Post-Game Talk: Leafs stomp Mcjesus

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
This is where the "pro-fighting" crowd instantly takes this discussion for some reason.

Not having played the sport at a certain level doesn't mean you can't be against fighting as a payback for a clean hit or in this case an injury nobody even seems to know when or how it happened.

Maybe you're busy playing the sport and not seeing how radically different it is from just 5 years ago and not even close to what it was 10 years ago. And barely the same sport as 15 years ago when hits getting people into the Hall of Fame are now deemed head hunting and illegal.

What would having a tough guy or team of them done to help Jake Gardiner or Dermott?

Or does someone who has never played at a high level need to start naming off all the injuries caused by trying to stick up for people? Or the embarrassing incidents such as Bertuzzi's and McSorley's that came from trying to get retribution for essentially initial incidents that were really nothing when viewed in hindsight?

We're down to a handful of rats in a league that used to be polluted with them. Fighting, hitting but also head injuries and long term injuries overall have never been fewer then in this NHL right now that is faster and more entertaining then it has been in over 25 years.

I'll go with your logic and say nothing but it would have done something to the oilers D.
Say you are playing a playoff series and you lose Gardiner in game one. Lose Dermott in game 3. The other team keeps their D in tact.
BTW fighters are not rats.:laugh:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I don't think this is exclusive to Leafs fans, I think it's more of a human thing to have more to say in times of frustration than contentment.

100% this. There was a study done that showed people are something like 12 times more likely to tell people about a bad customer service experience than a good one. It's just human nature and Leaf fans are only human.

Tonight however might be the exception that proves the rule if you catch my drift. ;)

GLG!!

Reactions: TheDoldrums

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
I'll go with your logic and say nothing but it would have done something to the oilers D.
Say you are playing a playoff series and you lose Gardiner in game one. Lose Dermott in game 3. The other team keeps their D in tact.
BTW fighters are not rats.:laugh:

Judging by how they played we wanted their D on the ice. They made life very easy on us.

Nobody said fighters were rats. But when there's fighting there's a lot more rats around as way more stuff is let go.

Now they stand out because there's so few of them. Every team used to have multiple guys who played that way and had to in that era.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
100% this. There was a study done that showed people are something like 12 times more likely to tell people about a bad customer service experience than a good one. It's just human nature and Leaf fans are only human.

Tonight however might be the exception that proves the rule if you catch my drift. ;)

GLG!!
I called my mechanic once to tell him he'd done a really good job on the tuneup. His response was: "thanks, but...". Took me five minutes to convince him that I was just calling to say "well done".

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton

GLG!!

I work in a world where customer surveys are taken very seriously.

But it's also a world where customers are only getting in touch with you because something is broken or not working. So even if you fix it to the best of anyones ability there's still at times and underlying issue with the customer since they had to report it and deal with you fixing it.

But my employer takes the good surveys and puts way more emphasis on them then the bad because good means you've flipped the customer from upset to being a supporter of your company. The bad are one offs you deal with as they happen. Because it's a lot easier to complain about something that broke then it is about something that's worked fine for 3 years.

When is the last time anyone here called Sony or Toshiba to let them know their TV is working well? :laugh:

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I called my mechanic once to tell him he'd done a really good job on the tuneup. His response was: "thanks, but...". Took me five minutes to convince him that I was just calling to say "well done".

LOL, that's hilarious.

I work in a world where customer surveys are taken very seriously.

But it's also a world where customers are only getting in touch with you because something is broken or not working. So even if you fix it to the best of anyones ability there's still at times and underlying issue with the customer since they had to report it and deal with you fixing it.

But my employer takes the good surveys and puts way more emphasis on them then the bad because good means you've flipped the customer from upset to being a supporter of your company. The bad are one offs you deal with as they happen. Because it's a lot easier to complain about something that broke then it is about something that's worked fine for 3 years.

When is the last time anyone here called Sony or Toshiba to let them know their TV is working well? :laugh:

Makes sense to me, your employer is a smart cookie. :)

I definitely don't call my TV manufacturer as I'm not sure they don't hear every word I say as it is.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Louie Debrusk on the Oiler radio show today

"Chalk up last night as a one-off"

HELLO. HAVE YOU PAID ATTENTION TO THE OILERS PLAY FOR LITERALLY A DECADE

Honestly, Oilers radio fascinates me. Its unbelievable how biased they are. Its like they think its all some massive misunderstanding that the Oilers arent leading the league.

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Louie Debrusk on the Oiler radio show today

"Chalk up last night as a one-off"

HELLO. HAVE YOU PAID ATTENTION TO THE OILERS PLAY FOR LITERALLY A DECADE

Honestly, Oilers radio fascinates me. Its unbelievable how biased they are. Its like they think its all some massive misunderstanding that the Oilers arent leading the league.

Hahahahaha that's incredibly awesome!!

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Hahahahaha that's incredibly awesome!!

I listen to podcasts of other teams radio shows all the time. Oilers are by a long shot the biggest homers of any Canadian market. Every other market routinely yells and screams about the state of their team. Never Oilers radio. A few weeks ago someone tweeted the radio show and called the host out for being a team shill or whatever and he actually threatened to track the guy down and tell his employer he was tweeting mean comments

Like wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad