Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sharks 2017-02-28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gramsci

Jul 31, 2003
Toronto
Soshnikov is a better 4th line player than leivo. A sosh-boyle-martin line would be better than with Leivo. Leivo may be a better scorer but we have enough top 6 players for the moment so for leivo to stay in he'd have to out hustle/grind brown/sosh or hyman

Too early to say conclusively on either player, but from limited viewing I'd say Leivo is better along the boards and in the corners, and a much better passer. I like Sosh, but he's shown some real limitations this season. That line was better with Leivo, albeit for only a few games.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Leafs bottom 9 is a gritty group:

Hyman Matthews Brown
Komarov Kadri Leivo
Martin Boyle Soshnikov
Gauthier

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Soshnikov is a better 4th line player than leivo. A sosh-boyle-martin line would be better than with Leivo. Leivo may be a better scorer but we have enough top 6 players for the moment so for leivo to stay in he'd have to out hustle/grind brown/sosh or hyman

Leivo is a better top 9 player than Hyman. Hyman is a better 4th liner than Sosh. problem solved.

Even when factoring in Hyman is physically glued to Matthews, I think the 4th line would be better with Leivo than with Sosh.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Leivo is a better top 9 player than Hyman. Hyman is a better 4th liner than Sosh. problem solved.

Even when factoring in Hyman is physically glued to Matthews, I think the 4th line would be better with Leivo than with Sosh.
Problem will be solved when you can make Leivo a better penalty killer than either Sosh or Hyman.

Sucks for Leivo, but he's not competing for a job with those guys. He's competing against the skilled wingers who aren't on the PK. And I don't think anyone will argue he's beating guys like JVR, Nylander, and Marner out of a job.

leafs rule 11

Jul 28, 2007
I think with martin boyle and soshnikov is a great 4th line...i cant wait for the game tomorrow freddy was pretty good with them but boyle has them as a threat to score with soshnikov and his shot

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Donskoi is still on the shelf and looks like the Sharks will lose some jam with Haley unavailable for personal reasons.

Not confident about any of the California games, but I feel like this is the one they get points from. Rested team with key additions back into the lineup (Bozak, Carrick, Marner) and a motivated Boyle.

Any word on whether Mitch and Boyle are gonna be in the lineup ?
Both are good to go.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Big game. If we can win this one, it significantly lowers the pressure against LA/Anaheim. Hope we take atleast 3 points from this road trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad