Confirmed with Link: Leafs to sign Pär Lindholm

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I thought he was signing with the Canucks?

Either way, always good to find depth like this.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Yeah, never heard of him but did see that the Canucks were interested. Guess that would mean they have no intention of signing Bozak? Don't think it was too likely either way.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Yeah, never heard of him but did see that the Canucks were interested. Guess that would mean they have no intention of signing Bozak? Don't think it was too likely either way.

I don't think he's meant to replace anyone, especially not someone like Bozak. He'll probably be brought in and hope he can provide depth, very likely starting on the Marlies like Aaltonen.

I wouldn't expect much here.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I don't think he's meant to replace anyone, especially not someone like Bozak. He'll probably be brought in and hope he can provide depth, very likely starting on the Marlies like Aaltonen.

I wouldn't expect much here.
From the short amount I've read on him, it seems he's NHL ready according to teams. You're right though, I don't know enough about him and could just end up being a depth move.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
May be a something or nothing but shows that the wheels are already turning at MLSE.
Think it shows how invested the Leafs are in the SHL too. Rosen and Borgman last year, Lindholm this year. They're not afraid of taking chances on these guys.

Reactions: ThewThew

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
My guess is he is the competition for Aaltonen and Gauthier on that 4th line, nothing more. Not a terrible move considering the 4C market is either overpriced or underwhelming this year.

At the very least he becomes the 13th forward vet as insurance for Aaltonen.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Toronto Maple Leafs to sign Pär Lindholm per report

The Skellefteå forward had an outstanding year, as the 1C on a top SHL team and made the Olympic team as well.

By KatyaKnappe Apr 30, 2018, 8:00am EDT

Toronto Maple Leafs to sign Pär Lindholm per report

918441816.jpg.0.jpg

Pär Lindholm scoring Sweden’s first goal at the Olympics this year.
Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images

A report described as from “sure sources” in the Swedish press has Pär Lindholm, breakout SHL star and subject of many rumours choosing to sign with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Hockeysverige.se says they have tried to get a comment from his agent, but they haven’t responded. However, they are firm in their claim that the Skellefteå star centre will sign with Toronto after being pursued by several teams. There was a report out of the draft lottery day interview with Vancouver Canucks GM Jim Benning that they had decided not to sign the 26-year-old forward.
You will recall that last year the Leafs were rumoured to be signing Philip Holm, who ended up on the Canucks until he was traded mid-way through the season. The Leaf opted instead for Calle Rosén, Andreas Borgman and Miro Aaltonen.

bluumax

Mar 7, 2008
Think it shows how invested the Leafs are in the SHL too. Rosen and Borgman last year, Lindholm this year. They're not afraid of taking chances on these guys.

Id hazard a guess that this is down to the fact Thommie Bergman is probably our most consistent talent spotter, chances are that if it comes from Sweden its got something to do with Bergman. The guy is money.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
My guess is he is the competition for Aaltonen and Gauthier on that 4th line, nothing more. Not a terrible move considering the 4C market is either overpriced or underwhelming this year.

At the very least he becomes the 13th forward vet as insurance for Aaltonen.

The goat gets further and further from the nhl by the day. He should have been ready to take his spot without us giving up a 2nd for Boyle but as it goes we had to trade a 2nd for plek too. Aaltonen is the marlies go to C, and Lindholm has more offence than the goat will ever have which isn’t massively important but it is something you can be a non factor offensively

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The goat gets further and further from the nhl by the day. He should have been ready to take his spot without us giving up a 2nd for Boyle but as it goes we had to trade a 2nd for plek too. Aaltonen is the marlies go to C, and Lindholm has more offence than the goat will ever have which isn’t massively important but it is something you can be a non factor offensively

Which is why it is quite possible he gets dealt. The Leafs may want a smaller skill guy as their 4C, but many teams will take a chance on 23 year old 6'5" defensively capable centers who win a ton of draws and have a fair amount of NHL experience already. Especially when they have been getting better in important areas. I can see him being used as one of the prospects the Leafs use to improve their current roster.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Which is why it is quite possible he gets dealt. The Leafs may want a smaller skill guy as their 4C, but many teams will take a chance on 23 year old 6'5" defensively capable centers who win a ton of draws and have a fair amount of NHL experience already. Especially when they have been getting better in important areas. I can see him being used as one of the prospects the Leafs use to improve their current roster.

Lindholm is 6'2" and Aaltonen is 6' I wouldn't call them small skill guys. Doesn't Aaltonen PK on the marlies? he was for a little while. I don't know where to find faceoff stats for the AHL. The Goat has been given chances to stick, you can tell Babcock would love him to stick by the way he talks about him. If we trade him even in a package he would be more of a makeweight than an actually piece in the value. id deal the goat this year in a heartbeat, he is done 18 points in 57 games the AHL doesn't cut it even for a NHL 4C

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
This years Aaltonen. Can't say I have a strong opinion of him, to be honest. Always been a smart, defensively aware player, but I'm skeptical about his offensive upside.

Edit: Due to my nationality, I think it's worth pointing out that people shouldn't take my word for it. I've seen him play quite a bit, but I've never really scouted him. The above is just a fan opinion.

Last edited:

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
As a Swede I feel there can never be enough Swedes on the Leafs roster. ;)

Joking aside, I have to admit I don't know enough about him to really know where he slots in on the Leafs as I don't follow the SHL. But I would assume he is on the same level as Aaltonen, I don't expect him to make an immediate impact but I thought the same about Borgman and he made the team (at least initially).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad