Confirmed with Link: Leafs to sign Pär Lindholm

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
What you are saying is Shanny, Chelios, Yzerman and others were weeded out instead of retiring due to old age. Just want to be clear.
Also the fact that Leo pretty much led the forwards in Ice Time, Hyman being on the top line, giving Polak a spot over Carrick, are his plan to play a fast, high event, super soft Euro style hockey.

Leo getting the most ice time may have been a stretch, but Hyman had a purpose on the top line that the more skilled guys could never dream of doing. Also Carrick is not exactly an amazing skater nor some amazing puck mover who put up points. Maybe he was better than Polak (but not even by a whole lot), but Polak beat him in physicality, defensive awareness and PK ability by a whole lot, and we needed those things a lot more than a slightly better puck mover whose main thing going for him is potential. Personally, I think Carrick gets dealt this year because he's not going to be a top 4 defenseman on this team and unless he's going to learn PK and improves his overall skill, he's not going to be a bottom pairing defenseman for this team either.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'm thinking this is for competition for Aaltonen. Can't see us going into next year without another proven center signed or traded for.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'm thinking this is for competition for Aaltonen. Can't see us going into next year without another proven center signed or traded for.

I can see maybe going after Kruger because a trade could do more than just get him, but I don't think Lindholm was a signing for the AHL. He's going to have every opportunity to get at least that 4C job, and their backup plans are probably Aaltonen and Gauthier. Probably won't go beyond them.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Leo getting the most ice time may have been a stretch, but Hyman had a purpose on the top line that the more skilled guys could never dream of doing. Also Carrick is not exactly an amazing skater nor some amazing puck mover who put up points. Maybe he was better than Polak (but not even by a whole lot), but Polak beat him in physicality, defensive awareness and PK ability by a whole lot, and we needed those things a lot more than a slightly better puck mover whose main thing going for him is potential. Personally, I think Carrick gets dealt this year because he's not going to be a top 4 defenseman on this team and unless he's going to learn PK and improves his overall skill, he's not going to be a bottom pairing defenseman for this team either.

I was replying to a post someone made about Babs wants Leafs to be some Euro team.

I am fine with Hyman and Polak BC they provide something the Leafs don't have. Really glad Babs didn't play Leo in game 7, when I saw Leo warming up with the Leafs, I got so scared.

Agree with you about Carrick, he is most likely getting trade.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Just putting it out there, but perhaps Lindholm wouldn't an upgrade on the center who had the most assists on the team?

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Looks like most fans here don't want the leafs to pick up any player for the squad who isn't a GUD PRO (must have 'grit', have proven themselves to be a consistent 20-30pt player max and/or is 35+) or they want the leafs to hand their favorite UFAs blank checks (including GUD PROs or 35+, plus, you know, empty the bank for Tavares because the last thing the team needs is to spend any of the 10mil+ cap they will offer him on defense) or they want broken down players who will spend half the season or more on the IR, while still costing a major chunk of the teams cap while they are sitting games out (Tanev seems the favorite of these people).

All the centers people otherwise seem to want are 4th line grinding slowpokes who will either severely slow down our young speedy wingers or be watching from our teams blue line while they are trying to maintain possession in the offensive zone because they are too slow, meaning they will be spending all their time in our end because of this? Maybe the TML braintrust actually thinks it might be a good idea to have centers who can actually keep up with their wingers, and help maintain posession in the offensive zone? Lindholm is part of this process.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This might need mentioning, but Lindholm is probably better then the centre who cant play defence and gets carried by great wingers?

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
i hope not..time to move on from the guys that still have that loser mentality
Pf. Bozak was one of our best guys in the past TWO playoffs. He was one of the very few guys who werent scared af. Two proven guys (Matthews and Kadri) and 3 projects (Nylander Aaltonen Lindholm) is not cutting it it doesnt make us better.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Pf. Bozak was one of our best guys in the past TWO playoffs. He was one of the very few guys who werent scared af. Two proven guys (Matthews and Kadri) and 3 projects (Nylander Aaltonen Lindholm) is not cutting it it doesnt make us better.

Classic Leaf attitude. No room on this team for NHL rookies or younger players going forward. Only high CAP vets and GUD PROS should be of any interest. Under age 30 Players who dominated their leagues (SHL, AHL, KHL) are not welcome, ever.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Classic Leaf attitude. No room on this team for NHL rookies or younger players going forward. Only high CAP vets and GUD PROS should be of any interest. Under age 30 Players who dominated their leagues (SHL, AHL, KHL) are not welcome, ever.
its not what i said calm your titts
a team needs 4 centres and we have two
i wouldnt call Matthews a high CAP vet and GUD PRO actually i wouldnt call Kadri a high CAP vet/GUD PRO either

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
The cock is a big fan of Aaltonen for the 4C spot, but I guess they can battle it out now.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
"Significant" upgrade, over Bozak as a #3C? Barring some type of Tavares miracle, that just isn't going to happen.

It has to happen. That and at least one solid dman should be the goal this off season. If not we might/will take a step back. Only reason I say might is because we don't know how good the kids will be next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad