Post-Game Talk: Leafs stomp Mcjesus

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Oiler fans are so salty lmao. Trying to take every little shot they can about the Leafs to try and make themselves feel better about that disaster of an organization. The oilers are no where near being a consistent playoff team.

They're acting like they lost the game because of one non call against rielly.
Correction, some oiler fans are, not all.

I watched the game with my Dad (an oiler fan since day 1) and there was no salt coming from him yesterday. Even at one point he was so impressed watching the Leafs during that scoring outbreak in the 2nd that he had nothing but positive things to say about the Leafs. My Oiler friends and family havent had **** all to shit on us for the past few years. It was so quiet in my texts on my cell last night. I dont even remember the last time they beat us

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The "Melander" peeps have completely disappeared. How embarrassing that was.

Also, 8 pages after a win, eh? I'm pretty sure we reach 8 pages after a loss in less than 10 minutes.

This game, at least, I think has had a bunch of posts deflected from the PGT by Isles game GDT and Dermott injury thread

Aside from Dermott's injury, what else is there to really talk about? It was a thorough beating of a bad team. McDavid was nonexistent too.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Whats is sad is that there is little discussion on the bull**** 2nd goal that counted. Its come to a point where we expect this bull****.

Had both the Malone hit, and the edmonton "goal" been in reverse (us doing it on Edmonton), we would have had a 5 minute minor, and the goal would have been called back.

What a joke.

Why don't the Leafs get the respect other teams get?

I know it probably won't have any impact, but the Leafs need to speak out occasionally, even if it costs them a fine.

Reactions: Its not your fault

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Its like theres a bandwagon in this fanbase hitched to whomever of Mitch or Willy is playing well at the moment. Its been happening now for three seasons.
Liking one shouldn't preclude liking the other. Mitch is my favourite player, but that doesn't mean I hate Nylander. I like him a lot too, and see the tremendous talent in him.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
The "Melander" peeps have completely disappeared. How embarrassing that was.

Also, 8 pages after a win, eh? I'm pretty sure we reach 8 pages after a loss in less than 10 minutes.

Only for them.

The rest of us saw it for the reactionary childish garbage it was.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Liking one shouldn't preclude liking the other. Mitch is my favourite player, but that doesn't mean I hate Nylander. I like him a lot too, and see the tremendous talent in him.
Same here. Mitch is my favorite, the first and only jersey I've bought from the current team, the guy I cheered out loud for when we drafted him. Somehow I've gotten labeled as the opposite just because I've defended Nylander. I simply don't subscribe to the notion that you need to trash one to raise up the other.

It's pretty absurd when the same day that I call Marner a Kane with a stronger two-way game, I get called a Marner hater. Why? I argued that playing sheltered minutes with two productive players and running a top PP with some of the best PP players in the world is a pretty sweet opportunity.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
So Nylander, Matthews, and (likely) Marner are all overpaid.

When everybody on this board says things like "Who cares. If your skill players are overpaid, it's no big deal"... just remember the Oilers.

They're the CARBON COPY definition of paying top dollar for skill players, and having absolutely no depth.

The Dubas dramatic overpayments will DESTROY our depth.

You should all be FURIOUS at the Dubas overpayments. Not making lame excuses for him.
Get over it with the contracts **** already. You act like the Leafs hired you on to be their salary cap guru when in reality, you dont know what you're talking about.

Put the calculator away and for the love of God try and enjoy a W for once.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Matthews as well. "Trade Matthews, Marner is the real captain of this team!!!" I've read this too many times around here.

I face palmed too many times in the past year I'm sure I gave myself multiple concussions.

Some people can't handle having a good Toronto Maple Leafs team. I'm not even joking when I say that I'm pretty sure some enjoyed the Brian Burke/David Nonis era a lot more.
It's like they have to pick one as their favourite, and then defend them at all costs, and then make trade proposals to away the others "In the name of the salary cap". WTF?

Heck there are those who think that Kadri was at any point our best, or most important player. Now there is some real delusion, folks! :sarcasm:

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I appreciate and cheer for everyone on this team. They’re on our team, so why wouldn’t you?
Because you and pretty much everyone else on here enjoy what we have. It's truly a joy to behold. And only going to get better.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Get over it with the contracts **** already. You act like the Leafs hired you on to be their salary cap guru when in reality, you dont know what you're talking about.

You;d think with weeks of saying the same thing, one would move on.....

Blair

Oct 15, 2006
Edmonton, AB
That should be embarrassing to Leaf fans. There should be more posts after a win than a loss.

Several of the whiners and instigators aren’t actual Leaf fans. It’s a bit annoying as there are more than enough bad takes and emotional outbursts from Leafs Nation already without the alt accounts.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
That should be embarrassing to Leaf fans. There should be more posts after a win than a loss.

Meh, it's just human nature. I'd guess that it's the same for other teams as well.

Hainsey was a +2 this game

He is now the league leader in +/- with a +32 rating.

I think it's quite impressive considering he has a very high QOC

That's interesting, I had no idea.

It's like they have to pick one as their favourite, and then defend them at all costs, and then make trade proposals to away the others "In the name of the salary cap". WTF?

Heck there are those who think that Kadri was at any point our best, or most important player. Now there is some real delusion, folks! :sarcasm:

What's delusional is you dumping on people for what you think they think. If someone posts something you disagree with then feel free to quote it and have at it but this thought police nonsense is just ridiculous. I get it, you don't like Kadri but he was our best and most important forward for a while there. It wouldn't surprise me if some people said so at the time, could that be what you read and got upset about? That was years ago though so perhaps it's time you got over it.

I appreciate and cheer for everyone on this team. They’re on our team, so why wouldn’t you?

Some people just develop irrational grudges, not sure why. I'm with you though, I like all our players. And I liked Kessel and Phaneuf when they were Leafs as well. Maybe some day there will be a guy on our team that I don't like, it hasn't happened yet though. :)

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Good win for the Leafs, but I still think Tampa, Boston, and Washington are better suited to good deeper into the playoffs.

Leafs goaltending and overall team toughness are still major issues.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016

I have to agree with you on this one. This is one of those people that just want to scream I told you so this would happen. That's a win for them not the hockey team heavy skilled that's one day going to get old and feel like you blinked and missed your favorite teams best hockey in ten years. Is that not what a fan is. Don't blink you will miss alot of special moments but hey you said the same thing every day for 3 years. Doesn't mean you get to say I told you so.

Reactions: Sniper99

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
nylander started 3 points in 19, now has 13 points in last 16...hes back to game shape and is showing those superstar potential skills

its time to put him at center or if hes going back to wing, put him back with matthews and really look scary to your opponents

While Kadri is out I'd still honestly rather go with Matthew-Naylander and have Marleau fill in the 3rd line center role.

I want either Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander or Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Meh, it's just human nature. I'd guess that it's the same for other teams as well.
It's human nature to be negative? I hope not.

That's interesting, I had no idea.

What's delusional is you dumping on people for what you think they think. If someone posts something you disagree with then feel free to quote it and have at it but this thought police nonsense is just ridiculous. I get it, you don't like Kadri but he was our best and most important forward for a while there. It wouldn't surprise me if some people said so at the time, could that be what you read and got upset about? That was years ago though so perhaps it's time you got over it.

Some people just develop irrational grudges, not sure why. I'm with you though, I like all our players. And I liked Kessel and Phaneuf when they were Leafs as well. Maybe some day there will be a guy on our team that I don't like, it hasn't happened yet though. :)

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Well, if you saw the emoticon, it was more tongue in cheek, but hey....feel free to quote it and get annoyed it. Having said that, I will agree that Kadri was our best and most important forward the season the Leafs finished dead last in the NHL.

I always said I liked him, and I mean that. It just that the irrational Kadri love is way over the top. I point out things I have noticed about pretty much every player, but the only 2 that get me pounced on are Kadri and Marner. I like Kadri, and Marner is my favourite player!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad