Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sharks 2017-02-28

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Ah, okay. Yeah sweeping California would certainly turn some heads. I'll eat my hat if these Leafs can accomplish that though, especially with the B2B during this trip.

Turn many heads, it's going to be very tough though.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Ah, okay. Yeah sweeping California would certainly turn some heads. I'll eat my hat if these Leafs can accomplish that though, especially with the B2B during this trip.

A sweep would turn my head, that's for sure. SJ is always tough on us and I think the LA game will be just as tough. Those guys are big, strong, experienced and it's that time of year when they just might start playing for keeps - trading for Bishop is a strong indication that they think they can win the cup. Then we should be nice and beat up by the time we play Anaheim on the B2B ... yeah, tough trip.

Like I said before - I'd take 3 points and run if I could.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Is that what we're calling it?
Leivo is playing body well so sitting him would make me wonder what's going on in Babcocks head

It seems that Babcock likes leivo. That said loyalty goes a long way for players. If Sosh were not coming back from injury I don't think he would have as long a leash. Also I think we will see Sosh and leivo rotated for the next little while.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Babcock's warts are showing big time.

His lack of eye for talent, his love for grinders, his grudge against certain players, his fetish for veterans..

It's time for us to look for new coach.

Sometimes the game passes by even the best.

Babcock doesn't have it anymore imo

I don't like some of the line up choices but that's bananas.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

His lack of eye for talent, his love for grinders, his grudge against certain players, his fetish for veterans..

Babcock doesn't have it anymore imo.

That "imo" needs to be in bold as you're on a very lonely island with that kind of opinion.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Babcock doesn't have it anymore imo.

Yeah especially his fetish for veterans, some other coach would probably have given some rookies a chance to play instead of going with guys like Laich, Greening etc.

:laugh:

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I've never thought they would make the playoffs and still don't. That thought for me would change if the sweep this trip.

So you are saying that this is only your opinion and you are not stating a fact? :laugh:

Alfie

Nov 5, 2016
Let's see, we have Marner returning which is a same type of player Leivo is except Marner is better in many aspects of the game. Marner goes on PP unit which leaves Leivo on 4th line doing nothing. Sosh who is also on the PK which Leivo can't play brings a different aspect to the 4th line that Leivo would. Also if you haven't noticed how well the 4th line has been playing since the Goat came back up. Get your heads out off your assess. Leivo is great but he was filling in for Marner and that was it.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Let's see, we have Marner returning which is a same type of player Leivo is except Marner is better in many aspects of the game. Marner goes on PP unit which leaves Leivo on 4th line doing nothing. Sosh who is also on the PK which Leivo can't play brings a different aspect to the 4th line that Leivo would. Also if you haven't noticed how well the 4th line has been playing since the Goat came back up. Get your heads out off your assess. Leivo is great but he was filling in for Marner and that was it.

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad