Sportsnet: Leafs made offer on Travis Hamonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Considering what was given up for Hammer, not sure the Leafs will pony up that much more than that, especially if the 1st round pick is among the talks.

I don't see Hamonic going to the Leafs for that reason.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Hamonic + + for Marner or Nylander

giphy.gif

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If this is true does anyone else think Garth Snow is living in the past wanting a 1st round pick and maybe a second 1st round pick for Hamonic based on what he got from the Oilers for Griffin Reinhart in 2015. At that time he got a 1st round pick in 2015 (#16) and the #33 pick that same year.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
If this is true does anyone else think Garth Snow is living in the past wanting a 1st round pick and maybe a second 1st round pick for Hamonic based on what he got from the Oilers for Griffin Reinhart in 2015. At that time he got a 1st round pick in 2015 (#16) and the #33 pick that same year.

Hamonic is a much more established player. Defensemen like that usually take at least a 1st + another good asset

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site

One first round pick and a prospect is reasonable. 50% of picks 15-30 go on to play 200 NHL games. I would rather have a competent #3 than a prospect with a 50% chance of making the NHL within 2-5 years, especially if I'm a team trying to make an impact in the playoffs

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I bet the trade will happen before the Leafs draft. Toronto wants to make sure someone didn't drop hard (liljegren)

blue_n_copper

Nov 30, 2006

That was not a good trade obviously, but what some people tend to forget is that Chia traded away nearly all Edmonton's picks that draft because he had just started as the Oilers GM and did not trust the previous regime's scouting at all. I think he might have actually fired the Oilers head scout just before the draft. That is probably the biggest reason he was willing to gamble with such high picks and it is not a situation that is going to happen very often.

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
doesn't work. Marner/Nylander look to be elite players.

any real offer involving 1 of the kids is gonna cost soo much.
Considering age/cost etc I wouldn't do 1 of the kids for J.T straight up

Thats new... Tavares could no longer fetch Marner or Nylander...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad