OT: Leafs Lounge 128: It's a beautiful day

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Yeah it was pretty sweet. He even came to the bar after, but wasn't interested in signing autos/pics.

I'm not a huge person of autographs or pics with athletes ... Unless it's a true legend .. For the most part I'd rather just have a few minutes of sweet conversation with them, just get to see what they're like in person .. Gives me a better impression than on TV

Like when I met JP Arencibia in a bar her a few years ago ... Really nice friendly guy that I got a chance to shoot the **** with for 5 minutes or so .. Makes me want to see the guy succeed

I would have just ordered Kule a shot on my tab and gave him a toast from my seat when it got to him

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Well yeah personally I wasn't going to walk up to him or anything - he obviously didn't want to be bothered and I'm not really one to hound athletes like that.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I'm not a huge person of autographs or pics with athletes ... Unless it's a true legend .. For the most part I'd rather just have a few minutes of sweet conversation with them, just get to see what they're like in person .. Gives me a better impression than on TV

Like when I met JP Arencibia in a bar her a few years ago ... Really nice friendly guy that I got a chance to shoot the **** with for 5 minutes or so .. Makes me want to see the guy succeed

I would have just ordered Kule a shot on my tab and gave him a toast from my seat when it got to him

Met Burke at the MLSE bar last year. He chirped the **** out of a guy because he didn't want a picture like the other 4-5 of us did, because he was a Habs fan. Burkie was pretty lit, and the night before free agency to boot. :laugh:

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
:rant:

What are you doing with a picture of my ride?

Pretty sure I didn't post this

flintstones.jpg

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Are you supposed to follow suite as you parents did, and have an arranged marriage? Same question goes to LM, or anyone else in here who is of this origin.

My mom doesn't care as long as I get married to a decent woman. My dad is probably gonna be a pain in the ass, but in the end they wont care IMO.

Fear The Phil

Jul 3, 2010
Toronto
Are you supposed to follow suite as you parents did, and have an arranged marriage? Same question goes to LM, or anyone else in here who is of this origin.

Depends on how traditional your family is. My rents grew up in England/Canada for the last 50 years, but really don't believe in arranged marriage even though they themselves had one.

For me, they don't care, obviously they prefer an Indian girl. My GF is Indian, so no biggie there anyways.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Rogers is so ****ing annoying. Half the channels on my tv don't work and my internet keeps cutting out. I call them and all they say is, "i don't know why thats happening". THEN WHO THE **** SHOULD I ASK, GOD? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad