Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Peter Holland to a 1 year 1.3M contract

ForSpareParts*

What? Thought he was dead. Dead and gone.

How in the world does Toronto have room for him?

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
1.3 for his production is a steal. But still need to get him to hustle and play in his own end for him to really nail down a spot on the team.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

He's still a decent NHL contributor. Perhaps he's traded in the next couple weeks, maybe he's given a chance to make the team... who knows.

But the Leafs will have a 2nd buyout window period at some point in August. This means the Leafs could very well trim their roster at that point.

I'd much rather have Holland over a few of the 'veterans' we have right now like Michalek for example.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
sign and trade? Yes I know he just passed through waivers but teams would have been afraid of the award. Maybe a team said sign him for this amount and we will take him for futures.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Good contract.

Our bottom 6 is definitely getting crowded though. I guess some of the young guns like Brown/Leivo/Soshy might be starting with the Marlies.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
He's still a decent NHL contributor. Perhaps he's traded in the next couple weeks, maybe he's given a chance to make the team... who knows.

But the Leafs will have a 2nd buyout window period at some point in August. This means the Leafs could very well trim their roster at that point.

If they sign everyone before the arbitration hearings does the 2nd buyout window still open?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

So is he playing or not?

He's depth. That's all. He'll battle for a spot in camp and if he doesn't make it, he'll be waived. He would help the Marlies out and would be insurance in case there are injuries to the Leafs up front.

Or maybe now that he's signed for a decent value ($1.3 for his production is solid) maybe another team would trade for him - particularly if a team loses a centre/forward to injury in camp and needs a fill in.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
sign and trade? Yes I know he just passed through waivers but teams would have been afraid of the award. Maybe a team said sign him for this amount and we will take him for futures.

It's possible. I always thought we could trade him for that back up goaltender we need. I doubt he's worth much more than a 4th or 5th rounder, which is not what we need right now. I don't think he has much value outside of that.

Maybe we package him in a big deal...

Mad Brills*

$1,330,916 left in cap space for corrado/marincin/backup.

This means they'll have to use LTIR for horton immediately in october, unless someone over 2+ million in salary gets traded.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
It's only a 1 year deal and next year he will be a UFA I believe, so I guess it works for both player and team.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i can live with that.

I am really curious what is going on with Cowen though.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
$1,330,916 left in cap space for corrado/marincin/backup.

This means they'll have to use LTIR for horton immediately in october, unless someone over 2+ million in salary gets traded.

They can be over of the cap by 10% until October 1st or some time around there.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I still don't see a spot for him on the current roster.

It's a decent price and he got fair value on his contract though.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
We really need to win that Cowen arbitration case or the cap situation is too tight, we need to move a body.

I'd really love to jettison Holland and maybe 1 other body in a 2 for 1 type deal.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Don't see where he fits in. If you think he's a better option than a healthy Michalek, you are gravely mistaken. A healthy Michalek is a quality 2nd line left winger. A healthy Peter Holland is a healthy scratch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad