Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 5-3 | Get Ceci Off This Team Yesterday | #PrayForAndersen

Status
Not open for further replies.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
I'm saying that Babcock was not sole issue was he was here, and Keefe is not a miracle worker that has solved all the issues.

Keefe >>> Babcock (but there seems to some things he hasn't been able to fix.)

How can Keefe coach around:

Hutch letting out a ridiculous rebound, Ceci watching someone throw in that rebound.

Hutch letting in a pass from behind the net, that was missing the net completely.

Keefe coaching in this game was not an issue whatsoever.

There were 2-3 players (arguable) that cost the team the game. They even singled out Ceci on the broadcast (that doesn't happen very often).

Sometimes losses will be on Keefe, sometimes wins will be on Keefe. This one is not on him at all.

Blue Nate

Sep 27, 2017
St Catharines
I take issue with the players (and Keefe) downplaying the loss because they outplayed Florida most of the game. I know they have to say something to the media and a coach shouldn't single out single players right after games but for God's sake if you are not upset at your teammates lack of execution at critical moments in critical games then you will forever be a loser.

Yes, everyone makes mistakes but everyone also needs to be held accountable for them and not swept away. The game is 60 minutes long so I don't give a f*** how well they play for 40 if the focus isn't there to close it out. I don't give a f*** how cold Hutch was sitting on the bench and then doing almost nothing in the 2nd. Its his job to stay focused and he failed (again).

That being said I don't know what happens behind closed doors obviously and the last thing I want is for Dubas to do something hasty and desperate. But come one, there are no moral victories any more.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I honestly wonder if the lack of shots Hutchinson had in the 2nd period was a factor since it was only a total of 3 for the Panthers. If he had faced more coming in cold off the bench who knows how he plays in the 3rd period.
He is just not n the upside of his career
If freddy cant go we need nylander to score 40 and Mathews to score at least 60 might help in a few of these pee wee goalie nights

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
This one was on Dubie/Shanny. We can blame players all we want. We can blame coaches all we want. Stop for a second and think it through. It is hard because we are all emotional about how it went down.

It all starts with Dubie. Why do we have a backup AHL goalie who Keefe used as a backup for Marlies last year in AHL playoffs as our NHL backup? I think we all know the answer with CAP but this is the primary problem.

So we have a guy who can't play in front of a tired team in a back to backup (could not do it even at AHL level last year either by the way). So we have a guy who can't mop up a game when our team is in total control? and lastly we have a guy who can't start against a playoff team?

So what can he do? Well he can start and win a game against an AHL level team like Ottawa or Detroit when team is rested.

This is not a backup tender.

Great guy local guy and by the way very well trained in goalie technique by Greco. Bottom line you can teach a guy where to stand, how to position himself squarely, understand the butterfly, position himself in the net. and a guy can be great at all that stuff. BUT but but you can't teach athletics. You can't teach scrambling to make a save. and sadly we have a guy as our backup who looks good on technique but that's it. He has to be completely composed and play a game where he uses his brain perfectly and he needs defenders to clear all his rebounds. He can't be in any situation where it is a scramble in front of him requiring any athletic ability to win the day.

Anywho everyone knows this already in Leafland. and we still persist in dressing a player like that. I guess we are a charity. We are certainly acting like a charity Dubie.

So stop the BS here and FIX the issue. It is time to grow up and be a man.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Dynamic duo of trash last night but Hutch was the leader. Ceci didnt make mistakes that should have lead to an L.

Get a backup already . We,re in double digit loss of points now from this guy. That's unacceptable. That's same level as keeping babcock as coach . So what if he has a feel good story of a good game once a month . Playoffs more important

Edit- loss of points as in losses that in my opinion should have been wins with a nhl backup

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
How can Keefe coach around:

Hutch letting out a ridiculous rebound, Ceci watching someone throw in that rebound.

Hutch letting in a pass from behind the net, that was missing the net completely.

Keefe coaching in this game was not an issue whatsoever.

There were 2-3 players (arguable) that cost the team the game. They even singled out Ceci on the broadcast (that doesn't happen very often).

Sometimes losses will be on Keefe, sometimes wins will be on Keefe. This one is not on him at all.

Ok........you win.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
What happened?

Okay, I did not watch the game, as I am being stubborn, but ...

The cbs HHL hockey scores had a 1-0 game. Then it was 1-1 half way done, I thought the Leafs had a chance.

Decided to eat dinner.

Now I see the final score ... 5-3!

How did a tight 1-0 nothing game, then a tight 1-1 game, turn into 5 goals against?

Babcock! Babcock!

Probably sitting in same rubber room with a nice looking suit on, laughing his ass off.

:dunno:

I've seen this so many times at my job. Management makes a bonehead hire with some boy genius who has no clue. They defend him both publicly and privately and stand there stoically while the business goes down the tubes.

Time to get rid of Dubas and keep the door open for Shanahan. They have gone from a Stanley Cup contender to 1st draft pick contender in 2 years. There still is time to salvage this team.

Dubas AND Shanny should both be fired. It’s sickening.. the Leafs have more resources than any team in the league and their GM is Kyle Dubas. That just can’t happen. Dubas is one of the worst GMs in NHL history

At what point do you get booted for trolling? There's criticism than there's posting outlandish crap to get a rise out of people. These dudes do it constantly, at least one of them probably isn't a Leaf fan.(hint: the guy who brags about not watching the games and only posts after every loss)

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
This game was all on Ceci and Marner….. NOT Hutch.

Sorry both of them played disinterested and made major mistakes that cost us the momentum and solid game the rest of the team was playing.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
At what point do you get booted for trolling? There's criticism than there's posting outlandish crap to get a rise out of people. These dudes do it constantly, at least one of them probably isn't a Leaf fan.(hint: the guy who brags about not watching the games and only posts after every loss)

At what point do you stop tolerating mediocrity? Shanahan has been here for 5 years now without anything to show for it. No playoff wins. No division titles. In most other organizations he would no longer be employed. As far as Dubas goes, it’s almost impossible to do a worse job than he has.

Reactions: killer1980

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Be fair the team Shanny took over was an AHL team with a few decent pieces. and nothing in the pipe. Now we have a young skilled team LEARNING DA ROPES with strong AHL and ECHL teams.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Hutch was the reason we didnt lose to Calgary in regulation.
When was the last time Andersen did the same?
Andersen wins us games all the time, and plays solid most of the time. Hutch had one good game against Calgary, but has had mostly terrible games this season.

Hutch has a .886 save percentage this year, and that’s hardly an anomaly, his overall save percentage for the past 4 seasons combined (across 3 teams) is .890. He’s just not an NHL goalie anymore.

I’m not someone who thinks goaltending is the problem all the time, but we dominated this game, had wayyyy better scoring chances. We lost this game because of the goaltending discrepancy.

Last edited:

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
The girlfriend, (Soccer only, whats baseball type european gal) wants to go to another leaf game. Loves the fast paced action of hockey.

Told her theres basically no point if our Goaltender Anderson is out.

We will go on a losing streak and Montreal will surpass us if Freddy is out.

So yeah. Last nights game was like the proverbial flash of our season down the drain... and until we hear whats the result of Freddy being run over... this flash is still happening.

Trade deadline never meant so much to this team. Ever.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Be fair the team Shanny took over was an AHL team with a few decent pieces. and nothing in the pipe. Now we have a young skilled team LEARNING DA ROPES with strong AHL and ECHL teams.

An AHL team? They were in a playoff spot when Shanny fired Carlyle to promote Peter Horachek. Now Shanny has done his “rebuild” and 5 years later they aren’t in a playoff spot. The excuses for this regime are unbelievable.

Reactions: killer1980

horner

May 22, 2007
Florida can make the playoffs this year. They could not without him. Trade Andy together with his pal Mo, sign competent goalkeeper (who actually won playoff series), leave Hainsey, play Sandin with him. And suddenly you have a better team.
He has sucked this yr just saying
Under .900 save %

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Common man ... only Pouly could think that way man. Kessel was only real talent on team. Bozie nice 3rd line piece. Phaneuf was washed up. JVR and Kadri good offensive only line pieces that could score but not much else. Kadri developed later on. and they rode a HOT streak by Reimer before league figured him out. Like I said an AHL team with a few pieces.

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
Yet we’ve been regressing ever since the Washington series. That coincides with the last time Matthews put in defensive effort.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I said this was pretty much a must win and that the team needed to get 7 out of a possible 8 points this week to ensure we are in a solid place. Well we lost the game after I would say a pretty great effort, Bob stood on his head. The issue is we couldn't catch a break on their goalie and our goalie couldn't make a stop. How in the world does Pysyk get a hat trick? IF we falter we need to be sellers at the TDL. If we miss the playoffs and lose our 1st pick it not just a wasted season its a disaster. This team is young enough and we have some great up and coming talent in Sandin and Liljegren to our blue line but we need to add some toughness and find a backup and a playing partner for Reilly that isn't 35+.

:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce