Confirmed with Link: Leafs Sign Pontus Aberg, Tyler Gaudet, Kalle Kossila (Announce Agostino, Shore, Wilson, Gravel)

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Dude just stop with this lineups, Spezza will be the 4 line center and Mikheyev will play on the third line if not the second, he did not sign here to play for the Marlies, Aberg Agostino have no chance to play before him..and people keep forgetting about Korshkov the kid will be on the roster close to end of the season

Spezza looked done, I think he shows that in camp

Mikheyev has never even played in North America, he's magic beans let alone talking about the top 9

You didn't watch the Marlies did you because if you did you'd realize it's bloody unlikely Korshkov is playing anywhere but the Marlies next season
He wasn't impressive, at all

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Mikheyev has never even played in North America, he's magic beans let alone talking about the top 9

You didn't watch the Marlies did you because if you did you'd realize it's bloody unlikely Korshkov is playing anywhere but the Marlies next season

I think Spezza has enough left in the tank to be a good 4th line winger. He's still got a great mind for the game and if he can play like Marleau did last year, which is still great quality for 700k, and be a strong mentor then it's a big win. We also have the added benefit of someone who s excellent in draws and can teach our other guys, and can split taking faceoffs with Gauthier if each of them have a stronger side.

I don't have Spezza penciled in as a center though. He's 100% a RW for me at this point, with Gauthier as the 4C and Kerfoot (begrudgingly) as the 3C.

Also I watched the Marlies. He is a lot more impressive than his stat line. He should become a great player for the Leafs in 20/21, but he's a Marlie for at least most of 19/20.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I think Spezza has enough left in the tank to be a good 4th line winger. He's still got a great mind for the game and if he can play like Marleau did last year, which is still great quality for 700k, and be a strong mentor then it's a big win. We also have the added benefit of someone who s excellent in draws and can teach our other guys, and can split taking faceoffs with Gauthier if each of them have a stronger side.

I don't have Spezza penciled in as a center though. He's 100% a RW for me at this point, with Gauthier as the 4C and Kerfoot (begrudgingly) as the 3C.

Also I watched the Marlies. He is a lot more impressive than his stat line. He should become a great player for the Leafs in 20/21, but he's a Marlie for at least most of 19/20.

Goat is toast. he's waived.

Shore is the 4C as far as I can tell. He's been very good in that role.

Spezza is probably just a winger, and may be in tough to even hold onto that spot.

Hyman's injury does open up some opportuntity to try some things, though. Kerfoot could get a shot on Matthews' or Tavares' wing, for example, with Spezza getting a look at C. Or Mikheyev could get a primetime audtion on the Tavares line.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I think getting rid of Gauthier would be a short-sighted move.

Goat has a higher P/60 over his career than Shore, has a far superior GA/60, is better at faceoffs, and is a RFA at the end of his contract, giving the team control... plus probably a minimum contract.... people want to give that away, for Shore, who is a UFA at the end of the year, or Spezza who is 38?

Personally, I think the 4C should be Goat, with Spezza on his RW as a mentor... Shore as the backup plan, or injury insurance.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I don't, I think Aberg and Agostino would be far better in that wing position on the 4th line rather than Spezza
Shore, Gauthier for 4C rather than Spezza as well

We also have plenty of guys that can win draws, Kerfoot, Tavares, Matthews, Nylander, Shore, Gauthier so I'm not for an old dude dragging down the 4th line because he can win a draw

I also watched the Marlies, Korshkov was one of the the most meh players you will see and he's going to top out as depth imo, I don't know what you people were seeing but he's very very average

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
shore , aberg and agostino are on the opening night roster. Shore 4C, agostino 3LW or 4LW , and aberg in the pressbox.
the rest of these guys are AHL fillers because we lost overage talent there.

spezza and the goat will show in pre season that they cant keep up in todays nhl and are just big bodies that are to slow and hit nothing. both waived

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
shore , aberg and agostino are on the opening night roster. Shore 4C, agostino 3LW or 4LW , and aberg in the pressbox.

spezza and the goat will show in pre season that they cant keep up in todays nhl and are just big bodies that are to slow and hit nothing. both waived

Goat 9.3 hits/60
Shore 5.8 hits/60

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

Have you watched Speeza play recently?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Goat has a higher P/60 over his career than Shore, has a far superior GA/60, is better at faceoffs, and is a RFA at the end of his contract, giving the team control... plus probably a minimum contract.... people want to give that away, for Shore, who is a UFA at the end of the year, or Spezza who is 38?

Personally, I think the 4C should be Goat, with Spezza on his RW as a mentor... Shore as the backup plan, or injury insurance.

That line would be too slow.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

last 2yrs:

Shore: 64gms, ES 12:02 (C+qoc), +3.0cfrel, +4.9xgfrel
Goat: 86gms, ES 7:54 (F qoc), -5.3cfrel, -5.0xgfrel

Shore, when he played, received quality 3rd line minutes and usage, and had a tremendous positive impact .

Goat received as sheltered minutes and usage as any player in hockey, and still managed to be an absolute disaster.

Reactions: weems

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Since the crash the other day anyone experiencing weird behaviour while browsing the forums on a phone?

Example: (ads overtaking posts)

Screenshot_20190725-201815_Chrome.jpg

Also what is with having to click on "read more" to see current posts in a thread. Maybe just on a phone not sure.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I don't, I think Aberg and Agostino would be far better in that wing position on the 4th line rather than Spezza
Shore, Gauthier for 4C rather than Spezza as well

We also have plenty of guys that can win draws, Kerfoot, Tavares, Matthews, Nylander, Shore, Gauthier so I'm not for an old dude dragging down the 4th line because he can win a draw

I also watched the Marlies, Korshkov was one of the the most meh players you will see and he's going to top out as depth imo, I don't know what you people were seeing but he's very very average
I'm with Kiwi again here. I wasn't impressed with Korshkov

Reactions: Kiwi

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Since the crash the other day anyone experiencing weird behaviour while browsing the forums on a phone?

Example: (ads overtaking posts)

View attachment 246489

Also what is with having to click on "read more" to see current posts in a thread. Maybe just on a phone not sure.

I just had to refresh to be able to reply to your post.

This site is becoming pretty trashy.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Brian Burke explains why it is smart for the Toronto Maple Leafs to flex their financial muscle with a flurry of smaller free agent signings.

pjtieSU.png

horner

May 22, 2007

Yes I agree with you on Korshkov
First time on the smaller ice surface
We know on thing the kid has a real nasty disposition
Loves to hammer players
He is going to be great along the wall
He's not afraid of going to the net
May suprise in the exhibition season more than likely on the Marlies

Exactly the player we need

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Loves to hammer players

The skating isn't that good and most of the time I watched him he was basically just there, I just don't see the tool or tools that will make the kid an everyday NHLer

Reactions: smitty10

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Loves to hammer players

He's not exactly the player we need though. He plays the way we want a player to play, without the results.

There is almost no record of offensive contribution from him. Unless people's expectation of him is a 4th line grinder, we're going to see many disappointed faces come next season.

horner

May 22, 2007

I agree with you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->