OT: Leafs Lounge 128: It's a beautiful day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Morning everyone, if you guys like scary movies I highly recommend you go see The Conjuring, Can't recommend it enough. It's kind of like The Amityville horror but it's actually really scary, haven't had that in horror movies lately it's just been like small jump scare types of things.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
Morning everyone, if you guys like scary movies I highly recommend you go see The Conjuring, Can't recommend it enough. It's kind of like The Amityville horror but it's actually really scary, haven't had that in horror movies lately it's just been like small jump scare types of things.

Is it scarier than Scream?

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Is it scarier than Scream?

:laugh: Obviously.

Let me just say this, it's rated R, has no sex, no nudity, no profanity. The rating is for 'Rated R for sequences of disturbing violence and terror' :laugh: I was actually pretty surprised by that.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Grandpa's in the hospital, broke his hip yesterday ... Surgery at his age, 89, is very risky but at this point they've got nothing to lose .. He's not stable enough today to do it though, it doesn't sound good

Damn :(

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Grandpa's in the hospital, broke his hip yesterday ... Surgery at his age, 89, is very risky but at this point they've got nothing to lose .. He's not stable enough today to do it though, it doesn't sound good

Sorry to hear buddy. Stay strong.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
My dad is the most insecure piece of **** person I know.

He's jealous of my moms family being here in Canada and he's straight up telling her that right now :facepalm:

This is why you should never live with someone outside of your social class if you have insecurity issues. ****ing low class family ass wipe.

/rant

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
My dad is the most insecure piece of **** person I know.

He's jealous of my moms family being here in Canada and he's straight up telling her that right now :facepalm:

This is why you should never live with someone outside of your social class if you have insecurity issues. ****ing low class family ass wipe.

/rant

Tough to hear. Stay Strong.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Unfortunately, I can relate.

Quite a few of the people from our region can I assume.

One of the major issues with arranged marriage is this - you find a dude who is well off, and has a good family background, but no one really gives a **** about what they are like in person, or to live with. As a result, you might end up worse than being with a nice, but poor person.

Hope things work out better for us :P

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County

One of the major issues with arranged marriage is this - you find a dude who is well off, and has a good family background, but no one really gives a **** about what they are like in person, or to live with. As a result, you might end up worse than being with a nice, but poor person.

Are you supposed to follow suite as you parents did, and have an arranged marriage? Same question goes to LM, or anyone else in here who is of this origin.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I had posted this in another thread but a couple of posters suggest I post here instead.

I am a Bruin's fan . My daughter (who lives in California) told me she will take me to a B's vs Leaf's game Dec 8th. for my birthday.

We usually meet somewhere for one away game a year. I have always wanted to go to Toronto to see a game and the Hockey Hall of Fame. Is the HOF near the Leaf's arena?

I have ST in Boston next to the B's bench. Of all of the visiting fans from different teams the Leaf fans are some of the coolest. They know their hockey and are friendly. (unlike some Flyer and Hab fans :p: ) .

I understand getting seats in Toronto can be difficult. We would like to try and sit near the B's.

Any idea when the tickets will go on sale ? What section is near the visitor's bench ?

Can anyone suggest good hotels near the arena ?

Thanks much

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I don't get the concept of arranged marriage? I'm sure SOME of them work out but how can two people legitimately marry when they barely know each other? It's a ridiculous concept to me.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I had posted this in another thread but a couple of posters suggest I post here instead.

I am a Bruin's fan . My daughter (who lives in California) told me she will take me to a B's vs Leaf's game Dec 8th. for my birthday.

We usually meet somewhere for one away game a year. I have always wanted to go to Toronto to see a game and the Hockey Hall of Fame. Is the HOF near the Leaf's arena?

I have ST in Boston next to the B's bench. Of all of the visiting fans from different teams the Leaf fans are some of the coolest. They know their hockey and are friendly. (unlike some Flyer and Hab fans :p: ) .

I understand getting seats in Toronto can be difficult. We would like to try and sit near the B's.

Any idea when the tickets will go on sale ? What section is near the visitor's bench ?

Can anyone suggest good hotels near the arena ?

Thanks much

The HHOF and ACC are about a 5 minute walk apart. Tickets usually go on sale in August-September. Keep an eye out on our Forum (someone will post about it, I'm sure) or the Leafs website. Visitor bench is Section 118-119 if I remember correctly.

Good hotels in the area include The Royal York, Westin Castle, the Intercontinental and many others if you're willing to walk/TTC around a bit.

Hope this helps.

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
Firefly_class_ship.jpg

perfection

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto

They judge a person off the weirdest things. Like for my guy cousin's wedding they went to go see a girl and the whole time she had her head down and it was her family talking for her.

When they left they're like "oh she's a good girl" and all. I'm like you don't know anything about her They're like she walks good so she has a good personality. WHAT? :laugh:

I suggested they date for a while because its pretty easy to mask your personality for a couplr of hours, and its safe to say and the way they reacted was like I suggested murder or something :laugh:

Are you supposed to follow suite as you parents did, and have an arranged marriage? Same question goes to LM, or anyone else in here who is of this origin.

Hell no! My parents are against us having arranged marriage, nor would I ever have one. They gave my older sister a talk and just said that she could get married to anyone of her choice (obviously not a druggie or anything lol) but they won't openly say she can date. Since we were little it was drilled in our heads, "never talk to a boy! No boyfriend!" :laugh:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The HHOF and ACC are about a 5 minute walk apart. Tickets usually go on sale in August-September. Keep an eye out on our Forum (someone will post about it, I'm sure) or the Leafs website. Visitor bench is Section 118-119 if I remember correctly.

Good hotels in the area include The Royal York, Westin Castle, the Intercontinental and many others if you're willing to walk/TTC around a bit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks much :) I am looking forward to my first trip to your city .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad