Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose to the canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
That was a tough one to watch, we were disjointed and unfocused. Some guys looked tired.

Not trying to start a riot, but McBackup looked the same steady guy I remembered.

Mcbackup was solid and beat Freddy tonight.

We got friggen Sparks. Dubas better make me eat crow

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Leivo is snakebit, at some point that tide is going to turn for him and he's going to score in bunches

on a side note I don't like the Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen line, all three are guys thrive on getting to the dirty areas and cleaning up but the line doesn't have a guy who works it around the outside to get it in front. I'd like to see Leivo replace Marleau for a bit

Leivo seems a step behind, whether he's shooting or making a play...the NHL is a fast league...half a second could mean a goal or an assist vs nothing.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Leivo is snakebit, at some point that tide is going to turn for him and he's going to score in bunches

on a side note I don't like the Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen line, all three are guys thrive on getting to the dirty areas and cleaning up but the line doesn't have a guy who works it around the outside to get it in front. I'd like to see Leivo replace Marleau for a bit
Kappy slated to be with Matthews I thought!

Reactions: Randy Randerson

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We played well enough to get to overtime after the 1st period, but you can't expect results when you have a first period like that.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Meh, a deserved loss, it happens

Sometimes the other team is just better on the night, I wouldn't mind seeing us start on time in the next game though

That first period was a hard watch

Reactions: saffronleaf

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Leivo seems a step behind, whether he's shooting or making a play...the NHL is a fast league...half a second could mean a goal or an assist vs nothing.
I think you're mis-diagnosing this pretty badly, he and Ennis have been just controlling the play whenever they're on the ice, Leivo had 3 premium chances tonight

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I think you're mis-diagnosing this pretty badly, he and Ennis have been just controlling the play whenever they're on the ice, Leivo had 3 premium chances tonight

I've also seen how slow he's been...I guess I'm expecting too much...lol...not everyone has the instincts of Crosby.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Its nice to see a vast majority of reasonable posts tonight after a lose.
On to the next one!

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I've also seen how slow he's been...I guess I'm expecting too much...lol...not everyone has the instincts of Crosby.
not great foot speed for sure, but super effective in spite of that. Opposing players know they can't let him get close when he gets the puck or he takes it from them, plus a great shot and pretty good vision

He's the opposite of Johnsson, his brain works at NHL speed even if his feet are at the low end of that range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad