OT: Leafs Lounge 128: It's a beautiful day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Hola senor

What does this term mean? Like having the same convo going on in 2 lounges with ppl?

Hola!

It's taking the link of a topic or post and posting it elsewhere (especially frowned upon for trolling). I.e. Post topic X in Forum A, take link of topic X and post it in topic Y on Forum B.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Well just got back home and man Grownups 2 is good, but not as good as #1 and the conjuring holy **** what a great movie.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
NCIS constantly sits on top of standings. For years, American Idol was #1 and set records for viewing as well. Does that mean they are better? TWD has been average for two seasons now with one good episode or so per season. The writing has been weak, the acting has been sub-par besides the 'main characters' and the setting is stagnant. I'm not sure how you can HONESTLY think TWD is #1 show on TV. It's good but it's not GREAT.

American Idol is a poor comparison, that's a competition. NCIS again is the best crime show possibly ever, but TWD still gets better ratings.

You can say they only get ratings because "zombies are in", but TWD ARE the reason Zombies are in.

The writing is very good. I can't go in depth due to spoilers, however I can give several examples, a lot of it is character development, which is very important to the show as a whole.

Season 2 was "sub-par" I guess for some. It was a lot of character development, and story telling. Not everyone likes that.

As for season 3, I understand the disappointment for some about the Season finale, however it was actually very well done in terms of moving forward.

I like GOT a lot, but I give TWD the edge. Again, I can't go in depth as to why, because a lot of it contains spoilers and comparables.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
American Idol is a poor comparison, that's a competition. NCIS again is the best crime show possibly ever, but TWD still gets better ratings.

You can say they only get ratings because "zombies are in", but TWD ARE the reason Zombies are in.

The writing is very good. I can't go in depth due to spoilers, however I can give several examples, a lot of it is character development, which is very important to the show as a whole.

Season 2 was "sub-par" I guess for some. It was a lot of character development, and story telling. Not everyone likes that.

As for season 3, I understand the disappointment for some about the Season finale, however it was actually very well done in terms of moving forward.

I like GOT a lot, but I give TWD the edge. Again, I can't go in depth as to why, because a lot of it contains spoilers and comparables.

You're entitled to your opinion. I can't say I agree though.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Cabin in the Woods wasn't SCARY but it was amazing as a movie.

It had potential as a movie right off the bat but after the first thing they triggered (zombies??) popped up I was just in shock at how terrible they looked and how the movie could go from very suspenseful to a joke in a second :laugh: the girl I was with thought the same, we turned it off right after that

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
It had potential as a movie right off the bat but after the first thing they triggered (zombies??) popped up I was just in shock at how terrible they looked and how the movie could go from very suspenseful to a joke in a second :laugh: the girl I was with thought the same, we turned it off right after that

You turned the movie off right away? You missed out. I'd recommend watching it all the way through.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Maybe sometime, the zombie thing just baffled me though I thought it was terribly executed. I also hate everything zombies (except Shaun of the Dead, including TWD) so it kind of turned me off in an instant

It is not a zombie movie.

jughead42*

Chose 10 NHL Players To Form a Unit Tasked With Fighting a Healthy Male Lion

I'm not going to pretend I'm the absolute genius who came up with this concept, I read about it in the yahoo hockey blog and thought it was worth discussing with my fellow Leaf fans during this slow period of the offseason.

The players will be allowed to use their hockey sticks as weapons, and their hockey pads will be their armour. Instead of skates the NHL players will be wearing running shoes.

If the players fail to kill the Lion you die.

The lion wins if he kills all 10 NHL players.

The NHL players win if they kill the lion.

The battle will take place on a flat, enclosed grassland.

So here's my 10 players:

Dustin Byfuglien
Mikhail Grabovski (assuming he signs before the season with somebody)
Zdeno Chara
Cary Price
John Scott
Dustin Penner
Todd Bertuzzi
Pavel Datsyuk
PK Subban
Patrice Bergeron

Here's my plan: The group throws Carey Price at the lion as an offering. As the Lion is chewing through his chest protector and Price cries like a woman, Byfuglien, Chara, Scott, Penner and Bertuzzi jump on top of the lion and pin it down with their considerable combined weight. Grabovski will then pounce and bite at the lions neck while Datsyuk, Subban and Bergeron stab their broken composite sticks into the beast. I think it would work. What's your 10?

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
kessel.jpg

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Just need one player, Brent Burns.

brent-burns.png

He will infiltrate the enemy camp without them knowing due to the remarkable similarities in appearance. And then when the lion is sleeping...

SarcazemKadri

Feb 15, 2012
Toronto
I'm not going to pretend I'm the absolute genius who came up with this concept, I read about it in the yahoo hockey blog and thought it was worth discussing with my fellow Leaf fans during this slow period of the offseason.

So here's my 10 players:

Dustin Byfuglien
Zdeno Chara
Cary Price
John Scott
Dustin Penner
Todd Bertuzzi
Pavel Datsyuk
PK Subban
Patrice Bergeron

Here's my plan: The group throws Carey Price at the lion as an offering. As the Lion is chewing through his chest protector and Price cries like a woman, Byfuglien, Chara, Scott, Penner and Bertuzzi jump on top of the lion and pin it down with their considerable combined weight. Grabovski will then pounce and bite at the lions neck while Datsyuk, Subban and Bergeron stab their broken composite sticks into the beast. I think it would work. What's your 10?

Funny topic haha. IMO you gotta go sheer force, all bruisers with the exception of the Carey Price offering.

Sip

Jul 18, 2013
I only need 2, and given their history together it is highly probable it goes down as such:

Players: Mikhail Grabovski and Max Pacioretty.

Scenario: Grabo bites Patches, lion is drawn to blood and eats Patches, Grabo runs away.

Goal achieved:
1) Grabo is still alive
2) Lion dies of severe bacterial infection because fecal matter contains all kinds of pathogens; and we all know Patches is full of ****!

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
Colton Orr
Chris Neil
Patrick Kaleta
Milan Lucic
Zdeno Chara
Daniel Carcillo
Zac Rinaldo
Zenon Konopka
Matt Cooke
Tom Sestito

No armor needed.

Game.Set.Match.Humanoids.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto

So here's my 10 players:

Dustin Byfuglien
Zdeno Chara
Cary Price
John Scott
Dustin Penner
Todd Bertuzzi
Pavel Datsyuk
PK Subban
Patrice Bergeron

1. Put up Byfuglien as an offering. The lion either dies because of over-consumption, or he at least gets the itis which allows Bertuzzi to Bertuzzi the lion and kill it.

2. Colton Orr gives him one right hook. The lion suffers a head injury, and dies.

3. Put the lion in a car with Danny Heatley...

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
1. Put up Byfuglien as an offering. The lion either dies because of over-consumption, or he at least gets the itis which allows Bertuzzi to Bertuzzi the lion and kill it.

2. Colton Orr gives him one right hook. The lion suffers a head injury, and dies.

3. Put the lion in a car with Danny Heatley...

:laugh: oh snap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad