Confirmed with Link: Leafs Sign Pontus Aberg, Tyler Gaudet, Kalle Kossila (Announce Agostino, Shore, Wilson, Gravel)

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
This is some moneyball shit from Dubas. Collecting members for the Island of Misfit Toys to fill in the pieces around our superstars who were unwilling to take even slightly team-friendly deals.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Camp will be fun.
Spots open throughout the line up and tons of competition....should be a very exciting pre-season and training camp for bubble players.

Babs and co. Preach putting in the work in the off-season we will see how these guys show up and if they find a spot

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Those 3 weeks are huge, difference between bad production for age/ non- prospect and the guy that passed him despite being less good at the position and having a worse year.

It's ok to admit that not every prospect will work out.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
It's ok to admit that not every prospect will work out.

It's okay to admit that you made an irrational statement that doesn't hold water.

You said Brooks is a non prospect because of his production for age. He has the highest U23 Points per game of any of Hyman/Johnsson/Moore/Engvall. Two confirmed top 9 NHLers (one top 6), another that has cracked the roster and could win a top 9 spot, and prospect you hold in decently high regard.

He may not work out. This is the year he has to make the step to AHL Star/ NHL ready, same as Engvall.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
It's okay to admit that you made an irrational statement that doesn't hold water.

You said Brooks is a non prospect because of his production for age. He has the highest U23 Points per game of any of Hyman/Johnsson/Moore/Engvall. Two confirmed top 9 NHLers (one top 6), another that has cracked the roster and could win a top 9 spot, and prospect you hold in decently high regard.

He may not work out. This is the year he has to make the step to AHL Star/ NHL ready, same as Engvall.

Again, that's not a high water mark

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Again, that's not a high water mark

Who said anything about high water marks?
You dismissed a prospect based on age/production when he's on a better track than guys that we've graduated 3 out of the last 4 years, and had a flat out better year than a guy you said has passed him who is all of 25 days younger.

Nothing adds up here, so it boils down to "Justafan can't really justify it, but doesn't like Adam Brooks as a prospect." It's a fine statement, sometimes you have to go with your gut. But if you try and defend your gut with bad justifications they're going to get refuted.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Jason is quickly approaching Ron’s age and mobility level. So there is that...
If he fails miserably in season it is not a worry as he just retires .... but maybe he can play 1 out of 3 games and help out on 2nd PP ... highly doubt he will be in lineup every night but as the 13th forward it is good for a last season vet role

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If he fails miserably in season it is not a worry as he just retires .... but maybe he can play 1 out of 3 games and help out on 2nd PP ... highly doubt he will be in lineup every night but as the 13th forward it is good for a last season vet role
Yep, no 'Iron Man' streak to consider with Spezza.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Only good players on that list are Tyler Johnson and Marchessault.

I guess hopes for Bracco should be lowered.

Yup. I'm not that down on him, but his 5 on 5 game isn't great and he needs to make strides this year.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
you got it sire. Especially agostino would hit that thang hard. Really swerving with it. We needs all those lil homies who is thugs out there. We ain't got many. Imagine ceci's and muzzin's role on that if we ain't having other than agostino..... danm mayne. He betta hit that thang hard. I mean with that real juice. We finna kill it.

This was an absolute steal by the dubas again. Signing all these human beings like pontus aberg etc. He loved dat being in toronto.... mayne they all wants to be toronto. Even other fans want to be like us. It goes that deep. Imagine it. Some suckas is being motivated by hate. They are jelious of us and at the same tyme they wants to be us..... rich, powerful, having it all. The most fans in the world of hockey. Blue and white is the real deal baby. Y'all better recognize and even more so: Think.

Good god...what happened to our education system...I appreciate the points (the ones I could understand at least) but you know...let's try to speak some kind of garbled english yeah?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
So not all ELC's count to the 50 contract limit?
How is "junior eligible" defined?

Essentially if you're under 20 years old prior to the end of the year and have not played more than 9 NHL games, your contract slides and your ELC doesn't kick in.

For it to not count towards the 50 contract limit, you need to be loaned out from the roster to a CHL or European team.

Liljegren's ELC starts this season because he finally turned 20 back in April.

SDA will be 19 years old in September, therefore once returned to the OHL his contract will not count towards the 50 AND his ELC won't start until next season.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Essentially if you're under 20 years old prior to the end of the year and have not played more than 9 NHL games, your contract slides and your ELC doesn't kick in.

For it to not count towards the 50 contract limit, you need to be loaned out from the roster to a CHL or European team.

Liljegren's ELC starts this season because he finally turned 20 back in April.

SDA will be 19 years old in September, therefore once returned to the OHL his contract will not count towards the 50 AND his ELC won't start until next season.
Thanks mate.

For conversation purposes, if SDA were to play on the Marlies at the start of the season, he would count towards the 50 contract limit, despite him only being 19, and not playing more than 9 NHL games?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Thanks mate.

For conversation purposes, if SDA were to play on the Marlies at the start of the season, he would count towards the 50 contract limit, despite him only being 19, and not playing more than 9 NHL games?

SDA isn't allowed to play for the Marlies because he was drafted out of the CHL but hypothetically if he were eligible, he would count towards the 50 contract limit since he can be called up, whereas if he's loaned out he's not eligible to be called up.

I'm not 100% sure on this though but I'm fairly positive Liljegrens contract counted towards the 50 limit despite sliding.

Either way, SDA will not count towards the 50 limit once returned to the OHL.

Reactions: justafan22 and Eb

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
Good god...what happened to our education system...I appreciate the points (the ones I could understand at least) but you know...let's try to speak some kind of garbled english yeah?

One of the best things the education system teaches us is that learning doesn't end in the classroom. Trust me, you'll figure it out. It's not that hard.

Reactions: Frelimo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad