Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Oilers - Wednesday - 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Exciting times with all the new adds.

Leafs should dominate possession in the offensive zone. That Oilers defence is..... wooof!

Keep McDavid in check (easier said than done) and more importantly, stay out of the box. Oilers are an abysmal 5 on 5 team.

Reactions: Eric bungay

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Leafs have a sober up day after they all went to the Springsteen concert last night.

Sounds like McCabe and Laf got there in time to join their new team.

Should come out on fire tomorrow
I predict the Leafs are now born to run, the glory days are ahead of us and we play with a hungry heart. Dubas is no longer dancing in the dark, he’s always had that human touch, but now he’s fire.

I’ll see myself out….

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Lately in Edmonton the Leafs have played well and Edmonton has played poorly.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Is it just me or does it feel like the Leafs hardly play anymore?

Feels like we are always waiting for a game.

Add to it the eagerness to see all our new additions in place, and it feels like it's been ages since they were on the ice.

Expecting a robust game from Edmonton, who always compete hard against us. I watched the Bruins game last night, they gave Boston a lot to handle and didn't fold at any point.

Go Leafs Go!

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I hope Edmonton starts Campbell against us.

They signed their all-star goalie and I really want to see if we made a mistake. Play the 25M goalie against us, Anthony Stewart's Vezina candidate. :biglaugh:

Come on do it Woodcroft, give him a chance to shine against his old team.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Oilers played the Bruins pretty evenly last night, a couple bounces went Boston's way (surprise surprise).

Will be a tough game
I thought they looked very bad. Only McDavid could do anything. They also played very dirty; seemingly no control of sticks or temper. Stack against McDavid as best as you can and Edmonton will cave hard.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I thought they looked very bad. Only McDavid could do anything. They also played very dirty; seemingly no control of sticks or temper. Stack against McDavid as best as you can and Edmonton will cave hard.

If McDavid plays like a regular human, the Oilers are cooked for sure but I think we can count on one hand the number of games McDavid has looked average this year.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I predict the Leafs are now born to run, the glory days are ahead of us and we play with a hungry heart. Dubas is no longer dancing in the dark, he’s always had that human touch, but now he’s fire.

I’ll see myself out….
Well done sir!

Reactions: DarkKnight

Altair

Dec 10, 2019
Leafs are going to CRUSH it again! Can't wait to see the new additions to the team in action. McDavid is going to see how a REAL playoff roster is constructed!! GLG

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Wow Oilers top guys doing well. Nuge pacing with Marner, Zack Hyman (whaaat?) Pacing with Nylander, and of course Draisaitl and McDavid outpacing everyone. Their offense is crazing.

Their powerplay is stupid, both in potency and sheer opportunities.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Can’t go on the PK too much, they’ll destroy us there

Should be a good game, hopefully the big 4 keep on rolling and they new guys can fit right in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad