TSN: Leafs set to interview Treliving for GM role

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
someone mentioned Rick Dudley yesterday, the more I think about it the more I like it. Guy's got a great eye for talent, only downside is the rug, and I can live with that............
Wasn’t he part of the organization at some point years ago?

June 24, 2011

TORONTO - Rick Dudley is joining the Toronto Maple Leafs front office, the team announced by its Twitter account Friday.

Dudley had been the general manager of the Atlanta Thrashers for one year before the team was moved to Winnipeg this spring. The 62-year-old Toronto native was told three weeks ago that his services would not be needed in Manitoba by team owners True North Sports and Entertainment.

Kevin Cheveldayoff was chosen as the new GM of the Winnipeg Jets.

The Maple Leafs did not specify what Dudley's role or title will be.

Dudley had previously been a GM with the Ottawa Senators, Tampa Bay Lightning and Florida Panthers and has also coached the Panthers and Buffalo Sabres.

Reactions: ACC1224

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
A complete rebuild? What????

The entire core other than Rielly can feasibly be gone by the 2025 offseason, who are you going to retool around if they are? We’re not getting young core pieces back for them and I’d rather not force a retool with the same 40 mil given to older worse players in FA.

Kempe + Byfield kinds of returns do nothing for us unless we luck into a situation like Thompson where a prospect’s value skyrockets out of nowhere.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Bergevin and Botterill seems to be 2 that are pretty much confirmed.

Pretty key words in that tweet are “I’d expect”. He’s just listing out guys that are available.

Although its still concerning that no one seems to know who they’re interviewing outside or Treliving.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I dont know why some posters think Treliving would be a terrible choice. He is just as good as Dubas. If you are truly objective, you will see he has a slightly better 5 year record with less to work with.

Treliving isnt my first choice, borderline in my top 5 but he is a good fallback if you cant get Nill, McPhee/McCrimmon or Armstrong.

Bold are players still with the team/under contract.

Brad Treliving 2018 to 2023 Key Additions:
Huberdeau-Lindholm-Toffoli
Coleman
-Kadri
-Jarnkrok
Lucic-Ryan-Hathaway
Czarnik-LeDeuhr-Pelletier

Simon, Neal, Lewis, Ritchie, Ritchie, Leivo, Richardson, Rinaldo, Rieder, Nordstrom, Pitlick, Carpenter, Lazar, Coronato

Hanifin
-Tanev
Weegar
-Zadorov
Gilbert
-Mackey

Gudbransson, Stone, Stretcher

Markstrom
Vladar

Talbot
Wolf

Playoff Round Wins: 2 (11-16) in 3 playoff appearances

Kyle Dubas 2018 to 2023 Key Additions:
Bunting-Tavares-Kerfoot
Mikheyev-ROR-Jarnkrok
Knies
-Kampf-Lafferty
Acciari-Spezza-Holmberg

Blackwell, Thornton, Galchenyuk, Robertson, Vesey, Barabanov, Clifford, Simmonds, Ritchie, Malgin, ZAR

Giordano-Brodie
McCabe
-Barrie
Sandin-Schenn

Muzzin, Lyubushkin, Bogosian, Gustafsson, Ceci, Timmins

Samsonov

Campbell
Murray
Mrazek
Sparks
Rittch

Playoff Round Wins: 1 (16-21) in 5 playoff appearances

Calgary has the edge upfront and on defense. In goal is comparable. In the last 5 years, Treliving is leaving the Flames with more than Dubas is leaving the Leafs. Toronto is the better regular season team by on average 8 points (97 vs 89) or 5 points (109 vs 104) if you only include the three full 82 games seasons. And a big reason for the Leafs having the edge in the regular season is because Dubas inherited Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Kadri and Freddy. If you go back to when Treliving took over his top scorer was Jiri Hulder with 54 points, and his starting goalie was Kari Ramo. In terms of core players, Treliving inherited; Gaudreau, Giordano, Monahan, Brodie and Backlund.

The Flames had slightly better playoff success in that timeframe.

And i didnt even go through the prospect pool where the Flames have a great edge. Dubas had 35 draft picks. Treliving had 29.

Going from 23 to 7 seems a bit unrealistic

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
For the ones who want Pridham and hate Schenn and don't want him back you might want a new GM candidate because Pridham loves Schenn and he'd probably be the 1st person he signs.

Who hates Schenn? For once I don’t think I heard anyone say anything negative about his acquisition. He was one of the bright spots in the playoffs for me. And if Pridham likes a harder nose team, he’s for me too.
I hope Schenn comes back.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Who hates Schenn? For once I don’t think I heard anyone say anything negative about his acquisition. He was one of the bright spots in the playoffs for me. And if Pridham likes a harder nose team, he’s for me too.

Schenn also had excellent analytics for the playoffs too.

He's the player that should unify us all lol

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
A lot of people who rely on analytics didn't like Schenn and felt we wasted a pick on him just to be a 7th or 8th d man here. Still want to replace him even though he played well and Rielly played his best in a while. I just think some analytics people love Pridham thinking that's all he's about when he seems to like Schenn just as much as most people do in the Leafs fanbase who don't care too much about them .

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
A lot of people who rely on analytics didn't like Schenn and felt we wasted a pick on him just to be a 7th or 8th d man here. Still want to replace him even though he played well and Rielly played his best in a while. I just think some analytics people love Pridham thinking that's all he's about when he seems to like Schenn just as much as most people do in the Leafs fanbase who don't care too much about them .
There is a lot more to winning in the playoffs than analytics. They are good over an 82 game season where things level out but all bets are off postseason. Chemistry comes in all different forms.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
No impressed with Treliving's moves.

Maybe do better in a market like Toronto where players more willing to stay and sign (vs Calgary).

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
Posts like this make this fan base very laughable.... just stop it man...
Um, why? Cuz his dad owns Boston pizza? Just plain old nepotism

Pretty key words in that tweet are “I’d expect”. He’s just listing out guys that are available.

Although its still concerning that no one seems to know who they’re interviewing outside or Treliving.
Why not throw Jim Benning into this list? There doesn't seem to be quite enough incompetence, please add more!

Reactions: ToDavid

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
There is a lot more to winning in the playoffs than analytics. They are good over an 82 game season where things level out but all bets are off postseason. Chemistry comes in all different forms.

This is pretty much what I've been talking about when I told that poster they should avoid articles written by these people and their tweets. Just delusional people and some of the dumbest people I've ever witnessed in this fan base.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019

This is pretty much what I've been talking about when I told that poster they should avoid articles written by these people and their tweets. Just delusional people and some of the dumbest people I've ever witnessed in this fan base.

The funny thing is a lot of these Twitter accounts like this one get posted here. I click on them and see that I have them muted.

weems

Jul 3, 2008

This person had a article titled "The worst possible players the Leafs could trade for"

The very first name they brought up was Luke Schenn.

"Today Luke Schenn is one of the worst players on one of the worst teams in hockey."

"because the Leafs already have 12 players who they would, or at least should, dress ahead of Schenn (Sandin, Liljegren, Brodie, Rielly, Holl, Giordano, Timmins, Mete, Benn, Dahlstrom, Hollowell, Kokonen),"

"Luke Schenn is the worst idea of a trade deadline addition I have heard."

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

I have never seen so many people single-handedly responsible for neutralizing a 40 million dollar core. It’s really quite amazing. Maybe the problem is elsewhere.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021

Some people treat tweets like sworn affidavits when more often than not they're sole purpose is to get attention rather than be informative.

Reactions: ACC1224 and Buds17

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Some people treat tweets like sworn affidavits when more often than not they're sole purpose is to get attention rather than be informative.
Unfortunately the new twitter makes it so if I look up anything Leafs it'll show me everything from accounts like this and Jeff Veilette because they probably get more reactions, even if I don't follow them or have ever clicked on their profile.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
All the analytics people said schenn had good analytics. What a fail post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad