OT: Leafs Lounge 128: It's a beautiful day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Far Cry 3 might be one of my fav sandboxes now, right up there with Red Dead, GTA, Saints Row, Assassins Creed.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way

happy-cuteness-overload.jpg

Saw that video before; had the same reaction.

If I get a cat, it'll be a Persian.

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem
I'm starving and my stomach's hurting but just the thought of eating food makes me feeling like throwing up.

Not too mention the headaches, nose leaking like a faucet, and the coughs. I hate getting sick :laugh:

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
LLKL Members:
Please go to the site and voice your opinion in the rules thread. Also vote in the IR poll. This post is mainly for Bert, CL and Phion as you guys haven't been on much. Also CL, please note the salary cap.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
LLKL Members:
Please go to the site and voice your opinion in the rules thread. Also vote in the IR poll. This post is mainly for Bert, CL and Phion as you guys haven't been on much. Also CL, please note the salary cap.

I have noted it a while ago. I'll address the issues after my school term is done. Really busy with **** right now.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Question Epic, is it common for songs like that to all of a sudden make it big even though they were released about a year ago (3/4 of a year in this case)?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Question Epic, is it common for songs like that to all of a sudden make it big even though they were released about a year ago (3/4 of a year in this case)?

Happens more for dance songs etc. Not COMMON but wouldn't say it's rare.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Happens more for dance songs etc. Not COMMON but wouldn't say it's rare.

Ah, okay, I usually just flip on the radio and see what's there :P In most cases I have no clue when a song was actually released.

Edit: This was post 9999, get ready for 10k!

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario

I actually had no idea this song was released that while back. They probably won't use it then. I know it is getting decent air time in the States and Britain, though. Maybe Canadian stations chose one of his other songs -- 'I need your love', instead. Who knows.

I find with electronic dance music, it is really slowwwww to make it to the radio. Most of the artists, since they are DJ's, play it in their sets at concerts/events (which is where I pick it up), then release a music video or it as a single quite a while later.

That song 'This is what it feels like', which I am sure you heard on the radio, was released about Armin van Buuren during Ultra Music Festival in March, then as a music video in April, and it is like now big on the radio as a "summer hit".

Same thing happened with 'Save the World', maybe a year back? Same thing with 'Don't you Worry Child'.

There's a popular Alesso song with One Republic ('If I lose myself') that I am very surprised to not hear on the radio yet.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
I actually had no idea this song was released that while back. They probably won't use it then. I know it is getting decent air time in the States and Britain, though. Maybe Canadian stations chose one of his other songs -- 'I need your love', instead. Who knows.

I find with electronic dance music, it is really slowwwww to make it to the radio. Most of the artists, since they are DJ's, play it in their sets at concerts/events (which is where I pick it up), then release a music video or it as a single quite a while later.

That song 'This is what it feels like', which I am sure you heard on the radio, was released about Armin van Buuren during Ultra Music Festival in March, then as a music video in April, and it is like now big on the radio as a "summer hit".

Same thing happened with 'Save the World', maybe a year back? Same thing with 'Don't you Worry Child'.

There's a popular Alesso song with One Republic ('If I lose myself') that I am very surprised to not hear on the radio yet.

Z103.5 typically plays it during their Drive at 5.

Leafs For Life*

Finally have someone from kijiji coming to look at my ATV, hopefully I don't get lowballed/kidnapped and murdered.

Don't get killed before the end of the draft, it'd be a travesty if we couldn't get the judges results ;)

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County

I've found that "I need your love", "THis is what it feels like", and "If I lose myself" have all been on on the hits station on Sirius. But not until more recently. They were on BPM months ago.

Apr 1, 2010
for 10K that was a total disappointment grant.

YOU even built up the suspense with the 9999 edit.

I'm crying now, you made me sad. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad