Sportsnet: Leafs made offer on Travis Hamonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Price has to be right, the shot suppression numbers are pretty bad.

He's not the healthiest either. If you wanted injury prone, grab Tanev and enjoy the shot suppression at least.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Do it Toronto!

Make the suiters for Duchene plummet!!!

Lol, it's been heavily rumoured that the avs aren't interested in hamonic.

Isles getting rid of him probably doesn't change much. All it means is the isles-avs deal was never gonna happen in the first place.

member 157595

You watch. He'll end up costing #17 and Bracco.

We have a desperate need, everyone knows it, and RH defensemen under the age of 30 with term are a rare commodity. If Hamonic cost that little the trade would have been done by now IMO.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
If this is true, then I have no interest in Hamonic.

We need someone >> than Gardiner

The Leafs defense is built by committee. We just need to add one competent RHD that is defense-first to allow either rielly or gardiner to wheel. Pittsburgh model.

hockeygoon15

Nov 30, 2006
They are not even close really. Its like saying New York is just a quick plane ride from Miami.

Calgary is closer to Winnipeg of the teams in on Travis.

It's closer in the sense that there are (I'm assuming) direct flights from Toronto to Winnipeg. Cuts travel time down a lot.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
There are probably 10 teams that made an offer. Nothing to report.

At least...The Isles have made it pretty clear they are taking offers on Harmonic. Many teams need a d-man like him. Why wouldn't the majority of the teams in the league kick the tires on Harmonic?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
At least...The Isles have made it pretty clear they are taking offers on Harmonic. Many teams need a d-man like him. Why wouldn't the majority of the teams in the league kick the tires on Harmonic?

About half I'd guess. How many are serious is another question.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
We have a desperate need, everyone knows it, and RH defensemen under the age of 30 with term are a rare commodity. If Hamonic cost that little the trade would have been done by now IMO.

Well, Hammer is a lot better player and look what he went for a few hours ago.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
They are not even close really. Its like saying New York is just a quick plane ride from Miami.

Calgary is closer to Winnipeg of the teams in on Travis.

Have you tried flying from both locations to Winnipeg? Many more flights from Toronto to Winnipeg, and those flights are faster but the distance is farther (mostly jets vs mostly dash).

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
If this happens, the people who don't like/think Harmonic is good will hate him more, and the people who do like him, will go against him.

I can't wait.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
It's closer in the sense that there are (I'm assuming) direct flights from Toronto to Winnipeg. Cuts travel time down a lot.

I hear ya. With both him and the team wanting him out "west" for what seems like forever, Snow really dropped the ball on not unloading him earlier. Coming off a down year and Snow still wants two firsts?

That Colorado deal looked great and how about the Wild? I'm sure Snow could pry away a Dumba in the deal, still get a first, have him going west, and being of the the closest markets to Winnipeg.

I dunno. Seems like this has been poorly handled for a while, especially looking at some of the other moves made.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Is he actually from Winnipeg? Or at least family lives there.

It is about a 110 min flight from Calgary to Winnipeg and a 150 min flight from toronto. I guess it's easier not having to do connections border crossing a etc. Through the us.

I'm not sure what he would cost but man if it's much more than what the yotes gave up i would be mad......

Would isles trade to a rival though

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Hamonic is going to be a steal for someone. He wants to go out west as we all know. Hammer won't give that much offensively maybe 20-25 points but defensively he's a horse. To bad as I would much rather move dehaan then Hamonic.

Price has to be right, the shot suppression numbers are pretty bad.

He's not the healthiest either. If you wanted injury prone, grab Tanev and enjoy the shot suppression at least.

So which is it? A total horse defensively? Or just meh?

These 2 posts do not line up.
Do I trust the isles fan who presumably watches him more?

Or the leafs fan who supposedly has the numbers to back it up...

I genuinely don't know what to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad