Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Kadri line a -3 tonight, with Leivo taking it to a -4. Yikes. Thats suppose to be our "shutdown line".

Actually Babs' isn't planning on using Kadri for that role for the time being.

Which makes it even worse, woof.

First goal was on Andy - but it was a misread by Leivo as to who had which guy

Second goal was on Ennis - goal dangled badly .. Andy made the first save but the rebound kicked right back to Chabot.

Third goal started with a bad high offensive zone turnover by Brown, Tierney getting lose by Rielly and the D on a shift change, and Andersen giving away his 5 hole

Fourth goal was on Oz for getting walked, and Andy couldn't make a big save

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Here is another bad thing the Leafs have done the first two games. Whenever they have taken the lead they very quickly have allowed a goal against right away. When Tavares scored against Montreal the Leafs allowed a goal 1:39 later and tonight after Matthews goal they allowed a goal against 2:39 later.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Time to change what? It’s been two freaking games.!!!!!

Connor Brown has been terrible for a lot longer than just these first two games.
I find this accountability thing kind of funny with Babcock. That play that Brown made earlier in the game that directly lead to a goal...If that was Nylander he'd be spending the rest of the game on the 4th line as punishment but because Brown is a hard worker he gets a pass.

Brown's play last season, this preseason and the first two games should earn him a demotion to the 4th line if Babcock is really true to his word.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I really hope this Ennis experiment ends.

Put Kapenen up on Matthews wing and send Ennis to the Press Box.

Id be bringing in Freddy for that 4th line wing spot, so Par can slide into the 3rd line Center spot on shifts where Babcock slides Kadri into Kappys spot for a shift here and there.

Just provides more flexability.

Im tired of seeing Ennis, Ive been a part of hockey for some time now and hes got to be the softest and weakest on the puck I have seen from anyone, thats including everyone 5’9 and under also.

Ennis is losing about 95% of his battles in the corner and cannot make a skilled play on the rush anymore.

Well said Chuck

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Actually Babs' isn't planning on using Kadri for that role for the time being.

Which makes it even worse, woof.

First goal was on Andy - but it was a misread by Leivo as to who had which guy

Second goal was on Ennis - goal dangled badly .. Andy made the first save but the rebound kicked right back to Chabot.

Third goal started with a bad high offensive zone turnover by Brown, Tierney getting lose by Rielly and the D on a shift change, and Andersen giving away his 5 hole

Fourth goal was on Oz for getting walked, and Andy couldn't make a big save

Oh please, Leivo was taking the lane, they had two players open on that side, Leivo tried to cover both I think. Regardless should never have gone in.

Andersen was just trash.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
To be fair 2 of those were absolute trash goals by Andersen. Then you get no offset from production while Brown was complete trash, waste.

If you actually analyze it, you understand it better.

Kadri needs some speed on his wings.
Leivo is slow and Brown is a average skater at best that cant create anything offensively.

Reactions: stickty111

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
We've got a RW problem now. Kaps needs to be cloned to serve the 3rd line and the 1st line.

Reactions: Lauro

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Lindholm's and Ozhiganov's NHL careers are going to be short unless they ramp it up.

I was thinking 2/3's of the way through the game that the game hung on a big save or two Andersen didn't make but he did make several big saves in the 3rd.

I remember Guy Boucher out-coaching Babcock in a game early last season. There seemed to be an element of that again tonight.

The 2 crowds to start this season have been absolutely dead. Leafs games are the "in thing" more than ever and it's shocking how many seats were empty at the beginning of the periods including non-Platinum level seating. I think there's a lot of non-hockey fans at these games and it's affecting the atmosphere.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Oh please, Leivo was taking the lane, they had two players open on that side, Leivo tried to cover both I think. Regardless should never have gone in.

Andersen was just trash.

Kadri and Leivo had their lines crossed, there were two guys - the D man and the forward in the high slot. Both guys went to cover the forward in the high slot and left the D open. That's how he got the shot through.

And it was a bad goal by Andy which I also said.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Hopefully none of you live near bridges or overpasses. It’s 2 games. Winnipeg got smacked 5-1, relax. That being said, our d looks gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad