Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sharks 2017-02-28

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Start of a big California road trip for the boys.

Need to find a way to get points, thinking 3 would be considered okay, the more the better of course...

Guess we are expecting Mitchell to be back in the lineup; we need him!

Expecting Andersen to start the next 2 with Curtis taking the LA game.

Noticed the team arrived in San Jose yesterday (later afternoon).

Some late nights ahead for Leafs Nation.

GoLeafsGO

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Nothing worse than the trip out West.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Start of a big California road trip for the boys.

Need to find a way to get points, thinking 3 would be considered okay, the more the better of course...

Guess we are expecting Mitchell to be back in the lineup; we need him!

Expecting Andersen to start the next 2 with Curtis taking the LA game.

Noticed the team arrived in San Jose yesterday (later afternoon).

Some late nights ahead for Leafs Nation.

GoLeafsGO

3 points, I'll take it, where do I sign. :)

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Me too. Getting swept this week is a very real possibility.

I think you're overrating the Pacific teams. L.A. isn't what it used to be, and the Leafs have split the season series with the Kings for many seasons now (we lost to them already).

The Leafs have also had Anaheim's number since the beginning of their existence, they're 23-11-5 against them all-time, and 8-2-0 since 2010.

I do think they'll lose against San Jose, because we never ever beat San Jose...

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Finally some Leaf games at normal times for us Leaf fans out West.

This is going to be a real test for the gang going through death valley California.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I think you're overrating the Pacific teams. L.A. isn't what it used to be, and the Leafs have split the season series with the Kings for many seasons now (we lost to them already).

The Leafs have also had Anaheim's number since the beginning of their existence, they're 23-11-5 against them all-time, and 8-2-0 since 2010.

I do think they'll lose against San Jose, because we never ever beat San Jose...

Well if we lose to SJ then 3 points would be a good result. Not sure how we've done historically on these western trips but I suspect it's not often that we do better than 3 points in 3 games.

No, it's not. Our competition all got points there. If Leafs want playoffs, they better not get swept.

Getting swept is always a possibility no matter who we're playing and these are 3 quality opponents. Hoping it doesn't happen of course and every team "wants" playoffs.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
No, it's not. Our competition all got points there. If Leafs want playoffs, they better not get swept.

Games are important to those Western Teams as well.

I always had this week as the week they would begin to regress and fall out of the Playoffs, hopefully I'm very wrong.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Games are important to those Western Teams as well.

I always had this week as the week they would begin to regress and fall out of the Playoffs, hopefully I'm very wrong.

Yup. I think the dream dies this week. But what a great run. I'll be throwing things at the tv after some late night refreshments, I'm sure, but looking at the big picture, the future looks bright indeed!

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Me too. Getting swept this week is a very real possibility.

on the other side of the coin, getting 6 out of 6 possible points would put us in contention for the division. Starting with 2 points against SJ would really get the ball rolling :yo:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
on the other side of the coin, getting 6 out of 6 possible points would put us in contention for the division. Starting with 2 points against SJ would really get the ball rolling :yo:

I like the way you think! I'll settle for 3 out of 6 but they can't allow this trip to ruin their chances.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

IMO, that would gaurantee a playoff spot. :handclap:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
well we generally don't do well vs. the sharks.
we almost always do well in Anaheim, and
LA is a coin flip. i think we'll be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad