Sportsnet: Leafs made offer on Travis Hamonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Doesn't Travis Hamonic have some of the worst advanced stats in the NHL?

Specifically, shot suppression? I am not sure if that's what Toronto needs...unless I am mistaken.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
Gardiner, Kapanen and a 2nd do it?

No way, that's a lateral move at best. Hamonic isn't that much better than Gardiner, who's been great for us if you can ignore the ignorant fans. Not worth trading our best prospect and a 2nd (in a deep draft if 2018 too) for a slight upgrade that leaves us with basically an equal sized hole in defense.

HOCKEYGOON

Feb 27, 2002
The Penalty Box
Visit site
Gardiner, Kapanen and a 2nd do it?

DF2DFhS.gif

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
My guess is we offered either Kapanen and a 1st or Dermott and a 1st. I doubt we bite on trading both of our 2017 1st and 2018 1st (just to much risk of a regression to trade a pick blind).

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Didn't he specifically request to go West?

The only trade request I ever remember from Hamonic was to be closer to home (Manitoba) because of family issues. Unless that has changed Toronto would be closer than US western teams (and the lack of border crossing reducing the extra time required when flying from the US).

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Specifically, shot suppression? I am not sure if that's what Toronto needs...unless I am mistaken.

He does. So depending on whom you ask, you'll get different opinions. I think his defense will improve but the numbers are concerning and asking for two firsts isn't exactly a buy low.

member 157595

That's why I'm not interested in overpaying for him.

member 157595

My guess is we offered either Kapanen and a 1st or Dermott and a 1st. I doubt we bite on trading both of our 2017 1st and 2018 1st (just to much risk of a regression to trade a pick blind).

I have no problem giving up the #17 but am not interested in trading an unprotected 1st in the Dahlin/Svechnikov draft.

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
Hamonic to Blues for 2 1sts.

then move Hamonic + for a top line scorer.

Before Shatty left, the Blues had an extra RHD to move and many teams offering exactly what we needed if his ******** would just agree to re-sign.

Hamonic would give the Blues back that RHD asset to move for a forward.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Toronto makes sense. It's a quick plane ride to Winnipeg, multiple times a day.

They are not even close really. Its like saying New York is just a quick plane ride from Miami.

Calgary is closer to Winnipeg of the teams in on Travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad