Sportsnet: Leafs made offer on Travis Hamonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
And harmonic was -21, in only 49 games. Few Isles even had a negative. Harmonic was far and away the worst in that stat on the Island..

That is very concerning.

Though the Islanders really sucked at the start of the season and picked it up near the end. Did Harmonic play his 49 games near the start of the season when they were sucking big time?

To compare apples to apples, we should compare his +/- to his teammates just during those 49 games.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
That is very concerning.

Though the Islanders really sucked at the start of the season and picked it up near the end. Did Harmonic play his 49 games near the start of the season when they were sucking big time?

To compare apples to apples, we should compare his +/- to his teammates just during those 49 games.

Yes most the games he missed were in the second half. All that being said he didn't look that good in the first game. It's either a case he played injured, he is regressing or whatever made him want to be traded last year was really getting to him(family issues)

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
The way I see it -- these 2 teams SHOULD have the pieces to make it work.

The isles are looking to win now, without mortgaging the future. They need scoring, and the Leafs have a glut of young forwards that can probably step into the lineup right away and contribute -- guys like Kapanen, Leivo, Rachel, Brown.

The challenge of course is -- now that the Eberle deal is done, how badly do the Isles need a centre?

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
No chance we are trading Kadri for Hamonic. We wouldn't even do it if you had your 1st and added it to Hamonic. I think it's been explained how important Kadri is in sheltering Matthews/Bozak-potentially Nylander in the future.

I think it's been pretty clear that the Islanders are trying to get better... with actual players on the ice. Not picks, not prospects, not hopes and dreams. Actual players.

Bozak is a 30yo soon to be UFA.
JVR plays a position they don't need and is also going to be a UFA next summer.

The Islanders are clearly going after Duchene and every rumour says that they're dangling Hamonic to make it happen.

So the realistic options are Kadri or maybe Bozak with a significant plus.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
The way I see it -- these 2 teams SHOULD have the pieces to make it work.

The isles are looking to win now, without mortgaging the future. They need scoring, and the Leafs have a glut of young forwards that can probably step into the lineup right away and contribute -- guys like Kapanen, Leivo, Rachel, Brown.

The challenge of course is -- now that the Eberle deal is done, how badly do the Isles need a centre?

Pretty badly still. Eberle might play with JT, pushing Bailey to second or third line. At the moment, our 2C is probably Nelson? Barzal isn't there yet. We're never going to get a Crosby/Malkin combo but i think the aim is to get two really good centers to make things tough on defenders. That's why Snow is going for Duchene.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
They're the same age.
This year, you laugh.
Last year, you'd think about it.
2 years ago, the Isles laugh at you.

Next year? ... Who knows.

Surely a player's most recent performance is more important than his achievements of years ago?

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Don't want Hamonic if only for the fact that so many people call him Harmonic it's astounding and I always get annoyed by "Reilly" and "Anderson", 2 is enough :laugh:

I'm 99% with names. I can Heiskanen without looking but Harmonic? I'll get that wrong all the time

I'd still take him on my team. Seems like a stand-up kid, has the skills and fits a need.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
I'd prefer moving JvR + 1st than Kadri but if that's what it took I wouldn't be too upset.

Does he still want to be close to Manitoba? and what was the story there?

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I'd prefer moving JvR + 1st than Kadri but if that's what it took I wouldn't be too upset.

Does he still want to be close to Manitoba? and what was the story there?

Rumors about illness in the family, chatter about his wife being from there and wanting to stay. Honestly just seems like a small town kid who would prefer to be closer to home.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Nothing to see here. Isles will be using Hamonic only to get a top 6 forward at this point. Or maybe not at all. Nobody wants to give up players this off season.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Any other Leafs fans super happy a trade didn't go through involving our 1st?!

Had Liljegren top 10 on my list (posted beforehand) so yea, easy no at this point. Worked out well for us at the end.

Brayden Schenn got 2 1sts and a roster player. I guess 2 1sts might not be so unimaginable for a #2D like Hamonic.

1 super late 1st and a conditional list that is probably late....+ a cap dump. Meh...Hamonic is worth that, if they are 2 late 1st, easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad