Sportsnet: Leafs made offer on Travis Hamonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaylock38

Bleeds Blue & White
Jul 7, 2010
Hamilton
Curious if the Yotes stole Hammer with their package of players and Tor fans would like us to pay something comparable, what would that offer be?

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
My guess is we offered either Kapanen and a 1st or Dermott and a 1st. I doubt we bite on trading both of our 2017 1st and 2018 1st (just to much risk of a regression to trade a pick blind).

I would not consider either of those. Hamonic is not a #2 or a #1. Dermott and Kap are both worth mid-late 1sts, then 17th as well?

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Getting to and through YYC is probably easier than YYZ, depending on where you live in the metropolitan area of the two cities, but in actual flying time, the difference between Calgary-Winnipeg and Toronto-Winnipeg is not great. And, as noted, there are probably more frequent flights. Aside from Winnipeg itself, Minny is probably the closest NHL city as the crow flies but going through customs, even with a Nexus Pass, probably negates that advantage. And Minny is not looking for another Dman!

By the way, in my experience, Winnipeg is the fussiest airport in Canada about applying all the rules on carry on materials to the letter.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Getting to and through YYC is probably easier than YYZ, depending on where you live in the metropolitan area of the two cities, but in actual flying time, the difference between Calgary-Winnipeg and Toronto-Winnipeg is not great.

Why go to Pearson when the Island Airport is right there and Porter has tons of flights?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So which is it? A total horse defensively? Or just meh?

These 2 posts do not line up.
Do I trust the isles fan who presumably watches him more?

Or the leafs fan who supposedly has the numbers to back it up...

I genuinely don't know what to think.

Line up his shot suppression numbers to Tanev's. Tanev's are superior.

Hamonic is somewhat young, gritty and a right handed shot. I see the appeal but you dig deeper and the numbers tell a different story.

member 157595

Hamonic is somewhat young, gritty and a right handed shot. I see the appeal but you dig deeper and the numbers tell a different story.

Tanev's easily a superior player and is less than 1 year older if I remember correctly. However, Vancouver's probably going to hold out for a king's ransom for him because they cannot afford to **** up a Tanev trade.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

Yup. Tanev >> Hamonic.

But 2015-16, Hamonic was good. He had a bad season last year.

REGGIE DUNLOP77

Jun 16, 2014
Southern GeorgianBay
It's a lot but fits the criteria for the Isles ask of two 1st rounders.

Maybe it's too much... I trust Lou to get the right deal.
I trust Lou as well,I am not up to speed on this Homonic but if Lou and Shanny feels its the way to go i will trust there judgement

Doesn't Travis Hamonic have some of the worst advanced stats in the NHL?

Specifically, shot suppression? I am not sure if that's what Toronto needs...unless I am mistaken.
Just what i said above ,i am not sure on his game

Yikes, no thanks. Add to Kap and our first and you have the base to go after an elite defender. I'd rather sell the farm for a Trouba or someone else.
Ya Trouba,he has a great game and is what the leafs need more of

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
By the way, in my experience, Winnipeg is the fussiest airport in Canada about applying all the rules on carry on materials to the letter.

You can't take the Cup as carry on luggage in Winnipeg.

Trouba upped his game last year and he is now better than Hamonic. Trouba might be worth a first and a first.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Really hope we stay away from this player. Well, depending on the cost.

Me too. If the cost make sense sure but i dont expect it to make sense. I would rather roll with what we have a try free agency on short term deals again than pay these prices.

member 157595

I trust Lou as well,I am not up to speed on this Homonic but if Lou and Shanny feels its the way to go i will trust there judgement

Just what i said above ,i am not sure on his game

Ya Trouba,he has a great game and is what the leafs need more of

Trouba was possibly available prior to last year. Highly, highly doubt he's available now and if he were he'd cost a fortune.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Islanders want 2 1sts for Hamonic?

That was too much for Kessel let alone a player that has never score more than 5 goals or 33 points in a season.

Garth Snow is delusional.

The best offer is Kerby Rychel and pick (not a 1st).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad