Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
So much for we can without Nylander
Nylander is irrelevant to the leafs right now. He is not under contract with the leafs and is sitting out. Once he is willing to sign a deal than we can look at the impact he will have on the team. Can't blame Dubas and Co for not trying to sign him, but if he wishes to get 8+ million than Nylander will be playing in Europe this season.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I was upset about the win against Montreal because we played like shit, so I guess it’s only fair for me to be okay with this loss cause I think they played great. On to the next one

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
good job babcock
  • your insistence on playing hyman entire game not missing a shift with jt/marner is brilliant
  • your brilliance of bringing in kapanen for two shifts with kadri and brown instead of sitting brown
  • and the best of it calling a time out when you had ottawa all huffing and puffing was just absolutely GENIUS
good job dj smith
  • god of defensive zone structure
  • god of breakouts
  • god of zone exits
  • did i miss anyting
good job freddie
  • what rebound control
  • what poise and calm
  • what an awesome SV% and GAA this game absolutely mind blowing beauty!

FML

:shakehead

Reactions: ThewThew

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Andersen needs the Basketball to make a save, he is that garbage. Always need to score 5-6 goals to even have a chance to win. Because Andersen is AHL caliber backup throughout October. He is basically playing for every opposite team.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I'd kind of rather these guys have a little adversity - maybe it might help keep them grounded a bit more, getting cut down a rung/peg won't hurt them, with all the talent these guys have.

Reactions: Liminality

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
I love Tavares. I think he will be a good player for us. But I really wish we would have spent the money on a defenseman.
Marleau and Jake coming off the books next 2 years... that will free up about 10 mil to get a real D, if one is even available.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
f***. Now I'm pissed off. Bullshit. Stick on the ice freddy. Get your shit together.
Oz. You're not ready and you're f***ing slow. Oh but you shoot right so you can play.

This loss is on Andersen.

f*** f*** f***

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
You can not win game despite all the fire power unless you work for it (you have to earn it)

Andersen was garbage and defense was pretty weak, need some juggling with lines especially the 3rd and 4th line

What's garbage is our systems... Again. Why are we chip and chasing/dumping? We're a skilled team. This is amateur hour coaching

Derekhanna89

Jul 1, 2018
Rough game, Andersen was underwhelming. Every forward except Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Kadri on offense were basically invisible. Honorable mention: Marleau and Ennis who had....moments? Oz had a rough, rough game. Overall, a bad team effort.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
We completely outplayed them.

Shot attempts all situations (5v5 in brackets): 80-40 (66-35)

Scoring chances: 41-19 (32-17)

High danger chances: 14-6 (11-5)

Hate to blame one player, but Freddy lost us this game. Oh well, he'll also steal us games that we don't deserve to win (like Wednesday against the Habs.)
I think we did outplay them for the most part but I also think that's to do with the score effects.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Boys didn't play to badly tonight, some breakdowns but overall it wasn't a bad effort

Andersen let in a few stinkers and Ozhiganov made me wish for the "good old days" when Carrick played on the bottom pair but it is what it is

Reactions: stickty111

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Deserved to lose this one our D needs major upgrading and our lines are a mess. This is a good early wake up game and first thing first our line up needs some shakeup soon.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
****. Now I'm pissed off. Bull****. Stick on the ice freddy. Get your **** together.
Oz. You're not ready and you're ****ing slow. Oh but you shoot right so you can play.

This loss is on Andersen.

Game. 2.

They weren't winning them all this season.

Ottawa, for some reason, has given this team fits in the last few years.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
its was obvious he wanted to rest our top 6 guys and keep them out as long as possible for the last 2 minutes with the O zone start.
Ya but their guys were out of gas... get the faceoff as fast as possible and try to take advantage with a secondary crew.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Not going to get upset about a single loss when we outplayed the other team. However, Ennis has not looked great so far. He got absolutely walked by Chabot and does a ton of moving around without making any progress (The opposite of Matthews).

First two weeks are still time for meshing and getting up to speed and our stars look good so far (Matthews, Marner, and Rielly today). We'll see if Hainsey, Oz, and Ennis improve their gameplay moving forward.

Reactions: egd27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad