Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Enroth to a 1 year 750k deal.

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
I think it's time to sign Ramo. No more 5-8 goalies please. Ramo is 6-2 and has a solid .906 career SV%. I'm surprised it hasn't already happened tbh.

nogutsnoglory

Oct 6, 2011
I am going to start off by saying that he has not been good but i think alot of you are overreacting the same way you did about Andersen the first 5 games when some said they wanted to waive him.
I have always been a fan of Enroth but he looks off to me. His movements look awkward and stiff and his rebound control has not been good. Usually he is very loose and a fun goalie to watch. I would encourage some of you to watch some of his past highlights to see what i mean. Imo he should get an extra start here or there to work through it just like Freddy did. He is getting too few of starts to get into a rhythm. I know its tough to want to put in a goalie that is deflating but if the ultimate goal is winning games you need 2 goalies to be good to give you a chance in case of injury whether its in season or playoffs. Might as well try to figure it out now.
the big difference is the contract. Can't trade the guy you just signed for big $.

He looked awful last night anf has every game hes played, but it was more to start the game where he got beat cleanly 3 shots in a row. He got saved by the post on the 3rd.

Leafs not in a good position because nobody will claim enroth so he has to play for thr marlies or you find him a job he would take in Europe. I'd rather have Sparks up. Bibeau needs to carry the marlies and develop.

Give him 1 more shot otherwise cut him loose

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I am going to start off by saying that he has not been good but i think alot of you are overreacting the same way you did about Andersen the first 5 games when some said they wanted to waive him.
I have always been a fan of Enroth but he looks off to me. His movements look awkward and stiff and his rebound control has not been good. Usually he is very loose and a fun goalie to watch. I would encourage some of you to watch some of his past highlights to see what i mean. Imo he should get an extra start here or there to work through it just like Freddy did. He is getting too few of starts to get into a rhythm. I know its tough to want to put in a goalie that is deflating but if the ultimate goal is winning games you need 2 goalies to be good to give you a chance in case of injury whether its in season or playoffs. Might as well try to figure it out now.

Andy is in a groove now and they shouldn't mess with it.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I agree but the more you play a goalie the more likely it is he could burn out from fatigue by the end of the season or be more susceptible to a groin / hamstring injury.

Well they have to manage it, but for now they shouldn't skip his starts just to get Enroth some confidence. Plus there will be some time off coming up at Xmas and then another early January.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I agree but the more you play a goalie the more likely it is he could burn out from fatigue by the end of the season or be more susceptible to a groin / hamstring injury.

This. We're not going to win the cup this year, no point in risking burning out the guy who we will badly need to be awesome in a couple of years when we hopefully will have a shot.

Well they have to manage it, but for now they shouldn't skip his starts just to get Enroth some confidence. Plus there will be some time off coming up at Xmas and then another early January.

Except maybe they should. Especially with all the back to back games on our schedule, there's a huge potential upside here if Enroth did get his confidence back and started playing like he once did. Huge!

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Enroth = Automatic Loss

Hopefully Karri Ramo is ready soon and we move on past Enroth.

unless they buy him out we are stuck with him, or the best case is Sparks/Bibeau up enroth down. Without buying out enroth we cant waste another contract slot on a goalie so no Ramo

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
unless they buy him out we are stuck with him, or the best case is Sparks/Bibeau up enroth down. Without buying out enroth we cant waste another contract slot on a goalie so no Ramo

Probably the most overblown problem in the history of this message board. Contract slots will never prevent any team from signing a player. Trades are always made like the Grabner one last year if space is needed.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Probably the most overblown problem in the history of this message board. Contract slots will never prevent any team from signing a player. Trades are always made like the Grabner one last year if space is needed.

we are at 49 that would make 50, and what 5 prospects would you like to throw away now? we don't have 5 busts lying around. So sign ramo then find out we can get say D.Hamilton if we take a bad contract and they don't want anything but 1 good player and good picks?

also that makes 6 goalies in that 50 contract limit

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Isn't Sparks suspended?

Enroth waived to the Marlies would be OK, with Ramo who is practicing with the team signed to backup Andersen would also be OK.

Apparently Leafs are trying to deal Holland, but don't want a contract in return because they're currently at 48 of 50 max. I predict this is due to Lou wanting to give Ramo the contract spot vacated by Holland leaving the organization status quo in terms of overall contracts.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

Sure. Hopefully we will avoid going through that trouble only to replace our decent but struggling backup with a decent but out-of-form backup.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Isn't Sparks suspended?

Enroth waived to the Marlies would be OK, with Ramo who is practicing with the team signed to backup Andersen would also be OK.

Apparently Leafs are trying to deal Holland, but don't want a contract in return because they're currently at 48 of 50 max. I predict this is due to Lou wanting to give Ramo the contract spot vacated by Holland leaving the organization.

I thought it was 49 contracts wither way we are close. I don't want 5 out 6 goalies to be below average goalies, hanging around taking up spots in our org. Sparks wont be suspended for ever, although maybe management move him after his transgression

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I thought it was 49 contracts wither way we are close. I don't want 5 out 6 goalies to be below average goalies, hanging around taking up spots in our org. Sparks wont be suspended for ever, although maybe management move him after his transgression

I don't want any below average goalies hanging around taking up spots on my NHL team. ;)

You never know :crossfing, maybe some other NHL team would claim Enroth on waivers and see the value of a sub par tiny goalie.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
i have more faith in enroth than ramo going forward, based on his far superior even strength numbers over his career.

enroth has sucked so far, no doubt, but then again he's been no worse than Andersen was in his first 5gms.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
i have more faith in enroth than ramo going forward, based on his far superior even strength numbers over his career.

enroth has sucked so far, no doubt, but then again he's been no worse than Andersen was in his first 5gms.

ahhh get that Andersen jab in. Enroth has been atrocious but you going to give him benefit of the doubt yet Andersen after twice as many good games as bad still cant cut it according to you

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I don't want any below average goalies hanging around taking up spots on my NHL team. ;)

You never know :crossfing, maybe some other NHL team would claim Enroth on waivers and see the value of a sub par tiny goalie.

well then we should clear the decks of goalies. Sparks and Bibau I don't see much there both look like Rimer lites which is bad because Reimer regular isn't good, Enroth well has been terrible and Kaskasuo I have no idea on to be honest he may be a legit prospect. Woll is definitely a legit prospect but he isn't part of the org yet.

I am all for signing Ramo but one of these goalies has to go 1st.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
This. We're not going to win the cup this year, no point in risking burning out the guy who we will badly need to be awesome in a couple of years when we hopefully will have a shot.

no not this.

Like there are goalies who can pay a bucketful of games in a row including back to backs. It's not a burnout. Especially because of our schedule, Andy could have played yesterday - have 2 days off, played Saturday - then you could play Enroth on Wednesday, giving Andy a week off, playing him either vs. Boston or Colorado next weekend.

I'd like to know, myself, truly, if he can handle a high workout of 70+ games. other goalies whose teams went no where did it (Schenider did it). Andy won't break if he played more games.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
ahhh get that Andersen jab in. Enroth has been atrocious but you going to give him benefit of the doubt yet Andersen after twice as many good games as bad still cant cut it according to you

i gave andersen the benefit of the doubt after 5gms too. didn't pretend he didn't suck in them, though.

my standard is the same for both.

your standard seems to be different for the two goalies - for one, 5gms of sucking is meaningless, for the other, it means he has to go.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
Looking at Enroth's overall body of work this season (not just last night), I, for one, am not confident he will still be on the roster after the calendar turns to 2017.

He's just too small. End of story. I feel like he was the Leafs' last resort when they signed him. Even though he may have had respectable numbers in LA and Buf, his size alone makes him seem like a disaster waiting to happen. It's very noticeable. I haven't felt this way about a Leaf goalie since Allan Bester in the 80s.

Hopefully we see Ramo, Sparks or Bibeau wearing the ball cap at the end of the bench sooner than later, and getting into these types of games to give Freddie a break.

Anyone but Enroth. Please.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Ramo's last game was Feb 11 almost 10 months ago. If you guys are rdy to throw Enroth under bus after four games I'm terrified how you guys will treat a guy who hasn't played in year. And there is only ~10 games left for backup to play in this season. No reason to sign new guy for that spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad