Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
This is why the back up needs to start more in October. Andersen struggling against a bottom feeder is a waste of everyone's time.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
First crew rested against rested defenders > secondary crew against tired defenders.
imo

Babcock would have been given shit if he put the secondary unit out there against the tired group, which would have been the call. Otherwise his top unit would also be gassed quickly.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I liked the aggressive call though to get the goalie out early. Almost worked.

Reactions: Liminality

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
We completely outplayed them.

Shot attempts all situations (5v5 in brackets): 80-40 (66-35)

Scoring chances: 41-19 (32-17)

High danger chances: 14-6 (11-5)

All in favour of the Leafs.

Hate to blame one player, but Freddy lost us this game. Oh well, he'll also steal us games that we don't deserve to win (like Wednesday against the Habs.)

The score says otherwise! Their goalie OUTPLAYED our goalie, and, by a wide margin too!

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
We completely outplayed them.

Shot attempts all situations (5v5 in brackets): 80-40 (66-35)

Scoring chances: 41-19 (32-17)

High danger chances: 14-6 (11-5)

All in favour of the Leafs.

Hate to blame one player, but Freddy lost us this game. Oh well, he'll also steal us games that we don't deserve to win (like Wednesday against the Habs.)
October Freddy in full effect tonight.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
You think he would intentionally lose the game.

You think I actually meant that?

It's funny how people are not even giving Sparks a chance. Last time he played for the Leafs, the team was absolute crap and was tanking. Let's see what he can do now on a team that is a little bit better, a lot better actually.

I think he may eventually be a servicable player. We (Leaf Fans) need to take the blinders off. Sparks won’t be good tomorrow and we all know this. If he wows I’ll eat the crow in the PGT but if not you owe me a sorry

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
he's a rookie in his 2nd NHL regular season game and can barely speak english.
I feel that last one should have put him on the Marlies to start the year. Once he has a grasp of English then sure give him a shot. But having someone out there that his defensive partner and the forward group can't communicate with seems set to be problematic.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Ennis is just an all around awful skater. Slow. Easily knocked off balance. Choppy. He's one of the worst skaters I've seen on the Leafs. Better than Clarkson though.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Really hate seeing Ennis on Matthews' wing. He helped on his goal but gaffed hard after on Chabot's goal.

I get he's a veteran player that might need a few games to get going BUT he was also waived and shouldn't be given a long leash.

Kappy is playing like he should be higher in the line up.
I think Ennis is more of a placeholder, so I dont really expect him to be moved out of that spot unless Nylander takes longer than expected to sign.

I'd like to see Kapanen and Brown switched.

Reactions: weems

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Babcock would have been given **** if he put the secondary unit out there against the tired group, which would have been the call. Otherwise his top unit would also be gassed quickly.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I liked the aggressive call though to get the goalie out early. Almost worked.
That's a lot of Babcock's decisions it seems these days. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I was upset about the win against Montreal because we played like ****, so I guess it’s only fair for me to be okay with this loss cause I think they played great. On to the next one
Are goalies no longer part of the team? Andersen shit the bed!

Reactions: ToMaLe

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
The coaching decision of Ennis>Kap reminds me of when we buried Mitch on the 4th line last year and never held Komarov, Brown and Moore accountable. So typical.

Actually what makes it great is that Kap did indeed get ONE shift with Matthews and Marleau, that's the Babcock special, get behind the 8 ball and give the guy with potential one shift, when nothing happens I guess he can say "well I tried."

Wish somebody would hold Babcock accountable since he loves accountability so much.

Reactions: ThewThew and weems

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I really hope this Ennis experiment ends.

Put Kapenen up on Matthews wing and send Ennis to the Press Box.

Id be bringing in Freddy for that 4th line wing spot, so Par can slide into the 3rd line Center spot on shifts where Babcock slides Kadri into Kappys spot for a shift here and there.

Just provides more flexability.

Im tired of seeing Ennis, Ive been a part of hockey for some time now and hes got to be the softest and weakest on the puck I have seen from anyone, thats including everyone 5’9 and under also.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Pretty upset, but im not gonna throw any hot takes. Just telling myself it's only game 2. Let's see how Sparks does tomorrow. You know its not a good game when your favourite moment of the game is when Cherry tells the national audience Ron McLean has 'pot stoner friends' :popcorn::laugh:

Reactions: Azazel

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Yeah me too, coaching staff and Andersen pissed me off real good and proper. That game was ours, disgusting.

I am not saying our season is doomed or any BS like that, but I am competitive and want to win every night so it bugs me.
Yeah and this shit can bite us when trying for home ice in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad