OT: Leafs Lounge v.139 - Tess Foster, Glad I lost her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
lol NCAA is a BS organization. Greatest form of slavery left in America.

You're just jealous that college sports produce a better product than professional sports.

Same, don't want Michigan State to win in the slightest.

Other than that disgusting defeat against Utah, it was a bowl year. But this is Stanford's time to shine. The Rose Bowl is ours.

Edit: Packers hold on to the win.

I think they can surprise the NFC in the playoffs this year. They are my wild card team.

I'm hoping the Eagles can make some noise.

Hot team going into the playoffs. Big match up first round though.

They are playing at home against a dome team. They are a 'hot team', as you said. It should be a good win for them.

Went 13/16 in my picks this week.

Missed SD over KC, CIN over BAL and TEN over HOU

That was some robbery.

Last edited:

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
I see you're a new "fan"

chris-weidman-anderson-silva-knockout-gif.gif
Excuse me? I'm a new fan because I brought up the second fight that everyone was talking about? Right. Thats generally what happens when people can't find something to argue about, just attack someone. I don't need to justify myself to you or tell you how long I've talked watched or haven't watched MMA. Grow up, I've talked about MMA in the past a few times. Generally where I talk about MMA, is on MMA forums not a hockey forum especially a lounge area of a sub section on a Maple leafs section. :laugh:

Weidman is a solid fighter but hardly championship material. Yes, he beat Anderson and knocked him out with a nice KO but he's in above his head as much as Edgar was.

Apr 1, 2010
You're just jealous that college sports produce a better product than professional sports.

Ya, it's got nothing to do with the exploitation of thousands young people who have no other option but allow themselves to be used like slaves in the hope of getting a one in a thousand shot at making it to being a professional superstar.

The universities can make millions off the sports programs, but heaven forbid some kid trades an autographed picture for a ****ing hamburger. It's disgusting.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
I think they can surprise the NFC in the playoffs this year. They are my wild card team.

Last 4 superbowl champs played in Philly's home opener. Chargers were that team this year. Not saying it's going to happen..... :nod:

But lots of good teams, can't count out any of the teams with a superstar QB, and then the other teams have great defenses or well rounded teams or both.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
lol NCAA is a BS organization. Greatest form of slavery left in America.

It's a tossup between them and the IOC for the most corrupt sports organization in the world.

Some of the ******** there is pretty crazy. Who cares if someone else pays for an athlete's dinner?

That being said, please watch the South Park episode making fun of the NCAA (Crack Baby Athletic Association). Their parody is spot on.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
It's a tossup between them and the IOC for the most corrupt sports organization in the world.

Some of the ******** there is pretty crazy. Who cares if someone else pays for an athlete's dinner?

That being said, please watch the South Park episode making fun of the NCAA (Crack Baby Athletic Association). Their parody is spot on.
FIFA has to be up there as well.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Morning lounge .. Forgot my phone at my girlfriend's place this morning when I left for work

No music and it's going to be a quiet, slow day :(

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Jesus the last minute of the canada usa game brought me back to how I felt during game 5/6. Holy **** what an awesome game.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I've noticed like 15 new posters who I never saw before in the phaneuf threads nonstop :laugh:

Contract signed now though, couple more days until it's all over.

:laugh:

It'll never be over. People will never be satisfied.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
:laugh:

It'll never be over. People will never be satisfied.

It amazes me how many people dont have brains on this site. They think they can use that 7m from Phaneuf and magically make a better player appear and take his place. Also all people think about is the future, you should be more worried about now, lots can happen between now and then.

Ace88*

I for one welcome Phaneuf back at 7 even. I would, however, welcome a new captain even more. Not that he's a bad captain but i think we can do a little bit better.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
You'd think people would be worrying more about the lack of support Phaneuf has on the blueline than Phaneuf himself.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
You'd think people would be worrying more about the lack of support Phaneuf has on the blueline than Phaneuf himself.

This is exactly what Nonis said. "It's our job to surround our best players with good players in order to put them in a position to have success."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad