Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose, season over

Status
Not open for further replies.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Won't the Hurricanes get him if we land him?

The pick is top 10 protected. But realistically, 12.5% chance we get Laf, which means 87.5% that Carolina ends up with the Leafs 1st pick which will be in the 11-15 range....Dubas has to be sitting there going...:booboo:..atleast thats my hope...otherwise we've got bigger problems if he still doubles down on this..

Fitzzy73

Apr 27, 2018
Its times like this I miss these guys.
55VArOr.jpg

To be fair...they didn't win anything either.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
agree with suggestion to trade some offensive depth for one of the best defencemen in the league, age 25
Doubt a team does that (age 25) because a solid defense is essential and offense only is probably better left to a console.

We have to improve on D no question plus forward D/forecheck and harder to play against. As I said, 52 mil commitment to forward, 15 to D isn’t going to cut it. To top heavy at that.

Reactions: ToneDog

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This is the key.

You can't build a team around offence and then only score 3 5v5 goals in 5 games.

Complete dissapearing act from a number of players.

Other teams seem to enjoy shutting down the superstar hyped Leafs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Torts schooled Keefe??? I feel the Leafs were the better team with puck possession, shots on goal, time in the offensive zone. The truth is Korpisalo was a wall period and cudos to him.

The puck possession, shots in goal and time in the offensive zone were also a mirage in many respects as CBJ kept Toronto to the outside, let them spam low percentage shots (2%). Rinse and repeat.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I hope this loss is for the greater cause and we land Lafreniere tonight.

Not that I'm thinking straight ATM but my dream is to win the lottery and then make wholesale changes. Trade Marner, Nylander, Kapanen and maybe a few others for ideally a right handed partner for Rielly and some guys with perhaps less skill but more physicality and heart.

Come back next year with a completely different look because I'm sick of this one.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Did anyone else think AJ played pretty well? Had a few shots, battled behind the boards etc.

Some ice cold stuff from management, definitely a little audition in what they perceived could likely be their last game before he is shopped.

Leafsguard

Feb 1, 2018
I've watched this team most of my life and I've stood up for them numerous time, I'm done. They are a team built on offence and they couldn't score Matthews, JT, Morgan and Muzzin are the only safe players on this team. Trade everyone else! We need a goalie that has playoff pedigree, we have heard over the last few years that they are building depth at forward to take the pressure off the big guys, when a 37 year old journeyman comes in for league min and he is the only player to fight for the Leafs season that is embarressing. Get this team to spend money on a shrink cause this issue is not the GM not the coach is between the players ears, Matthews - JT -Reilly were the only players to show up for this series. That is disppointing

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
plenty questioned Babcock not making adjustments, Keefe made adjustments to no avail..............

coaching ain't the problem............
The players for a couple years now haven't been giving full efforts for 60 minutes. The coaches clearly can't motivate them.

Reactions: rumman

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The puck possession, shots in goal and time in the offensive zone were also a mirage in many respects as CBJ kept Toronto to the outside, let them spam low percentage shots (2%). Rinse and repeat.
I'd be very interested to see the stats and our expected goals

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The only thing that would make me happy is to see Dubas and Shanahan shown the door - I dont even care if they get Lafreniere - they will find a way to screw that up too under this Management team.

I want the Three Stooges fired as well but I don't see it happening this year. Sadly they need to keep failing or fans need to start throwing waffles on the ice before MLSEL makes a move.

Reactions: forecheck

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I don’t think a strong defensive team that works hard and forechecks hard from start to finish worries about our offensive as much as people do here.
agreed, only Leaf Nation is drinking that flavor of Kool-Ade.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad