Post-Game Talk: Leafs stomp Mcjesus

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I still can’t believe our team will not stick up for each other what happens when Matthew gets it ☹️

First of all, it really wasn’t a dirty hit. Secondly, Don’t think Malone played after that. Which to me was a very classy thing Hitch did. Also, if you noticed, Hitch kept rolling McDavid out there instead of his 4th line toward the end. I think he is sending a message to his team that keep those frustrations and fires for next game instead of gooning it.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Oilers overpaid Lucic not McDavid or Drai. Chia also thought that Lucic can replace Hall thus he went out and traded Hall away for a Dman. They also overpaid a lot of middle 6 players and screwed up development of a lot of young players. Most of all, Talbot somehow forgot how to make a save and thus traded away.
Overpayments hurt. They hurt A LOT. If McDavid and Drai made 2 million more each, and had 4 million in savings in people like Lucic and other middle 6 players, they still be at the precise same problem.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I wonder why Marincin was called up. Ozhiganov is a young guy, I'm sure he could handle the back to back. Would be a good opportunity to drop Hainsey to the third pair to "Mentor" Holl. Gives us some time to see Rielly without Hainsey glued to him.

I actually like Hainsey when he tries to break out on his natural side and I have no idea why he prefers the right.

Rielly-Zaitsev
Muzzin-Ozhiganov
Hainsey-Holl

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
He's been dangerous even when he wasn't scoring if you watch the games.
I know you meant well but being dangerous without anything to show for on the Goals and Assists columns is useless. Virtanen looks dangerous a lot of the times for the Nucks but he is useless.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Ahh advanced stats were right about William Nylander who knew. Where the haters at?
They foucus on the point total and ignore everything else. They also still believe he doesn't go in to corners despite evidence to the contrary.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I've heard leaf fans say time and time again that elite skill is what's hard to get, so who cares if you overpay them.

Well... Edmonton has two of the best players in the entire league and are one of the worst teams. So it's not JUST about skill players. It's about the depth that surrounds them.

Sure, when Matthews and Marner make less than 2 million between them, things seem ok. But when they combined make well over 20 million (due to dramatic overpayments)? Yeah... we may be the Oilers of the future.
McDavid is Matthews. Draisaitl is Tavares. Nylander is Hopkins. And Marner I'm
starting to wonder if we can even afford to keep at all...

Except we have a much better coach, GM and Front Office. The whole idea is being able to keep costs down by cycling through some cheap players, picking up a free agent on the cheap because he knows a season in our top 6 means he’ll make twice as much on his next team.

CyBorgman

Oct 4, 2017
Except we have a much better coach, GM and Front Office. The whole idea is being able to keep costs down by cycling through some cheap players, picking up a free agent on the cheap because he knows a season in our top 6 means he’ll make twice as much on his next team.
Do we have a better GM? It seems like Tavares was coming home regardless of it being Lou or Kyle. The Muzzin trade was nice but the contract negotations were failures.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
So Nylander, Matthews, and (likely) Marner are all overpaid.

When everybody on this board says things like "Who cares. If your skill players are overpaid, it's no big deal"... just remember the Oilers.

They're the CARBON COPY definition of paying top dollar for skill players, and having absolutely no depth.

The Dubas dramatic overpayments will DESTROY our depth.

You should all be FURIOUS at the Dubas overpayments. Not making lame excuses for him.

I mean, I agree with you in a lot of ways. But you're kind of hysterical. Chill.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
So Nylander, Matthews, and (likely) Marner are all overpaid.

When everybody on this board says things like "Who cares. If your skill players are overpaid, it's no big deal"... just remember the Oilers.

They're the CARBON COPY definition of paying top dollar for skill players, and having absolutely no depth.

The Dubas dramatic overpayments will DESTROY our depth.

You should all be FURIOUS at the Dubas overpayments. Not making lame excuses for him.
None of those players are overpaid. Zaitsev is but we have to blame Lou for that.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
They foucus on the point total and ignore everything else. They also still believe he doesn't go in to corners despite evidence to the contrary.
I’ve actually forgot more about the point totals with Nylander at C.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Man, Oilers fans who are complaining about the reffing like it's why they lost have no clue.
Maybe someday they'll figure out that when you never have the puck and are being out-skated/out-skilled/out-worked by a superior team, you tend to take a lot of penalties.

Reactions: WilliamNylander

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Fingers crossed for my boy Dermott, but it's time for some Nylander tweets:

Nick DeSouza on Twitter

Flintor on Twitter

mux on Twitter

So next time we talk about trading Nylander, don't.

You mean Melander?

I love how quickly people forgot how good he really is.

I guess those people watching the games now like:
- Wow! Oh no that was Nylander, i should hate you.
Next shift:
- Wooow! (oh again..)

Reactions: Morgs

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Oiler fans are so salty lmao. Trying to take every little shot they can about the Leafs to try and make themselves feel better about that disaster of an organization. The oilers are no where near being a consistent playoff team.

They're acting like they lost the game because of one non call against rielly.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Whats is sad is that there is little discussion on the bullshit 2nd goal that counted. Its come to a point where we expect this bullshit.

Had both the Malone hit, and the edmonton "goal" been in reverse (us doing it on Edmonton), we would have had a 5 minute minor, and the goal would have been called back.

What a joke.

Why don't the Leafs get the respect other teams get?

Reactions: kb and ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad