Confirmed with Link: Leafs to sign Pär Lindholm

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Must have been scouted for a while.

Depth is always good. While I haven’t seen him play I’d have a hard time seeing him ahead of Aaltonen though

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Another free wallet from Sweden? Sure, why not. We need all the depth we can get at centre.

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
I have some info on him:

He likes to Pärty and his favourite band is the Alan Pärsons Project. He also doesn't have any unpaid Pärking tickets and he's never had a Pärt time job.

Don't forget to tip your waitress :sarcasm:

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Hopefully he can cover that 4C slot. May need time in the AHL but we shall see during training camp

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
The website that I Got that information from said he could be a 4th line centre and play all situations. I don't think Aaltonen was given the benefit of the doubt because we had eric fear and just signed Dom Moore. This guy has like no competition other than aaltonen.

I would be really surprised if we didn't sign or trade for another 3/4 C before training camp. Going in with just these 2 as our only options would not be smart.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I would be really surprised if we didn't sign or trade for another 3/4 C before training camp. Going in with just these 2 as our only options would not be smart.
If rather play them 10 minutes a game over a veteran 10 minutes per game.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
rickard-wallin-ab-1024x683.jpg

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
One of the two sure, but if you completely neglect veteran presence entirely you end up like the oilers
I'll take 10 minutes of a rookie than a veteran. The oilers issue is they not good upfront after their big 3 and their defense was hurt this year and talbot sucked. Veteran experience isn't gonna change that. Lucic and his 1 goal in 40 games doesn't help the team despite his 'veteran experience'.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
The GOAT hasn't fallen at all.

Gauthier was a low ceiling draft pick that had an outside shot of being a bottom 9 forward in the NHL. I don't think anything has changed in that regard.

It has, and remains, a poor draft pick by the Leafs. With that being said, that's not Gauthier's fault - it's not as if he was projected to be a #1C and then fell off. He is what he is.

yep. Not his fault the Leafs deliberately drafted a player they felt had 3rd line upside at best with a first round pick. It was infuriating even at the time.

Best part is, it's the terrible pick that keeps on giving...as we pour more assets down the drain year after year looking to patch the 4C hole. Once Turtleneck departs we're back to square 1 again.

Hunter really needs to restock the C cupboards. I think we're ok at wing but man does it fall off a cliff organizationally after Kadri.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
How are people finding ways to miserable about a prospect that cost us nothing apart from cash and a roster spot in a position we need more depth in?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
So Aaltonen, Lindholm and GOAT for 2 center positions next year?

What if Leafs hit a jackpot and Tavares agrees to a 1 yr deal (like Hossa did) worth 12 to 13 million dollars for next year?

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
So Aaltonen, Lindholm and GOAT for 2 center positions next year?

What if Leafs hit a jackpot and Tavares agrees to a 1 yr deal (like Hossa did) worth 12 to 13 million dollars for next year?

To borrow a quote from Anchorman 2 - I'd be swimming in frothy *****late if that happened.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad