you include all 7 games of last years series and the 6 games played this year, they have played 13 straight games without anyone of them going to overtime.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Babcock needs to stop it and replace Marleau with Moore. Marleau cant do anything right offensively anymore

Marleau outweighs Moore by almost 40 pounds but can anyone remember a hit where he rocked someone?
Marleau's speed is fine but when he gets in on the forecheck he will either just give a little shove or a soft shoulder, barely enough to even know he is there.
Moore makes an effort that Marleau is either unable to give any more or is unwilling to for fear of getting an injury and ending his "iron man" streak.
Too soft.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
upload_2019-4-21_21-57-3.jpeg
upload_2019-4-21_21-57-3.jpeg

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Yeah, I’m really surprised there hasn’t been any OT in this series......yet. Don’t know if I could handle that though.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yes or no does Game 7 go into overtime?

If you include all 7 games of last years series and the 6 games played this year, they have played 13 straight games without anyone of them going to overtime.

No. I don’t think the Bruins, namely Marchand, will let this be close.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
If we lose it better be because AM/JT/Marner couldn't get it done with 22-25 minutes each.

If we lose because we rotated three lines evenly 5 on 5 I won't be able to sleep all summer.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
If we lose it better be because AM/JT/Marner couldn't get it done with 22-25 minutes each.

If we lose because we rotated three lines evenly 5 on 5 I won't be able to sleep all summer.

I'd stock up on some melatonin right now if you think Babcock is going to play his top guys anywhere close to 25 minutes.

Reactions: leafs in five

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad