Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 5-3 | Get Ceci Off This Team Yesterday | #PrayForAndersen

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
I expected more from Dermott when he first came up I thought he showed anticipation and made good decisions, but haven't seen a tonne of progress.

Maybe 3rd. pairing defender is his ceiling?

From everything I've been reading recently, Liljegren might be ready for the next challenge.

He wasn't worth Konecny bad trade giving up the 24th pick

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
O'Dog was prophetic yesterday when he said, you won't get away with mistakes when you play playoff teams. The team probably thought the game was won when Matthews scored but that Panther team has come back from 3 goal deficits in the 3rd at least twice. Blowing a 4 point home game against your only competition for the 3rd spot in your division who has 2 games in hand and with their best player out stings big time.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
O'Dog was prophetic yesterday when he said, you won't get away with mistakes when you play playoff teams. The team probably thought the game was won when Matthews scored but that Panther team has come back from 3 goal deficits in the 3rd at least twice. Blowing a 4 point home game against your only competition for the 3rd spot in your division who has 2 games in hand and with their best player out stings big time.
Didn't the Panthers getaway with a number of mistakes yesterday?

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Who won the Game that's all that matters, they played enough to win the Game, at the end of the day the Panthers one period was better than the Leafs two periods.

Yup last I heard, points are awarded for wins not better Corsi numbers.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Who won the Game that's all that matters, they played enough to win the Game, at the end of the day the Panthers one period was better than the Leafs two periods.
...so how many periods do you have to play?

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

:(:(:(:(:(

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

As much as I hate to say it, I think last nights game may have broken this team.

I can’t see them psychologically recovering from this.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Who won the game?
Panthers, but who has said otherwise. These tired cliches are garbage. The fact is the Leafs dominated but lost on bad goaltending and a lack of finish. That's the story of the game, not that they weren't completely dominant for 60 minutes, that's an unreasonable expectation that never happens.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
They've shown they can't get up for the games that truly matter. I'm resigned to believe this season is lost.

Not sure if the season is lost but I am resigned that this team is not a SC winner.

Interestingly, Button asked are Flyers, Isles, Panthers, CBJ, Canes SC contenders because they are ahead of the Leafs.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
11M and he can't even hit the net from there. It's so ****ing upsetting.

Yeah but have you watched this team shoot...it's usually right in the goalies chest or high and wide...that's nothing new there for him (or any other leaf) to get a good chance and miss the net completely...we are lucky our forwards are so damn talented they get enough chances in a game that it usually doesn't bite us too badly

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
I've seen this so many times at my job. Management makes a bonehead hire with some boy genius who has no clue. They defend him both publicly and privately and stand there stoically while the business goes down the tubes.

Time to get rid of Dubas and keep the door open for Shanahan. They have gone from a Stanley Cup contender to 1st draft pick contender in 2 years. There still is time to salvage this team.

I'd take Caulfield or Lafreniere personally...or Cousins...I can put off the parade for a year to grab an actual gamer to complement these guys (cousins or Lafreniere)

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
I want Ceci ****ing off. The guy pisses me off erverytime he's ****ing out there. Doesn't ****ing deserve to be in this league,

He can be in the league...but preferably with Boston or Florida (TB would never take a chance on him in a million years) although with our luck he'd go there and be a legit shutdown all-star defenseman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad