Confirmed with Link: Leafs Sign Pontus Aberg, Tyler Gaudet, Kalle Kossila (Announce Agostino, Shore, Wilson, Gravel)

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Although Spezza is at the end of his career, with only four forwards able to break the 10 goal mark on Dallas,
perhaps some of the negative judgement is premature? The only way he could possibly produce in
Dallas would of been able to literately carry, which he shouldn't be require in Toronto.

Marleau was offensively garbage at 37 points? Connor Brown at 29 points was invisible....
This is not a list of Dallas's 3rd and 4th lines... these were their 4th to 9th highest scoring forwards.

C Radek Faksa 15g 15a 30 points (Note: his 3 power-play points makes top 10 for Dallas)
C Jason Spezza 8g 19a 27 points
C Mattias Janmark 6g 19a 25 points
LW Roope Hintz 9g 13a 22 points (With 6 power play points, is 5th highest forward for Dallas)
C Jason Dickson 6g 16a 22 points
LW Blake Comeau 7g 11a 18 points.

Think there's a chance Spezza can replace Marleau's production at a fraction of the cost.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Oh, I must have forgot that! Thanks. Regardless, we should have no issue hitting that requirement.

7 forwards to protect:
Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander

3 of:
Johnsson, Kapanen, Kerfoot, Hyman, Moore

The other two will be expansion draft eligible.

We're gonna lose a good player this time around, or pay dearly to have Seattle not take a good player.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Oh, I must have forgot that! Thanks. Regardless, we should have no issue hitting that requirement.

7 forwards to protect:
Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander

3 of:
Johnsson, Kapanen, Kerfoot, Hyman, Moore

The other two will be expansion draft eligible.

You leave Hyman and Moore unprotected quite easily.

Hyman would be a pending UFA I believe, so we can have an arrangement with him that even if they pick him, we’ll sign him back.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
You leave Hyman and Moore unprotected quite easily.

Hyman would be a pending UFA I believe, so we can have an arrangement with him that even if they pick him, we’ll sign him back.

Are they doing the expansion draft after next season? If so don't we have to protect Hyman because of his NTC? or is that only NMC?

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Are they doing the expansion draft after next season? If so don't we have to protect Hyman because of his NTC? or is that only NMC?

June 2021. For the 2021-22 season.

Leafs players currently signed for 2021-22 season:

Matthews
Tavares
Marner (assumedly)
Nylander
Kerfoot
Johnsson
Kapanen
Rielly

Pending RFAs:
Moore
Petan

Pending UFAs:
Andersen
Hyman
Agostino

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Leafs team this year

Hyman Tavares Marner
Johnsson Matthews Nylander
Moore Kerfoot Kapanen
Agostino Shore Aberg

Rielly Ceci
Muzzin Barrie
Dermott Liljegren

Andersen
Neuvirth

Won't happen of course but a man can dream

Expansion protection, 7-3-1

Tavares
Matthews
Nylander
Marner
Johnsson
Kapanen
Kerfoot

Rielly
Dermott
? nobody to protect

? Andersen, but at his age I'm meh on resigning him as a UFA

Moore or Hyman are probably the guys you'd look at even though they would need new deals

Reactions: GermanLeaf

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Not that he'd neccessarily get the chance but I wonder if we could pull a Namestikov type of situation with Aberg. He plays well with other skilled players, could put up big numbers on one of our top 2 lines then trade him as an RFA as part of a package for a top 4 D or for a couple high picks (2nds/3rds).

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
June 2021. For the 2021-22 season.

Leafs players currently signed for 2021-22 season:

Matthews
Tavares
Marner (assumedly)
Nylander
Kerfoot
Johnsson
Kapanen
Rielly

Pending RFAs:
Moore
Petan

Pending UFAs:
Andersen
Hyman
Agostino
Forgot Dermott in there. Will either be signed or be an RFA.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Its gon be interesting to see all the new faces in Octorber. No Marner but its gon be a good season. Im really excited for the improved goaltending, the reunited Nylander-Matthews pair and im super pumped about our new assistant coaches. Last season was no fun but its gon be gud

Reactions: Nifty Willy

bentharbs

Feb 25, 2018
If Spezza gives us Marleau numbers it is a great signing. What I am hoping for, numbers aside, is to actually see Spezza play in a positive light.

Love what Marleau looked to have brought in terms of leadership, but I haven't seen such an invisible player for a while. For 700K that might actually not even be a bad thing. Just don't be a negative player.

Reactions: moon111

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Leafs team this year

Hyman Tavares Marner
Moore Kerfoot Kapanen
Agostino Shore Aberg

Rielly Ceci
Muzzin Barrie
Dermott Liljegren

Andersen
Neuvirth

Tavares
Matthews
Nylander
Marner
Johnsson
Kapanen
Kerfoot

Rielly
Dermott
? nobody to protect

Moore or Hyman are probably the guys you'd look at even though they would need new deals

Going to be real competition for the bottom 3 jobs.

Not sure how anyone can call it today. Aberg could be a steal.

So many options, maybe even at the 3rd. line center spot.

Probably will have NHL ready and capable players on the Marlies this year.

Seattle 2021 NHL Expansion Draft rules same as Golden Knights followed

In addition, all NHL teams must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the draft:
* One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.
* Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.
* One goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a team elects to make a restricted free agent goalie available to meet this requirement, that goalie must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the team's protected list.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Leafs team this year

Hyman Tavares Marner
Moore Kerfoot Kapanen
Agostino Shore Aberg

Rielly Ceci
Muzzin Barrie
Dermott Liljegren

Andersen
Neuvirth

Tavares
Matthews
Nylander
Marner
Johnsson
Kapanen
Kerfoot

Rielly
Dermott
? nobody to protect

Dude just stop with this lineups, Spezza will be the 4 line center and Mikheyev will play on the third line if not the second, he did not sign here to play for the Marlies, Aberg Agostino have no chance to play before him..and people keep forgetting about Korshkov the kid will be on the roster close to end of the season

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Dude just stop with this lineups, Spezza will be the 4 line center and Mikheyev will play on the third line if not the second, he did not sign here to play for the Marlies, Aberg Agostino have no chance to play before him..and people keep forgetting about Korshkov the kid will be on the roster close to end of the season

Korshkov is an interesting one. You’ve got to think between him, Timashov, Brooks, Bracco, Engvall and Marchment that two will make serious push to make the Leafs in the 2nd half of the season.

In addition to a couple of Moore, Agostino, Shore, Aberg, Petan taking a step forward... you’ve got to think at least one of Kapanen, Johnsson or Kerfoot won’t finish the season with us with their 3.2-3.5M cap hits...

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Look, nobody in the Leafs organization is penciling any lineups right now, to make a suggestion that there is one, is somewhat delusional. Bottom line, there are spots available, and the competition is open for many of them. Play hard, play the way the coach wants you to, compete, and you might make the opening night lineup. Then, you must keep up that play, and energy level, or there are half a dozen guys, ready, and hungry enough to replace you. Internal competition is never a bad thing, but one thing for certain, there will be surprises as to who is in the lineup at times, and surprises who isn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad