Confirmed with Link: Leafs Sign Pontus Aberg, Tyler Gaudet, Kalle Kossila (Announce Agostino, Shore, Wilson, Gravel)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kossila seems like our Chris Mueller replacement who can come up in a pinch.

Not sure why we have Gaudet an NHL deal.

Aberg is an awesome unexpected signing.

Reactions: Nylander88

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
Good numbers in the AHL. Any input on why Aberg hasn't put it together at the NHL level?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Wow.

I was hoping for Kossila on a PTO, so this is pretty good news. He's a good tweener and top end AHLer.

Aberg is also pretty interesting. I have no idea why teams don't value him a little more. Seems like a good performer with limited minutes.

This changes the whole lineup I had in mind for the Leafs. A lot and a lot of options.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Good numbers in the AHL. Any input on why Aberg hasn't put it together at the NHL level?

He showed some solid signs last season with Anaheim. Almost 30 points in 50-60 games. Good underlying numbers.

I think we could do quiet well.

Mikheyev, Johnsson, Aberg, Agostino, might be our LW’s to start, with Moore, Kapanen, Nylander and Marner/other in the right to start.

I like

isn't Gaudet on a 2 way deal?

Yes, but it’s still an NHL contract?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Kossila seems like our Chris Mueller replacement who can come up in a pinch.

Not sure why we have Gaudet an NHL deal.

Aberg is an awesome unexpected signing.

Marlies desperately needed a veteran center so I assume Gaudet fixes that.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
ohh I like that Aberg pickup.

The last 2yrs he's been an ok performer in legit 3rd line usage - borderline 2nd line qoc (B-), solid 3rd line production (1.42p/60, 1.11p1/60), and a bit below par in possession (-0.5cfrel, -1.5xgfrel).

that's the kind of guy I like having battling for the 10-14th forward slots on the roster.

Gaudet and Kossila? well at least they're both centers. but AHL centers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->