Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-3 In OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
One was a much better chance than the other, and you attempted to equate them as part of your strawman argument that had nothing to do with what I said.

Andersen has played well this series, just like the rest of the team. Columbus goalies have played better this series, and Andersen did not play well last night, which is the primary reason we are down 2-1 despite being the better team in 2 out of the 3 games.

So when we score goals it was an excellent shot/play; other goalie had no chance

when we give up goals; it is all on andersen because teh team defense is stellar; goalie has not been good eh?

:shakehead

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
So when we score goals it was an excellent shot/play; other goalie had no chance

when we give up goals; it is all on andersen because teh team defense is stellar; goalie has not been good eh?

Bingo.

This is the blatant hypocrisy I pointed out a few pages back.

You can micro-analyze any goal a goalie lets in and say "he should have had that one".

Why doesn't anyone ever do this with the other team's goalie?

Korpisalo definitely wants a couple of those ones back too but for some reason only OUR goals are deserved, and the opponents' receive no credit.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Well, first off, their "breakaways" weren't remotely close to the same. Tavares was in all alone. Dubois had pressure from behind that forced him to the backhand. Tavares is also a better player/goal-scorer than Dubois. On equal goaltending, that Tavares goal happens more often than the Dubois goal.
66938823.jpg

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Series should have been over if Andy maks a couple of key saves. I am no goalie expert but if he stays on his feet, Jones does not score their 2nd goal. Also went down early on Dubois' first goal and he rarely stops anybody on a breakaway at a key point in games. I think his time is running out here.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Andersen has been one of our best players this series
Over the series, both the team and Andersen have been good. The problem is, while the team of skaters has been better than their opposition, Andersen has not been better than his counterpart. That's more about Columbus' goalies playing out of their mind, but that's the difference right now.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Wonder if all the people who are blaming the goalie for everything disagree with our superstar coach's opinion?

He seems to think the team played a pretty poor game.

It was definitely mediocre at best. But at the same time it was enough to win when coupled with one additional very makeable save at a timely moment.

Greggo56

Feb 24, 2020
This team lacks a blue collar presence. Doesn't surprise me. When Toronto was a blue collar city we appreciate hard working and tough players above all else. Now that Toronto is a progressive shithole we bend the knee to the likes of Seth Jones and his degenerate movement. I want to see some blood. PLD should have had his head caved in within five minutes of the opening face off. These guys have no balls, like the rest of Toronto.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It's not until I hear Barrie's name that I remember he is on the team.

I had such high expectations for him and was expecting great things, but he's been an absolute bust. Disappointing. And I still can't believe Keefe is running him on the 1st PP over Rielly.

Barrie is very sensitive. If you demote him, he might become resentful and go back to being the dman he was under Babcock. Positive reinforcement is the only thing you can do for someone like Barrie.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
It was definitely mediocre at best. But at the same time it was enough to win when coupled with one additional very makeable save at a timely moment.

I bet Korpisalo wishes he made a couple more too, all the same.

But we won't talk about that because that flies in the face of blaming the outcome of the game on one player from one team..

Reactions: Buds17

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Series should have been over if Andy maks a couple of key saves. I am no goalie expert but if he stays on his feet, Jones does not score their 2nd goal. Also went down early on Dubois' first goal and he rarely stops anybody on a breakaway at a key point in games. I think his time is running out here.

On the 2nd goal IMO; freddy got out of position because of the cross seam pass to PLD; that was pathetic defense and good play by CBJ to get the goalie moving

Reactions: ToneDog

Greggo56

Feb 24, 2020
This team lacks a blue collar presence. Doesn't surprise me. When Toronto was a blue collar city we appreciate hard working and tough players above all else. Now that Toronto is a progressive shithole we bend the knee to the likes of Seth Jones and his degenerate movement. I want to see some blood. PLD should have had his head caved in within five minutes of the opening face off. These guys have no balls, like the rest of Toronto.
You’re despicable and antiquated. Beat it, Archie Bunker.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I bet Korpisalo wishes he made a couple more too, all the same.
True, but at the same time Merzlikins is probably pretty happy with himself.

Should he get all the blame if he allowed a so-so 4th goal? No he shouldn't. But they won the game because he didn't.

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Fine for him to be down on all the goals, just too deep and off his angle

Reactions: ToneDog

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Barrie is very sensitive. If you demote him, he might become resentful and go back to being the dman he was under Babcock. Positive reinforcement is the only thing you can do for someone like Barrie.

this is NHL shape up or stay home.

We don;'t have time for positive reinforcements; barrie sucking ass even with the 1st PP time;

it is about time Keefe grows some balls and tells Barrie that it aint working out; we need Rielly up there

Reactions: binop7

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Over the series, both the team and Andersen have been good. The problem is, while the team of skaters has been better than their opposition, Andersen has not been better than his counterpart. That's more about Columbus' goalies playing out of their mind, but that's the difference right now.

Columbus' D plays much better in front of their net. I did not like some of the goals Freddy gave up but I bet he is much better behind CBJ's D.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010

This x10000.

The Leafs have played 10 periods vs Columbus and have probably been the better team for seven(?) of them?

Andersen hasn't been even remotely close to the largest problem, but Columbus' tandem has outplayed him through 3 games. The reality is, we know the defense is a large issue - the series comes down to bounces and goaltending - it always does. Still time left for them to pull it together, but now the margin for error is zero.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
You try being a sports athlete in Toronto when things aren’t going your way and you’re losing games. They get harassed when on the streets. They get destroyed in social media. You’d probably understand that if you got off your couch once in a while.
Dude, for $10.893 million a year I would agree to a naked tar-and-feathering down Yonge St on the first of every month.

You think I care that these rich multi-millionaire athletes get a little criticism directed their way when they don't earn their millions through, you know, actually performing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad