Sportsnet: Leafs made offer on Travis Hamonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 157595

He's a great fit so it makes sense to bid on him.

However, I don't know if we can afford to compete with the Hamonic + 1st + prospect for Duchene rumor that's floating around.

member 157595

Gonna trade 2 first round picks again Toronto lmao

After the Kessel debacle and the Matthews lottery, I doubt Toronto trades unprotected 1st round picks ever again unless it's a slam-dunk.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
After the Kessel debacle and the Matthews lottery, I doubt Toronto trades unprotected 1st round picks ever again unless it's a slam-dunk.

The difference this time is Toronto (most likely) won't end up trading away 2nd overall and 9th overall. I still wouldn't do that for Hamonic, but it wouldn't be a disaster.

Late 1sts aren't guarantees.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Thing is, I don't get why this is news. Any team wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't have interest?

Or would it even be news if say Carolina made a pitch?

member 157595

The difference this time is Toronto (most likely) won't end up trading away 2nd overall and 9th overall. I still wouldn't do that for Hamonic, but it wouldn't be a disaster.

Of course, but you get my point.

I think that we're bidding picks + prospects and NYI's asking for Kadri right now.

supeg93*

Aug 16, 2014
Please get him Leafs. He is so overrated and leafs wil still have no legit 1st pairing dman on that team.

HOCKEYGOON

Feb 27, 2002
The Penalty Box
Visit site
43531416.jpg

Would fit perfectly

Lou usually doesn't mess around when it comes to players he wants..... would Kap + 17th OV get it done?

member 157595

Thing is, I don't get why this is news. Any team wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't have interest?

Or would it even be news if say Carolina made a pitch?

Meaning no offense to Carolina, we aren't Carolina. We have by far the most English-speaking hockey fans of any hockey team in North America. That doesn't make us better as fans but there are more of us to sell news to.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Kovalchuk deal?

Huh? Leafs have been hiding Lupul and Robidas and gets away with it while Lupul cleared medical for expansion draft. Get real we aren't talking about some 3rd tier garbage here. We are talking about Real Madrid and Manchester United of hockey here, if Kovalchuk signed that deal with Leafs we get away with it.

HOCKEYGOON

Feb 27, 2002
The Penalty Box
Visit site

How would you feel if we just missed the playoffs next year and our 1st rounder became one of the top 3 picks?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
43531416.jpg

Would fit perfectly

Lou usually doesn't mess around when it comes to players he wants..... would Kap + 17th OV get it done?

Yikes, no thanks. Add to Kap and our first and you have the base to go after an elite defender. I'd rather sell the farm for a Trouba or someone else.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Hamonic is going to be a steal for someone. He wants to go out west as we all know. Hammer won't give that much offensively maybe 20-25 points but defensively he's a horse. To bad as I would much rather move dehaan then Hamonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad