Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Oilers - Wednesday - 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I think they want to replicate the Muzzin - Brodie pair from last year, McCabe - Brodie is solid for shutdown purposes , I like it!

But I'd prefer Rielly - Liljergen and Giordano - Holl

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Lmfao Rielly-Holl is still a thing.

Me everytime I see that tbh....

I think they want to replicate the Muzzin - Brodie pair from last year, McCabe - Brodie is solid for shutdown purposes , I like it!

But I'd prefer Rielly - Liljergen and Giordano - Holl
I mean Gio and Lily was like chef's kiss they were pretty good together.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Oilers have given up 50 more goals than the leafs. They better fix that D.

Reactions: IPS

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I really don't like Rielly Holl together. They seem to not gel but that's just my eyes speaking

I don't mind it. On paper I see the value of it. Rielly has been better lately.

Sandin probably won't be happy to sit out.

Just like when ROR was acquired, there will probably be some experiments happening over the next few games.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Are they show casing Holl lol... for f*** sakes he can't be on the 1st pair. Keefe please stop.

The other pairs are fine but id rather Lilly on top pair and Holl with Gio. Way better.

Maybe give Sandin some games and give Gio some rest along the way too.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Are they show casing Holl lol... for f*** sakes he can't be on the 1st pair. Keefe please stop.

The other pairs are fine but id rather Lilly on top pair and Holl with Gio. Way better.

Maybe give Sandin some games and give Gio some rest along the way too.
They just list the pairs in a random order.
Rielly - Holl is obviously the 3rd pair.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Rielly and Holl together is just stupid. Not only is it a bad pairing, but it means if you want Rielly out there with your top forwards you also have to put Holl right there with them and kill any sort of offensive edge. This feels like last year when they felt that Lyubushkin on the top pairing was worth kicking Sandin/Liljegren out of the lineup and blowing the series

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I don't mind it. On paper I see the value of it. Rielly has been better lately.

Sandin probably won't be happy to sit out.

Just like when ROR was acquired, there will probably be some experiments happening over the next few games.
My issue isn't with either player, I like both. It just doesn't seem to work as well as when Rielly plays with any other defenseman.

I guess sandin will not be sitting out!!

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
So much of it is their PP and the amount of ice time their top players get.

They average only 0.35 gpg more (and in the crappy west), but it's all concentrated in a few players.

Scoring at 5on5 per 60, Leafs have Willy at 7th, Matthews at 13th and Mitch at 15th, while McDavid at 19th is their best.

ES toi, McDavid, Draisaitl, and Hyman are 2nd, 4th, and 9th, while our top three are Mitch (32nd), Willy (51st), and Matthews (70th).

In their last game McDavid had over 24 minutes ice time, and their top five forwards each had more than any of ours did against Seattle.

I think their plan is to burn our McDavid before he leaves as a free agent.
McDavid has a point on half of the Oilers' goals this season. That's a worrying stat. One injury or cold streak and that team is done.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
McDavid has a point on half of the Oilers' goals this season. That's a worrying stat. One injury or cold streak and that team is done.

True. But his injury will help their goals against. Dude is responsible for not only filling the oppositions net with pucks, he also aides the opposition fill pucks in the Oilers net.

Mopar

May 3, 2021
3 D added this week and Holl is on the top pair. Joke.

Keefe is the scariest thing about this team heading into the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad