Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Oilers - Wednesday - 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019

Just for a laugh ... Leafs have come a long way...

You forget how horrendous the team was back then. They certaimly earned the first overall pick in the draft. Was that the year they played Sparks frequently down the stretch to cement the tank job?

Reactions: Burnie97

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
You forget how horrendous the team was back then. They certaimly earned the first overall pick in the draft. Was that the year they played Sparks frequently down the stretch to cement the tank job?
I can't remember exactly. I think my mind blanks thoughs years out lol

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Is it just me or does it feel like the Leafs hardly play anymore?

Feels like we are always waiting for a game.

Add to it the eagerness to see all our new additions in place, and it feels like it's been ages since they were on the ice.

Expecting a robust game from Edmonton, who always compete hard against us. I watched the Bruins game last night, they gave Boston a lot to handle and didn't fold at any point.

Go Leafs Go!
100 agree whoever was in charge of the schedule making this year has been annoying.

Regardless I just want the playoffs now haha

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
Exciting times with all the new adds.

Leafs should dominate possession in the offensive zone. That Oilers defence is..... wooof!

Keep McDavid in check (easier said than done) and more importantly, stay out of the box. Oilers are an abysmal 5 on 5 team.
Woof! did a pretty good job against the Leagues best team last night.
Hoping the boys will be very careful tomorrow night.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
100 agree whoever was in charge of the schedule making this year has been annoying.

Regardless I just want the playoffs now haha
Right?!

I had a moment where my wondered into April and I was preparing myself for Game 1.

Had butterflies in the stomach and a sense of anticipation and nervous energy crept over. It's not even March. Ugh.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Wow Oilers top guys doing well. Nuge pacing with Marner, Zack Hyman (whaaat?) Pacing with Nylander, and of course Draisaitl and McDavid outpacing everyone. Their offense is crazing.
So much of it is their PP and the amount of ice time their top players get.

They average only 0.35 gpg more (and in the crappy west), but it's all concentrated in a few players.

Scoring at 5on5 per 60, Leafs have Willy at 7th, Matthews at 13th and Mitch at 15th, while McDavid at 19th is their best.

ES toi, McDavid, Draisaitl, and Hyman are 2nd, 4th, and 9th, while our top three are Mitch (32nd), Willy (51st), and Matthews (70th).

In their last game McDavid had over 24 minutes ice time, and their top five forwards each had more than any of ours did against Seattle.

I think their plan is to burn our McDavid before he leaves as a free agent.

Last edited:

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Makes you appreciate what we have now, god damn those were dark days towards the end of the JFJ/Burke/Nonis era. Also dark days the entire time.
Does make one appreciative. That was the pain that could lead us to a cup and if it does i'll remember that unglorious group fondly.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Oilers played the Bruins pretty evenly last night, a couple bounces went Boston's way (surprise surprise).

Will be a tough game
I was surprised too at that game. The Bruins seemed to struggle with the speed of the oil but after the initial surge the Bruins, imho, predominantly controlled the play.
I was surprised at how physical the oiler were but if they didn't have mcjesus they in all likelyhood would have been shut out.
If we play our defense as well as we have been, we should win, not easily but it should be a W

You have a mcjesus well we have a Holl :laugh:
the-avengers-avengers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad